Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Survived our Canadian winter...

Posted by mcdavies (My Page) on
Wed, May 14, 14 at 22:54

Hi all...

Total newbie here. Got a 3ft plumeria and a half dozen seedlings late last summer. Kept them under both natural and artificial lights until they dropped their leaves in January.

In the past week...what do you know...all are sprouting like wildfire! Now just have to wait for the temperature to get a bit more summery to take them outside.

Not that glorious, but pretty exciting for a Toronto guy like me!

Mark

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Survived our Canadian winter...

Completely amazing! :) You must be incredibly excited!

Welcome to the forum....

Keep us updated on your plants.

Take care,

Nicole

o

Way to go!!!

You must be so proud!! I'm happy for you!!! Toronto... Yes!!!

Bravo on that beautiful inflo!!!!

Take care,

Laura

o

Good job Mark!!! I am in PA and still do not have mine outside fulltime.

Bill

o

Well I think it's extremely glorious! Great job with your plants, that is really impressive. Your climate presents a few challenges but you have managed to overcome that, we all look forward to keeping up with your progress!

o

Bravo!!

I'm still tickled at your accomplishment ! Oh , what a feeling!!!

Bill.. So nice to see you!! Missed you around here!! Wanted to say that the Hawaiian air plant is growing really well. Just repotted it. I'll take a pic when I get home! Watch out for this line of storms!! Yikes!!! I'm flying today. Argh!!!

Take care ,

Laura

o

Thanks for all the kind words! The tree has 2 branches...this is the other branch...

o

Hi Laura, I am still around; just a big lurker without much good advice. I just carried everything in because of the storm system coming. I am in the process of repotting with the hope our low temps will stay higher than 50*F. I feel the kindred spirit with Mark and the short growing season.
Bill

o

Yo Mark,
Excellent work man, it's pretty amazing what your doing waaaaaayyyyyyy up north! What kind of light are you using hps?

Keep up the good work, & the pics
Jason

o

Nice work. Be sure to share when it blooms. I would say 3-4 weeks if its still inside.

o

Hi Jason...

Lighting is nothing sophisticated...two 26W compact fluorescent bulbs in reflector fixtures about 3ft above the plants. On for 12 hours/day. The plants are also beside a window that gets indirect sunlight.

Mark

o

Looks like a good inflo, and very impressed you were able to do it in Canada! Can't wait to see the pics of the blooms.

o

Hi Mark,
Where do you get your Plumeria? I am trying to buy one.

o

CTHarde..

Where in Canada are you located. A friend who lives In Alberta gave me some info....

Here is some info for you guys up north!!

Good luck!!!

THE TROPICAL TREE if you want the number you can email me. Cyn Lk from Montreal has some Thai varieties , she belongs to a few of our groups on FB.

Hope this helps...

Laura

This post was edited by loveplants2 on Mon, Jun 2, 14 at 9:46

o

Hi,
I am in Montreal. Can you give me contact info of Cyn Lk?

Thanks

o

CTGarde,

Send me an email and I will give you the information . She is in Quebec. But I'm sure she can mail... This will be a good contact for you with some Thai trees. My email will be in the information Section if you go to " my page"

Glad this wil help you!!!

Take care,

Laura

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here