Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
andrew_scott77

2 thumbs up for Bloomingplumerias!!

Andrew Scott
11 years ago

After seeing pics of Laura's plumerias that she recieved, AND hearing all the positive feedback, I decided to give them a try.....AND I'M GLAD I DID!!!

I bid on and won the 'Apricot'. Not knowing too much about it(does anyone know anything about it's hybridization, meaning is it JL?), I just went with Laura's stamp of approval. I paid $17.45 plus tax, and the best part, it's a 14in tall ROOTED, and BLOOMING tree!!

FOR $34, cannot beat that and the inflo came intact, and in fact it was blooming!! One of the flowers dropped and I actually have it right here beside me while I am typing this out. The scent is heavenly, even though I don't know if I would say that it has a cinnamon scent like described by the seller.

Regardless, I highly recommend them to all my fellow plumeria growers here. Especially any of the newbies that would like a blooming plumeria and not spend an arm and a leg.

Andrew

Comments (10)

• Kimo
    11 years ago

Fuzzy;s plumies are always really nice and healthy and usually pretty big. Really nice guy and great products! Congrats on your plant Andrew

• Andrew Scott
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks James,
    Do you know where 'Apricot' originated? I thought maybe it was a Jim Little plumeria simply because it was being grown and sold in Hawaii.

I have to say it is easily on of my favs(of the plumerias that I have that have bloomed, still have many MANY more that have not bloomed yet), color and fragrance is awesome.

I was really impressed that the 'Apricot' came with a mature inflo, with actual flowers!

Andrew

• Kimberly (6b Indiana)
    11 years ago

I have to agree too. I won a Kimo from them an I am happy with it. Although it doesn't have any inflos (didn't have enough money to win one with an inflo), it already has about 7 leaves. Also I love it's shape too an it arrived really healthy. I also would recommend this seller on ebay as well. ;)

• Kimo
    11 years ago

Andrew,
    Cant remember if Apricot is JL or not as it has been around for a long time. Mostly Hawaiian sellers offered Apricot but now a days seems readily available like from Just Plumeria in Florida.
    The funny thing is before Fuzzy aka Bloomingplumerias was selling on Ebay he actually supplied a well known Hawaiian seller on Oahu who sold his cuttings and plants as her own on Ebay and her website. So Fuzzy's plumies have been around for over a decade sold through this other seller who always got rave reviews for her plumies... Post pics of our flowers Andrew and enjoy your new plumie!

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    11 years ago

Hey Andrew!!

I am really happy with Fuzzy's Trees as well!!

He really has some quality trees and the way he can package them with those inflos and they arrive untouched is simply amazing...

I have quite a few from him and i will say that i am a happy customer!!

APricot is such a beauty...she compare right up there with
    "Lani" But, i will say that Lani is still my all time favorite... Got to love the Cali trees!!! Thanks Bill! : ) Bud too! : )

Hey James!!!! How are your trees?

Hi Kim!!!

Take care everyone!!!

Andrew... Pictures please... I can't wait to see!!

I know you are soooooooooo excited!!! I am happy for you!!!

Cheers!!!

Laura

• Andrew Scott
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hey James,
    Well I guess the Apricot's pedigree with remain a mystery..LOL! Now I don't consider myself a "newbie", but far from being an expert, but I had never heard of Apricot. Hetty Ford told me she had an Australian Apricot but it looked nothing like this Apricot.

I am hoping he will have some Kimi, and Jeannie M...California Sally. I lost my Kimi..I was really upset about it, and CS has been on my list for a year now. Maybe I will find it when I am in FL in a few weeks.

Hi Laura,
    Didn't you get my pics on your phone? I apologize but I still don't have a digital camera. For some reason, I just cannot justify buying a camera. Every time I look, I think of how many plumerias I can buy instead! I know, it's terrible.

And yes, I still have Maverick on my mind...hoping to find one this summer.

Take care everyone!
    Andrew

• Kimo
    11 years ago

Andrew,
    Plumeriainfo.com before it closed use to sell Apricot and another seller Evelyn on Maui. Fuzzy's on Oahu, Evelyn Maui and Plumeria info was based on the big island, so go figure.
    Apricot is a really pretty plumie. As for the Ozzie Apricot it is different.

Well Cheers.

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    11 years ago

Hey ANdrew,

I did see the pics on my cell... They look great!!

Thanks for sending them. You know my "old" eyes.. LOL can't see to well on those little cell phones.. Now, where are my glasses.. : )

Thanks!!

Laura

• Dar Sunset Zone 18
    11 years ago

Hi guys, I have a different story on this seller on Ebay.

I'm sure 'bloomingplumerias' sends out great plants at least 99% of the time, after all, I do have 1 seedling from this seller that has grown into a nice plant. A few years back, they sent me a rootless 'Mele Pa Bowman'. It had to be barerooted (to cover in sphagnum moss for shipment), so whoever did that would had to have seen it was rootless. I essentially paid for a rootless cutting and it was a bit over the starting bid as well. When I emailed the seller, I was refused a replacement and told that it should root in no time.

If I had gotten a different type of plumeria, I'm sure my experience would have been satisfactory, but I bidded on a Singapore-type that are notoriously difficult to root. And ended up with a rootless plant that eventually died. It took several months before it turned to mush. If I could root cuttings easily, I wouldn't have bid on a "rooted plumeria" as advertised in the auction header. Anyways, it was too late for me to open a Paypal dispute by the time it died.

-Dar

• rjcantor
    11 years ago

If you can transfer photos to your computer you can use blogger to get them to the cloud then post the link to the photo here. Someone else will have to give you the link code. Or you can put 1 photo per post with the browse button.

(IOW, I want to see pictures, too! :)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida