Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
surfbreeze

new Thai release

surfbreeze
10 years ago

I have purchased off of ebay the last few years and am very happy with my collection. But this beauty is a little out of my league. Am anxious to see how high it will go. I'm not involved in the bids on this one but am admiring it from afar. Beautiful colors!

Here is a link that might be useful: new Thai release

Comments (21)

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    10 years ago

Yeah that is the only Marble Ice cream for sale in the states right now. Brad is selling it. I believe he may have more available later but for now this one will bring a high price.

check out the Rarest plumeria thread here for more info.

My guess is that our own Kenny will win this auction and bring that prized plant to Oklahoma.

Mike

This post was edited by mksmth on Fri, Jun 28, 13 at 8:15

• Kenny
    10 years ago

Mike,

Unfortunately that wasn't me who's bidding on Marble Ice Cream. This one hasn't grown on me yet. GIve me another few years. Maybe I'll give in to peer pressure and get one by then lol.

Right now I think Fantasia is more desirable than MIC.

Kenny

• No-Clue
    10 years ago

Wow people are crazy! Already bidding so high with so much time left. While I do like MIC it's too rich for my blood. Watching from the sideline cheering on my friend will have to do. ;)

10 years ago

I commend your resistance Kenny. I do agree with you about Fantasia. I like it better.

Lynn

Its way to rich for me too. I think Ill wait until its around the $20 range LOL.

mike

• Kenny
    10 years ago

Mike,

Yes a lot is still unknown about MIC. It could be one of those cold sensitive or black tip prone cultivars...or worse: a tall grower. I'd rather not take any risks lol so it's best if I wait :-)

I have a JL plant that's considered "rare" as I was told only a handful of people in the world who have it. Lol that's rare enough for me!

Kenny

• Kimo
    10 years ago

If we all recall when Fantasia was released last year on Ebay the 1st one price point went sky high, progressively the next couple of Fantasia's went lower and lower till it's now 89.00 on the website. It goes back to what I said earlier about supply and demand, if people would wait a bit, like for the 3rd or 4th Marble Ice Cream to be on Ebay I would bet the price would be much cheaper than what its currently being priced at on Ebay. I bet at this rate MIC will go for 0ver 500, prob close to 600.00 or more.

• Kenny
    10 years ago

James,

Do you happen to remember how much the first Fantasia was going for on eBay?

I agree with your prediction on MIC. Let us all wait and see :)

Kenny

• Pharaoh4
    10 years ago

Maybe I'm dull, but neither MIC or Fantasia do a thing for me. IMO...sometimes less is more. Good luck to those of you that want one!!

• beachplant
    10 years ago

There`s a sucker born everyday!

Tally HO!

• No-Clue
    10 years ago

Pharaoh4 - beauty is in the eye of the beholder so not everyone will like the same thing. So count yourself lucky that you don't find these attractive. I already bought Fantasia, I just can't afford MIC. :(

Mike - I like your price point! $20 sounds perfect to me! LOL

Beachplant - we all love plumies for various reasons. I don't think lusting after a RARE beauty is being a sucker. If you love it and can afford it and it brings you joy then I would say go for it. Just don't sell your kids or your pets to fund your plumies! ;)

Personally I have a weakness for veins and/or purple plumies. I also have a thing for uniqueness and rarity. The harder to find the more I want. Luckily or unluckily (depends on who you ask) I don't have unlimited funds so I can't join the bidding war even if I wanted to. Otherwise I would be all over it.

Good luck to those has the resources to bid!

• Kimo
    10 years ago

There are basically 3 Bidders on Ebay who are neck in neck in bidding and raising the prices. Like I stated before once the first is sold and if there are more MIC released this season on Ebay the price should go down as the hungry ones who are willing to pay and have the resources will have hopefully gotten one, it there are no high rollers the prices will not get that high.
    Again there are 3 high rollers and they are the ones jacking the price up to almost 500.00 right now...gotta love Ebay, just like gambling in Vegas :)

As for First Release Fantasia on Ebay last year in 2012, I do not remember how high it went but I do recall that after the 2nd and 3rd one the prices progressively went down. I think for what ever reason there werent as many high rollers playing/bidding like this year. When it finally went on Brads site for sale after 3 or 4 on Ebay the prices was much more manageable for those that waited and bought from Brad vs Ebay.

Cheers and may the richest....ooops best bidder win....!!!!

• cointx
    10 years ago

I love IMC and I think Fantasia is beautiful. They are both very unique. I also love red plumeria, they are some of my very favorite. However, in no way could I ever afford to play for one of these. Even at 89 their not in my budget.

That being said, I totally get wanting to be the first to own it. More power to you if you want it and can afford to buy it. I only hope the lucky owner will proudly share pictures of their first blooms.

In the meantime, I'm going to sit back and enjoy watching the bidding while looking for some plumeria on clearance. I'm saving my nickels and pennies for Aurora Borealis (right - in my wildest dreams ;)!

GOOD LUCK to the three of you who are bidding!!!!

• Kimo
    10 years ago

Cointx,
    I agree with you. Really people should wait for the next MIC to be sold on Ebay as it probably would be much cheaper....
    Actually this will not be the first MIC in the US, only the first sold. There are friends of Kukiat that have had it for at least a season or 2 and got it for FREEEEEEE as a gift...
    One of my fav quotes is actually by Wendy Williams (How you doin) "If its free, it's for me!!!!" ...LOL

Cheers

This post was edited by freak4plumeria on Fri, Jun 28, 13 at 20:34

• tdogdad
    10 years ago

Well, James, you can count on the quote, "If the cutting belongs to me, it is free for thee." You have always been so generous and I always feel I owe you. Just sorry I don't have a MIC to share. Bill

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    10 years ago

Hi Everyone!!

I personally think they are all beautifull and i would love to see Kukiat's collection!! To his friends that hold on to them because of the "gift" Hats off to them!! They are "true friends.."

I also agree.. if you want one and you really want one and have the resources.. than "go for it" Life is to short!!! Have fun you guys!!! To much for me tho!!! LOL...

Good luck to the bidders and i would also love to see pics!!

Hope some of my friends win!!! ;-)

I guess i'll go and drool some more over at Ebay..AKA Evilbay!! LOL...

Have a great night everyone!!!

Laura

10 years ago

Ok anyone here buy this one? Come on fess up, hahaha

$656.99!!!
    more cash than i would spend.

Hey Brad. Did you waive the shipping fees, LOL

Mike

This post was edited by mksmth on Tue, Jul 9, 13 at 10:44

• No-Clue
    10 years ago

LOL. Mike I was wondering the same! Who got it?? Yeah for that price I would have loved to have it overnight for free. Hahaha.

• disneyhorse
    10 years ago

A couple new ones, are on eBay if you missed the first round of offerings.

• beachplant
    10 years ago

I think spending that much money on anything just because you want to be the first to buy one is just silly and makes you a sucker. Look! It`s rare! Buy now! It`s not the hope diamond, more will grow. Cuttings will be shared and spread around the world.
    Tally HO!

• No-Clue
    10 years ago

Oh-oh, then that makes me big little sucker then! LOL

It's a beautiful plumeria so it's only natural to want to the first to possess such beauty if only for a moment. But alas, I don't have the bank account to support my desire. So those of you who can afford it, all the power to you. Life is too short, and if a little money can bring a little joy in your life then I say go for it! Go big or go home.

Now, let me go buy a lottery ticket for Laura has just tempted me. Sigh...I should confess first before succumbing?

• tdogdad
    10 years ago

looking at that new thai release site, most of the shots look very phony and photoshopped. I would not trust that site.