Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
irun5k_gw

JJ in FL Lowes

irun5k
9 years ago

Just saw the following:
http://www.junglejacksplumeria.com/#!jj-in-retail-stores/cqwl

Sounds good for FL this year, everything should be tagged well and even some special surprises! And showing up by the end of the month apparently.

Might have to take a look!
Brian

Comments (8)

• texasplum
    9 years ago

good luck! Hope some make it to Texas!!

• irun5k
    Original Author
    9 years ago

So there is actually quite the confusion on this one. The Lowes staff told me they're not getting any from Better-Gro and added that Better-Gro is moving to Atlanta.

Both JJ and Better-Gro have indicated that Lowes would be seeing Plumeria. At any rate Better-Gro is the major supplier of orchids to the big boxes, so if they are truly moving out of state that would be a big deal.

Sounds like somewhere, someone has a "failure to communicate"! LOL well we'll see what shows up I guess.

• irun5k
    Original Author
    9 years ago

The local Lowes got their shipment of 60 Jungle Jacks Plumeria this week, rooted/grown by Better-Gro.

There was 1 Inca Gold, and the rest were Mini White and California Sunset. So nothing too exciting but the only one I owned already is Inca Gold. If previous years are any indicator, selection varies by store.

I picked up an 8 tip(!) mini white as well as a second Mini White and California Sunset. At least one if not two are gifts but I will keep the 8 tipper. I have to say I am quite impressed to see a plant so small with this number of tips. Can't beat it for $20.

• pcput
    9 years ago

And wouldn't you know it, I'm in VA and not at the house in FL! Bummer!
    Peg

• irun5k
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi Peg, let me know if you want something- if they still have it I'll pick one up and hold it for you. Limited variety, but they do seem pretty healthy this year.

• pcput
    9 years ago

That's sweet for you Brian. Thanks for the offer! I've been drooling over all the great varieties showing up in CA but it looks like St.Petes got the same old ones. So thanks again but unless they would get some better ones I can pass on these. Maybe cause they have to ship farther they only send the old reliable ones. Glad at least the plants look good. Guess it's better than nothing like here :) I guess I'll save my plumeria pennies for the JJ's open house.
    Peg

• irun5k
    Original Author
    9 years ago

No problem- FL is a little different in that a nursery in South FL buys cuttings from JJ and then roots them. I think elsewhere in the country they get rooted plants directly from JJ.

I may check the Lowes in Tampa after work next week, I will let you know if they got anything unique!

Brian

• beachplant
    9 years ago

not only does the Lowes not have them but our local nursery who carried them last year doesn`t have any!
    Tally Ho!

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville