Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loveplants22

OT. MIke in OK.... Here is what is rooting... ;-)

HI MIke,

Just wanted to show you the Gardenias that were growing in my mothers yard. I took the plants before she moved and I have had beautiful huge and the most fragrant blooms of any Gardenia ever...

Thought of you and I wanted you to know I was rooting yours and one for Robert!!

Look at the size of the blooms compared to my hands..

My mother always called them "The Old Fashioned Gardenia"

I have two trees in the ground and some smaller trees that line the back of my house. The fragrance is so intense, my DH has to move them sometimes when I have them in a vase here in the house.. I just love them!!! Must be those allergies again!! Lol...

Thought you would like to see what is growing for you !!!

Cheers!!!

Laura

{{gwi:105557}}

Comments (10)

• Kimo
    10 years ago

Laura,

OMG those are so HUGE and gorgeous!!!

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    10 years ago

WOW!!! Those are the biggest gardenia blooms I've ever seen. that is so awesome. Thank you!!

Is your seedling getting used to its new neighbors?

Mike

• Kenny
    10 years ago

Laura,

That is a beautiful gardenia bloom. I didn't know you can root it like that. Do you know happen to know the name?

Kenny

• dpolson37
    10 years ago

Wow Laura, that would make the perfect Birthday corsage with a smell to die for. Nice green thumb.

BWD

• Robert (zone 7a, Oklahoma)
    10 years ago

Wow indeed! Those are huge! Thank you so much for rooting one for me. :)

-Robert

• No-Clue
    10 years ago

"Gorgeous Laura!" said the Gardenias Killer. Better keep those things away from me. But they should be safe for another year since I already killed my quota for the year. LOL

I about kill two a year usually around Mother's day. Hey you can't blame a girl for trying though. :)

Robert and Mike will be thrilled!! You have an amazing green thumb!

This post was edited by No-Clue on Tue, Jun 25, 13 at 15:42

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    10 years ago

That is the most gorgeous gardenia I've ever seen!

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hello Everyone!!

Hi James.. They are the largest blooms i have ever seen too! The fragrance is just as powerful.. I love these beauties.. Want one?

Hi Mike!!! Yes.. your seedling is adjustng nicely beside all of the others cousins learning the tricks on how i care for them!! It is in good company and i will send a report soon!! He is very happy!!! ;-)

Hi Kenny!!! I enjoy the cutting's. i have them in the vase inside and i root them at the same time!! I dont know the real name, but my mother always called them "Old Fashioned"
    Im sendinng two to OK.. i could send three?

Hey BWD!!! That would make a beautiful corsage!! I guess i would need to wear this while working in the yard? LOL.. I did go to lunch with my daughter and mother and Grandson.. so i could have used one!! Thanks!!!
    Happy Birthday to your dad!!!

Hi Robert!! MY pleasure.. especially to the one who LOVES fragrance.. this will knock your socks off!!! LMAO!!

Hi Lynn!! I have heard of others having trouble with Gardenias .. On one of the forums, they talk bout them often.. probably the fragrant forum. They are beautiful and if you ever want one.. let me know!! ;-)

Hi Mona!! Thank you so much!! You will have to get up to VB one of these days this summer.. Peg and I will take you to lunch!!!

Take care,

Laura

• Kimo
    10 years ago

Laura,
    Happy Birthday again!! I love Gardenias, the large white flowers, the super shiny leaves one of the most gorgeous flowers. Actually I had 6 Tree Gardenia Topiaries that were at my new house when I moved in a while ago and because of my asthma I had to get rid of them as the perfume would irritate my sinuses. Even with plumies I love the colors, shapes and visuals but really do not smell them as I have issues breathing if the plumies are too strong, thats why I like JJ's plumies as many of them have faint, mild or no scent, but gorgeous colors and shapes.
    Thank you for the offer though!!!

Cheers
    James

• Kenny
    10 years ago

Laura,

I have one gardenia plant that I bought earlier this year. They had to put them at the entrance of a hardware store so the first thing one smelled were these gardenias! I had to take one home after smelling them. The blooms aren't as big as yours.

If you have an extra one for me, I'd love to have it. I'll gladly pay for postage to okc :)

Kenny