Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ginger9899

Should I repot these yet?

ginger9899
10 years ago

Hi, I wanted some advice since this is my first time with plumeria. All of these cuttings were given to me last fall and to my surprise they all seem to have rooted. I have made some bad choices in pots though and wonder if I should let them be or repot into bigger/better pots now. I have a bad habit of repotting things way to often so I wanted to check.

First group: these were bag rooted last fall and planted prematurely into these little pots last month when roots got big in the bags. They are very little cuttings though. The cuttings are 4,5, and 6" high from soil to tip, and the pots are about 6-8" wide by 5 or 6" high.

Second group are in bigger pots, 8 x 9" but it is terra cotta. I know now those are frowned upon. These plumeria are 6, 7, 8, and 16" high soil to tip. The biggest I purchased rooted and planted int this pot last fall, 2 were rooted in these pots last fall, and 1 was bag rooted then planted in this pot last month.

Let them be until next spring or get them more room ASAP? I actually have several cheap used 2/3/5 gallon nursery pots I bought from a garden center here for almost nothing if those would work. Thanks, as always for your expert advice!

-Heather

Comments (6)