Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_355114

Happy Birthday, Laura!

A little bird told me today is Laura's birthday. How about joining me in wishing her a day so full of good things she wouldn't mind repeating it every day?

Happy birthday, and many happy returns ......

YPA

Comments (48)

• krismast
    10 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Happy Birthday Laura! Your pictures have been an inspiration to me, being a fellow Mid-Atlantic-er!

Kristopher

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    10 years ago

Yeah. Happy b day laura. hope its a great one!!

Mike

• rox146
    10 years ago

BIG Happy B day Laura and thanks for your help....mahalo nui loa, roxanne

• Robert (zone 7a, Oklahoma)
    10 years ago

Happy birthday, Laura!

I hope your day is showered in plumie blooms! :)

-Robert

• dpolson37
    10 years ago

WE HAVE TO WRITE IN ALL CAPS NOW AS LAURA IS A YEAR OLDER.

I SAID OLDER LAURA, NOT MOLDIER! LOL

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FELLOW VIRGINIAN!

• purdee54
    10 years ago

Happy Birthday Laura!!!!! To a wonderful woman who's kindness and knowledge has made this one of the best plumeria site on the internet!!!! Have a wonderful day!!!!!

• printmaster1 (DFW TX)
    10 years ago

Happy Birthday,Laura!
    29 & holding!!!!

Lonnie

• elucas101
    10 years ago

Happy Birthday to you Laura! You are one special lady and I hope you have a birthday that is just as special!

• plucrazy
    10 years ago

Happy Birthday Laura. For a wonderful person and for making this forum so much brighter. Clara

• Dave in NoVA • N. Virginia • zone 7A
    10 years ago

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAURA!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAURA!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAURA!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAURA!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAURA!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAURA!

Now, are you near- or far-sighted?

This post was edited by dave_in_nova on Tue, Jun 25, 13 at 10:26

• Kenny
    10 years ago

Happy Birthday, Laura! Hope you're having a spectacular growing season filled with many blooms!

Kenny

• citizen_insane
    10 years ago

Happy birthday Laura.

• beachplant
    10 years ago

Happy birthday!!
    Tally Ho!

• maark23 TX/8a
    10 years ago

Happy birthday Laura!!! Hope you have an amazing day!!

Mark

• No-Clue
    10 years ago

Happy Birthday sweetie! I hope you are having a wonderful day!

• Kimo
    10 years ago

Happy Birthday Laura!!! Hope you have a special day planned!

Cheers
    James

• georgecc
    10 years ago

Laura,

Happy Birthday, friend! You've been an inspiration to me since the first time I got on this board - for your knowledge, your enthusiasm, your humor, and your kindness! Thank you for everything, and I hope you really enjoy your day. Birthday greetings!

• chuy415
    10 years ago

Hope your day is filled with happiness and more plumies!! Happy bday Laura! Thank you for your kindness and help and advice!

Chuy

• joanr
    10 years ago

Happy Birthday Laura. I hope it is a wonderful day for you. And I repeat everyone here - THANKS for all your advice, help and guidance. You are truly an inspiration for all of us here and I have learned soooo much from you. So I truly hope you have a wonderful, blessed day.

Joan

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    10 years ago

Happy Birthday, Laura! What pretty gifts did you receive?

James, please cut me a piece of cake. :)

• kayjones
    10 years ago

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Dear Laura!!!

• tdogdad
    10 years ago

Happy Birthday Laura. Take a day off from being nurse to you know who. Hope all is well in VB. Have a great year. Bill

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Minderella
    10 years ago

Happy Birthday! Hope it was very special.

Mindy

This post was edited by Minderella on Tue, Jun 25, 13 at 21:34

• pcput
    10 years ago

I'll add my birthday greeting but what more could be said. I agree with everyone here. Your the best!!!
    How come I'm the last to know???
    Best wishes always
    Peg

• georgecc
    10 years ago

Laura, given that it's your birthday, I wanted to see if one of your beloved Plumie Protectors was there to give you a birthday greeting. Finally found the little guy a few minutes ago, hanging under an Aztec Gold's leaf. So even the critters love you! Happy Birthday from Plumie Protectors everywhere!

• georgecc
    10 years ago

He requested a close-up (he must be one of the Hollywood mantises). Happy BDay!

• kasiec
    10 years ago

Happy Birthday Laura!!

Kasie

• ginger9899
    10 years ago

Hope your birthday has been great Laura!

-Heather

• jandey1
    10 years ago

Hope you have a wonderful birthday WEEK, Laura--you deserve it!!

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    10 years ago

Hello Everyone!!!

Oh... MYYY!!!

I have been so busy today repotting my trees and then having lunch with my daughter , mother and grandson today.. A good friend told me to check the forum and when i did , i couldn't believe my eyes!!!

Al... You are a kind soul to do this, thank you my friend!!! I cant thank you enough for thinking of me.. wonder who the little "bird" was? Hmmm? For all you have done for me and all that you teach me, Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!! I am so glad to call you a good friend!!!

If everyday was like this... being surrounded by people like you guys, life would be wonderful.. I can't think of a better place to share in the joy of my birthday!!!

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!....

Hi Kristopher.. Thank you for the well wishes.. What a gift it is to think my pictures inspire you. That pleases me more than you know.. MY pleasure!!!

Hi Mike!!! You are so nice!! Thank you!!! ;-)

Rox.. You are to kind!! Many thanks as well.. if you ever need anything.. just ask!!

Thank you Robert!!! I appreciate this so much!!!

Hi Dave!!! Thanks for the ALL CAPS!!! I didnt have to get the glasses out for your post!!! Thanks for the use of your cane too! I will return it in a few weeks, i know how you depend on it!! LOL!!! Use the walker for a few days.. it will help!!! ;-)

Hi Manuel,

Thank you so much for all of the kind comments that you always give. You know it is hard for me to accept them, but i do appreciate all that you do. You are a very kind person and i cant thank you enough!! Have a great night!!

Hi Lonnie!! lol.. yes, 29 and holding.. I WISH!! But i feel younger than my actual age tho!! SO i will be happy about that!! Thank you.. you made me grin to see"29". Did someone put you up to that? ;-) J/K Thanks again!!!

Thank you Emily!! I had a wonderful day. You are soooo sweet!! Mahalo!!!

Hi Clara!! Thank you too!! What a nice surprise this post is.. it made my day!!! Thank you for posting!!!

Dave, Dave, DAVE!!! Both of you like trouble!! ;-) I can read those charts just fine.. guess what was so funny? My eye doctor sent me a Happy Birthday text today.. i thought of you two.. Made me laugh out loud!!! I am not sure which one .. i can read all of the lines.. LMAO!! I do have my 2.0 cheater glasses on tho!! Thanks again!! The two dangerous DAVES from northern VA!! BE careful, very careful.... ;-)

Hi Kenny!! Thank you for the birthday wishes!!!

Thank you George!!! Hope you are having good season in TX!!!

Hi Tally HO!!! Thank you !!!

Hi Mark!! Thank you so much!!!

Hey Lynn!! Thank you.. you are the "sweetie" Thank you for all you have done for me!!!

James, James.. Love the "Birthday Cake" I haven't seen one like that before.. How special!! It sparkles just like you do!! Thank you for all that you do for me and then some!!! What a wonderful person you are..

Simi,,, You have always been a super person and i am thrilled to call you friend as well. You have learned so much and built your collection with the quality of an artist..

You know how to arrange, compose and then express to us all that you want to say and share all at once. You have a gift for writing and i can't wait to see what you have put down on paper so far. Riley had a wonderful dad and i cant thank you enough for all that you have shared in the past when i lost Pepper. SO kind...so helpful. Many thanks!!! I love the Protectors...They are awesome, especially the close up of "hollywood" They made me smile.. Mahalo!!!! All of your kind comments are appreciated...

Hi Chuy!! Thank you !! You are more than welcome.. I did just recieve an email from GW, but i never received one at my email... Please send again if you can.. i know others have had issues too! I would love to hear from you!!!
    xo

Joan.. it is you that i have learned from!! YOU are one of those that are an inspiration to all of us. You have made this forum a wonderful place to visit with your kind words and knowledge. Thank you!!!

Hi Mona!!!

Thank you for the kind wishes.. My daughter and mother and grandson took me out to lunch. We had a wonderful time and i loved seeing my grandson learn to wave "HI" What a gift!!! He is 9 months old.. what a gem he is!!!

My gifts? Friends like you all....People who truly care for one another.. I just love to spend time with people who love nature, plants, and to just spend time looking at the gardens .. not even having to talk.. just enjoying the time together.. those are gifts... ;-)

My kids did give me a gift that others might think is strange.. LOL.. But it is useful.. It is a mini chainsaw attached to an extension pole to get to hard to reach places.. Like my palm fronds etc. Bud did use one when he was cutting a few cuttings from his trees for me. I wish my trees were that large, but this will come in handy for the palms. Oh.. i did order a little something from Jim Little..SHhhh!!! MY secret!!! I will have to watch for the FedEx man.. lol.. My Dh made a great dinner and we all enjoyed the family here at our house.. For those that think this "saw" is a hoot.. here is Bud in action.. i will have to call him for instructions!!! ;-)

Bud has always said i could post a pic of him as long as it was a good photo of him!!! ;-) I think it is...

Hi Kay!!! Thank you sweetie!!! How are the little ones doing? Hope you and the family are well!!! ;-)

Hi Bill!! It means so much to hear from you!! Hope you are well. Thank you for the birthday wishes.. Please keep in touch. I have been thinking of you and Sherry!! Hope you guys are enjoying the summer!!! You are the very one who was so helpful to me. I have heard of others who say the same.. So for the ones that don't post, THANK YOU for all you do !! ;-) I had the "patient" in San Fransisco last week and we walked the streets.. not 'Lombard tho.." LOL.. He did really well considering surgery was in January.. I really wanted to go to Key West, but he wanted to see Alcatraz, so he won the arm wrestling contest.. next time, i will win ;-) He was limping after the days of walking, but was a trooper. Motrin was his friend. Hope you are feeling better? Please send an email and let me know how you are?

