Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loveplants22

Kaneohe Sunburst... Always changing!!!

Here she is showing her deep coloration as the heat appears in Virginia!!!

She went from light pink to a darker fushia.. Love the changes!! Very fragrant too!!

Have a great night !!

Laura

Comments (24)

• texasplum
    9 years ago

Wow. Beautiful maam! Just picked up two from Emerson and can't wait to see some blooms now!

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you, Roxanne!!! I also love the fragrance.!!!

Texasplum... I am sure you will be very happy with them!! Please post pictures of your babies when they bloom!!

Thank you!!!

Laura

• elucas101
    9 years ago

Laura, what a BEAUTIFUL sight!!! The colors seem so rich and refreshing! That's a really pretty photo, it captures the orange and the pink nicely.

• texasplum
    9 years ago

Yes maam I will can't wait after seeing your pics!

• Kimo
    9 years ago

Laura,
    Amazing colors.. Luv KS.

Thanks

• chuy415
    9 years ago

Stunning like always Laura!!! No sign of inflos on any of mine yet ;/.

Chuy

Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you, Emily!, This has been the longest lasting blooming tree!! I still have blooms and new buds forming!! Happy camper here!!!!

Mahalo, Texasplum.... I'm sure you will have some beauties!!

HI James!! Thank you as well!! How is your patch this season? I bet you have some beautiful blooms!! Mild winter for you too !! Lucky.... ;-)

Chuy.. I can't wait to hear about your trees ! Im Sure you will have some beauties!!

have a wonderful Memorial Weekend, everyone!!!

Laura

• georgecc
    9 years ago

Laura, even though we had a mild winter, and things are coming up much earlier than last year or the previous, I think you're still way ahead of us. I have lots of inflos, but only two actually blooming (and one of those I bought, blooming, last week! Does that count?). Hope to see more blooms soon, but in the meantime, I'll just enjoy pics from your garden!

• Dar Sunset Zone 18
    9 years ago

Its gorgeous Laura! Cant wait to see more of your plumerias blooming. ðÂÂÂ

• rox146
    9 years ago

my first bloom opened today for Kaneohe ...love it! roxanne

• Kimo
    9 years ago

Hey Laura,
    Thanks.. Winter 2014 was very, very mild. I finally got around to fertilizing and checking out my patch couple weeks ago and making my pruning list...very extensive at this point as I am chopping some trees down by half. Basically ignored the patch all winter and spring. Surprisingly I have a bunch of blooms now, Aurora is in full bloom even though its only been in the low to mid 70's, colors still there with almost lavender halo on older blooms and the splashes of red like JJ's Tiger on the edges of the newer flowers(tree has a bunch of almost open inflos) Current pic taken today.

, India, Emmersons Pink Nova, Mela Pa Bowman, Guillots Sunset, Celadine, Hong Kong all blooming away, tons of inflos yet to open on other plants and do their thing. Fantasia,Australia aka Cabalaba pink, Metallica, Golden Pagoda, Dane, Kasetsit, Sherbert Town, George Brown/Musk Rainbow, Budaraksa, Orange Jack, Purple Jack, etc, etc, etc have tons of inflos but no blooms.

Hope your patch is blowing up with blooms, if not soon.

Cheers

This post was edited by freak4plumeria on Sat, May 31, 14 at 2:57

• texasplum
    9 years ago

Such beautiful colors!

• gidgetsocal
    9 years ago

Laura, your Kaneohe Sunburst is so vivid! Makes me want to hop on a plane to Hawaii and sip on a Mai tai! Love!

Roxanne, congrats on your KS bloom! So pretty!

• rox146
    9 years ago

I did not know this one had little hidden hairs....

• gidgetsocal
    9 years ago

Are you talking about the fuzz in the center at the petals' edges? If that is what you mean, I never noticed that either! Cool beans! Reminds me of the fuzz on Elizabeth Thornton Lemon Drop branches.

• rox146
    9 years ago

I do a lot of close ups on the blooms....never noticed the hairs before...will have to keep looking on other blooms.

Original Author
    9 years ago

HI James!

Sounds like plumeria heaven to me!! Congratulations on the selection as well as all of the inflos that will be making their debut!! Glad to hear that you made it out to see your patch.. I'm sure they have grown quite a bit. Hope you have your helpers trimming for you... I can't wait to see pics of all of those beauties.. I'm so excited to see them, please post? Hope you are well and hope we might see you at the open house in July!!! ;-)

Cheers to You!!!

Rox... Beautiful picture of your KS!! I can't see any hairs.. Lol!! You have a great camera to pick those up!! Always beautiful pictures.. Wow!!!

Gigetsocal .. Sounds like a plan.. We all would love to join you on a plane ride to Hawaii and enjoy some special drinks!! Sounds delicious!! Thank you for the kind comments!!!

Take care,

Laura

• Kimo
    9 years ago

Laura,
    I might be going to JJ's but probably the week before the open house if I go. So I am not sure if I will go back for a 2nd round, depends on what goes on during the prior trip.
    I know you and your friends will have fun.

Original Author
    9 years ago

James....But it would be so much fun to see you as well... ;)

Beautiful pictures as always!!! I couldn't see them from my cell yesterday.

They are stunning!!

Cheers!!

All of the ones that I have from you are doing great!! I'm thrilled!!!

Take god care,

Don't buy to much before we get there!!! ;-)

Laura

• texasplum
    9 years ago

Freak,

Sounds like your garden is doing awesome this year. Hope we get so see pics of all the flowers!

• jandey1
    9 years ago

YOWZA! Such fabulous colors considering the heat hasn't hit your patch yet, James. I can only imagine how great it smells there!

• Kimo
    9 years ago

Jen,
    Thanks. The funny thing is with plumies the hotter and brighter your summers are the more intense colors get. Yellows like UHO goes Orange, Oranges will go red, reds can go blackish or purple,etc. The opposite works here where in cool temps she looks more red/Mauve/orange, in hotter temps orange to yellow with a red stripe very similar to Tobas Fire.
    Here is a pic from Lopaka in hot steamy So Florida, totally looks like Tobas Fire.

In Texas and West Va, not sure how it will respond, Paula B F can tell you if you know her.

Lopaka's pic:

Cheers

This post was edited by freak4plumeria on Mon, Jun 2, 14 at 2:25

Original Author
    9 years ago

OMG James, what a difference....

It does have such a huge difference with the heat, humidity in the coloration.. I can't believe the difference in AB in Cali vs Florida!! Unbelievable..

Maybe Virginia and Texas will have different colors too?

Thank you for sharing... Just beautiful.

Cheers!!

Laura

Hi Jen.. Glad to hear of the Makaha Sunn ... Woo. Hoo... Sweet!!!

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH