Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Florida advice: Where to find plumerias?

Posted by shelia--greenthumb 6 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 12, 14 at 8:37

Hello Florida plumeria growers. I will be vacationing in the West Palm Beach area. I would love to see some beautiful plumerias. Please advise where to go and see and smell some. I'm trying to grow them in West Virginia from seeds. I have my first inflo this year after waiting 6 years.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Florida advice: Where to find plumerias?

Its a couple of hours south if you get into traffic (very likely) on the 95 but Florida Colors is in South Dade.

I would google botantical gardens in the WPB area and call them to see if they have any for sale.

o

Congrats on your inflo Shelia, that's so exciting!!! Great job on the seedlings. I don't have any info on where to go in Florida but you may luck out and see some around naturally. K has a good idea about the botanical gardens too. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

o

Naples has a very good collection of plumerias in their botanical gardens.

o

Just got back from my vacation in Florida. I was very
lucky I got to see several different types of plumeria. Kim was right, the local botanical garden had some real beauties.
I was able to see plumerias growing in the neighborhood where I was staying. I was able to smell the wonderful fragrance they have. Some of my plumerias have grown to tall for me to store in my house, so I'm trying to grow cuttings, they have leaves now.
Thanks for the great advice. Had a wonderful vacation
On Singer Island. I loved all of the southern flowers!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here