Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
barb13_gw

I am not complaining but.....

barb13_gw
9 years ago

I am not complaining but a couple of weeks ago I started potted up all of the cuttings I put in bottles in February which there were about 99 of them. And today when my husband picked up my grandson, he comes over 4 days a week after school. He told me that they brought me a present. I guessed some plumeria cuttings which then my grandson told his grandfather that I would guess in one guess. So I asked how many did they find and he said a couple of branches but when I went outside and looked in the back of his truck there was lots of cuttings. He said that he saw them in the trash and know that I would want them. Some of the cuttings looked dried like they had been in the trash for a while but others looked really good. Three of them had roots and then I potted up 30 of them. Still have lots more to go but I am very tired, so will get to the rest in the next couple of days. I have to get more soil and pots. Oh, and the funny thing is that I have no idea where I am going to put them for now. All of the space I use for ones that are not watered is all taken. Not sure what color they are but I don't think that they were all from the same plant. This is the second time this year that I have got lucky from someone's trash. First time my son found them in a trash on his street. Barb

p.s. And I was so proud of myself for not going to Lowe's to add to my collection.

This post was edited by barb13 on Wed, Jun 4, 14 at 1:07

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!