Vera Cruz Rose

rox146
9 years ago

Belongs in every collection. Here comes Vera Cruz Rose. roxanne

Comments (15)

• rox146
    Original Author
    9 years ago

as it unfurls, already has a rose scent.

• rox146
    Original Author
    9 years ago

we have it right by the door to the deck and you get a whiff as soon as you walk outside.

• rox146
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Here is the size of the 1st bloom which fell off today....opened 5 days ago at least. Get one! roxanne

• texasplum
    9 years ago

Looks amazing as it opens up! Just picked one up from Emerson a couple weeks ago cant wait!

• rox146
    Original Author
    9 years ago

meant to post...that is a quarter...1st bloom always the biggest? roxanne

• rox146
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Cstars Lilyanna....same as Vera Cruz Rose???? Because I have them both and even though the scent is the same, the size and quality of the flower are mils apart. I bought Vera Cruz Rose from Matthew at Island Plumeria and it is FABULOUS! This is the 1st time in 4 years that Lilyanna has bloomed and the are on the same deck together and so small and problems .

• texasplum
    9 years ago

Looks awesome and heard the scent is wonderful. I have one but not doing too good right now. Had a soft tip so I cut and keeps dying back. Hopefully she will turn around!

• spiroan
    9 years ago

The Vera Cruz Rose bloom is beautiful! I bought some VCR seeds from Brad's early last year, and although I know they won't be exactly the same, I'm excited to see the blooms in a couple of years. I'm probably even more excited to smell them. In your pictures, the bloom just looks like it smells good.

• pcput
    9 years ago

Gorgeous, Roxanne!
    I've smelled Laura's bloom
    "Wonderful"
    Peg

• rox146
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Peg, looking forward to meeting you and hope it is still blooming....roxanne

• pcput
    9 years ago

Roxanne, I'm looking forward to meeting too and of course smelling the blooms.
    Peg

• gidgetsocal
    9 years ago

Roxanne- how big are the blooms on your Lilyana? I have a no ID, Cstars Costco special that just bloomed. It smells like roses and looks like yours, but the blooms are small, about the size of a half dollar.

• rox146
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Yes, the Lilyanna I have from them is not NEAR as big as the Vera Cruz Rose I have from Island Plumeria and yet the tree is a couple of years older. Smells the same though but gets brown on petals easy and not as big. roxanne

• rox146
    Original Author
    9 years ago

My ever blooming Vera Cruz Rose, from Island Plumeria, has thrown out 2 mosaic patterns. Is this normal, kind of cool???? roxanne

• barb13_gw
    9 years ago

I sure wish that the one I have would bloom. I think I have had it for 4 years and so far no flowers. Thanks for the pictures. Barb