o
Thornton's Lemon Drop

Posted by mjhuntingtonbeach 10b (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 17, 14 at 0:55

The whole tree

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thornton's Lemon Drop

Mike, is that in-ground? Mine is very low on inflos this year and I wonder if it's because it's in a pot. Such a water hog in the pot, too!

o

The one last year I almost lost in a pot, I put in the ground in March. All the 6 tips are in bloom now but one....love it! roxanne

o

Yes, I put that TLD in the ground last year in March. It's really taking off, should be covered with blooming inflos in another few weeks. I can post a picture then.

o

wow!! cant wait to add this one to my list! still trying to find a decent sized one.

o

Texasplum, where are you in TX? You could try contacting citizeninsane on the forum (George H.). He had some nice size ones available before the sale.

o

I am having a hard time knowing how often to water. Mine are all in containers. These wonderful plants appear happy no matter what, but I am afraid too little water will cause stress and less blooming. Jen - does your TLD seem to take more water than others? How often are you watering this time of year?

o

Jandey,

Yes maam I did but he sold them all at the sale. I bet they didn't last long! I live in Liberty Hill about 30 min north of Austin. Thank you for the help though.
Shane

o

Yes, TLD is a water hog! That's why I wondered if they would do better in the ground than a pot. Someone else has mentioned that on this forum. I notice branch wrinkling on mine within 3 or 4 days of a deep watering so I'm watering every 3 or 4 days.

Shane, there may be someone around here that has a big tree to spare at some point. Don't give up! There's always the next sale in Rosenburg in July, too.

o

Hi Mike!!

Love your ETLD !! She sure is a beauty and looks like she is loving it in the ground!!!

All of my trees are so thirsty right now.. I have been watering every other day here in Virginia. Temps yesterday were in the mid 90's. I just checked my trees and they were thirsty again!!

Thanks for sharing!!!

Laura

o

Laura - you must have missed out on all those storms yesterday. Of course they came after I had already watered. :)

Very nice, Mike. Maybe I should put mine in the ground until fall.

o

Thanks Laura, moonie.

yes, in a few weeks the TLD should be covered with flowers from top to bottom, definitely seems to like it in the ground. Not bad for a 3 1/2 year old that started as a cutting from a tree that got split in two in Sept 2010. But strangely the growth seems kind of weak, prone to breaking off. But until something new breaks off I'm enjoying the blooms :)

So Laura, did i hear something about you coming out west around the time of JJ's open house?

Mike

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here