Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tdogdad

Antlers for Laura

tdogdad
10 years ago

Here are the last half dozen of the Psycho antlers. The second picture shows 80 new cuttings, 20 earlier plantings, and 45 rooted from last year. Of the 145 I plan to keep 3. It feels so good to be done and ready to tend the garden.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comments (18)

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    10 years ago

Hey Bill

Wow, A couple of those actual look like deer antlers! LOL

your garden looks great! Thanks for sharing the pictures

Mike

• tdogdad
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Powderpuff, Diane. I could not access your e-mail so I could not reply to you. Where do you live? If in So. Calif, I can help, but anywhere else I am not doing any mailings. Bill

• disneyhorse
    10 years ago

Wow, those genuinely are antlers! Instant trees!

• powderpuff
    10 years ago

Thank you, but I'm in Florida. :( It's okay. I will find one eventually. :)

• No-Clue
    10 years ago

Wow Bill those are huge! Bigger than most of my trees! Lol. You are amazing with those cuttings. :)

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    10 years ago

Hi Bill!!

Those are some "Racks". OMG, they are huge !! Those would be difficult to take home, but it sure would be fun to watch the expression's on people's faces... ;-)

I could hear myself, " excuse me, coming through... ". Lol...I'm laughing right now thinking of the problems that I would cause !!!

Just the other day, I found a great tree In the mountains and I had to bring it home on the plane.. My crew and I were in this together ...Once I finally made it hone, they wanted to have updates on the tree! They fell for it too, so other people are like me out here In this world! My, My!!! ;-)

How is the " mother" tree doing after the trim? I would love to see a pic of "psycho" after the trimming that she received and I'm sure others would be interested too!

Thanks for the pics.. Oh! The second pic, are those Tuberoses? I planted some this year and I can't wait to smell these beauties...

Have a great night !!!

Laura

This post was edited by loveplants2 on Fri, May 17, 13 at 0:47

• chuy415
    10 years ago

Bill
    Those Antlers look as tall as me! Lol
    Great pics and I agree... Looking forward to gardening
    And seeing everything grow! Thx for sharing
    The pics

Chuy

• beachplant
    10 years ago

I love your pics, I can pull them up and go "see? I`m not that bad" lol! Though right now every empty spot has something rooting, growing or sprouting in a pot right now. Gettng ready for a plant sale for our community garden.
    Great job!
    Tally HO!

• elucas101
    10 years ago

Did Psycho originate with you Bill? Thanks to a generous friend Psycho has even reached me here in Austin, TX. (and I think jandey has one too!)!! It is rooting right now - and of course shot out an inflo that unfortunately had to be cut off.

Laura - HI! Hope you are well! I also planted some tuberoses recently - I sure hope they sprout! How long should they take from planting to sprouting??? Hoping to smell the wonderful fragrance everyone raves about!

• tdogdad
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for the comments. The tuberoses seem to start blooming for me in August. I also picked up some Arabian Jasmine (Pikaki) at the garden show so with the Gardenias, Pikaki, tuberoses and plumies I have a smell fest coming this summer.
    Elucas- the name of psycho came from my wife but the plant has been around here for a long time. It was called Gardena after the city in L.A and white with red stripe by Marilyns gardens. It was incorrectly called Gardenia and something trumpet which are both Jim Little plants and different. jandey visited me a few years ago and grabbed some cuttings.
    Laura- here is a pic after haircut.

• astrl
    10 years ago

Wow, that is some collection and some tree! I bet the fragrance at your house will be wonderful. How old is the parent tree?

I really wish some of mine would bush out more, but maybe that only happens when they in the ground. My oldest are only 5 years old, and all are currently in containers. They were a little slow to get going this year, probably due to the confusing temps.

• jandey1
    10 years ago

I can hear the drool hitting all the keyboards around the country, LOL! Those are some spectacular antlers; they must all be going to some good homes.

• texasplum
    9 years ago

I know this is old but good gosh.....what a bunch of cuttings!!! There had to be some very happy people!!

9 years ago

Happy people all around the country!!!!

Those are some " Antlers... ". Always fun to bring home on the plane too!

Love to see the eyes open wide and mouths drop to the floor!!! Lol

See you soon!!!

Great thread, brings back great memories!!!

Laura

• texasplum
    9 years ago

Mrs. Laura,

I cant imagine trying to walk through security with those in your hands! I bet you got some looks in there! Lol what we will do for some plumies!. By far the most impressive cuttings I have ever seen.

9 years ago

Lol.. I agree with you, Texas!!!

Those were the most impressive !!

Walking through the airport, I had to make a few adjustments and I did have a few " strange looks". But I just kept on walking like I knew what I was doing!! I took over the bin in the airplane and made sure my cuttings were safe.. That's when my husband would just look away acting like he didn't know me!! Lol!!

I did have some help.. I will admit, I work for the airline and that certainly helps... ;-)

" always walk with antlers In Hand like you know what you are doing..." Lol!!

People actually walked up to me to ask what they were.... My DH walked 10 paces behind me.. It was hilarious!!!

Have a good night!!!

Laura

• jandey1
    9 years ago

Where is our friend Bill, anyway? I miss him around here!

9 years ago

Jen,

Bill is fine.. He is having computer issues and won't be back on until they are fixed.....

He will be back soon!!!

Laura