Powder.. I did tell you i was worried about losing the battle about heading to the Keys.. well.. i lost!! LOL.. We did have fun tho, but no Plumies in San Fran, or so i could find. I did visit the Botanical Gardens in Golden Gate Park. There were beautiful gardens and i especially Loved the Japanese Tea Gardens.. ;-) SO peaceful and beautiful...

Hi MIndy!! Thank you!!! it means so much... how are your trees doing?

Hey Peg!! Sorry.. but was i to say yesterday that it was my Birthday... NO WAY!! Some little bird did say something to AL.. Thanks for lunch!! Always enjoy your company!!!!

xoxo

Thanks again SImi!! Love those Protectors.. especially my Frogs too!!!! They are so cute!!! I Just LOVE them!!!

Kasie.. Thank you so much!!!

Heather.. To you as well... Thank YOU!!! You guys are so nice..

Thank you all again.

Al... Thank you for starting this.. it means so much.. more than anything one could buy. Priceless.. Truly touching.!!!

Thank you EVERYONE!!!

xoxoxox

Laura

This post was edited by loveplants2 on Wed, Jun 26, 13 at 0:47

10 years ago

Jen,

Sweet Jen.. Thank you so much.. i missed you when i was responding. YOU need a special post all to yourself anyway!! What a gift you are!! I am so blessed to have you as a friend as well..

Blaze is doing great and is in his own container. I will post soon!!

thank you so much!!!! TX is lucky to have you!!!

xoxo

Laura

This post was edited by loveplants2 on Wed, Jun 26, 13 at 1:16

• Lnorigb
    10 years ago

Happy Belated Birthday, Laura!!!

• plumygirl
    10 years ago

Another belated Birthday Wish Laura....wishing you a spectacular year and much happiness and fortune!!

• kaktuskris
    10 years ago

Wow, late to the party again! I have to check out this forum more often! A very happy belated birthday wish to you, my friend! Thanks for your kindness, and for sharing your love for Plumeria with Frangipani newbies like me! Your birthday happens to be the same as my father's, and also is the anniversary date of my fiancee and I! All the best!

Christopher

• jandey1
    10 years ago

I just love those pics of you and Bud, Laura. He looks incredible for being in his 90's! And those big trees...incredible!

You're going to get a lot of use out of that chainsaw with your palms being as tall as they are now. I got a new set of hand-pruners for Mothers' Day and was as happy as could be!

• kandhi
    10 years ago

Happy belated birthday wishes, Laura! I am in jasper, Canada on vacation and just noticed this .. No plumeria's here...... Hope you had a wonderful birthday!

10 years ago

Hi Lnorigb,

Thank you for the birthday greeting!! ;-)

Hi Michelle!!! Thank you as well!!! I really appreciate this!!

Everyone has been so kind,, i just don't know what to say...

The Butterfly Gold is coming along nicely!! What beauty!!!! So is Maui Sunset.. Love this one!!

Kristopher!!

LOL.. Great people here on this forum!! I wish i could visit the one you like to stay on, but i just don't fit in.. i feel so comfortble here and i LOVE all of the people.. They are AWESOME!!! As far as getting you hooked? LOL.. We do a great job at that!! I hope you like you new babies.. ok, teenagers... well.. adults!! LOL.. They will do well for you!! enjoy!!!

Hi Jen,

I agree.. i love the pics of Bud working in his trees.. MY DH kept clicking away knowing i would love those pics.. He is one gentleman who i could listen to all night and not yawn once. He is fascinating to talk too and loves to share stories from the past as well as talk about plants, trees, other places to visit.. We had so much fun on our visit. I have a great pic of him and i inside his Californis Sally, but i don't post my mug on the forum. I also have one great pic of Bud, Bill and I and it is framed and hung in my house. Bud said i could post any pic of him as long as it was a good one.. He is so funny, but out of respect to Bill and since i don't like to post my pics, i keep it here in the house. LOL.. Sorry for the backside pics of me.. i wanted to show you Bud's smile when he brought down the cutting.. he was just as happy as i was. When we pulled away from his house, my DH said "what is wrong.." I hadn't realized that he had noticed.. but i teared up at that moment knowing what i had just done.. the experience of being at Buds..meeting Bill and John.. the whole day was so exciting and i was so happy.. DH still couldnt' figure it out.. I was full of "happy tears.."

You and i are quite alike.. im sure you understand!!! ;-)

Hi Khandi!! Thank you soooo much!! I have missed you!!!

So you are up in Banff National park? LOVE that place!! Love Jasper too! Did you take the Icefield Parkway? We climbed the Athabasther (sp?) Glacier on that beautiful trip.

I love ALberta!! Have a wonderful time.. what a perfect time of the year to visit!!!

Take care,

Laura

• irun5k
    10 years ago

Hi Laura, seems I'm late to the game as always but why not pile on a "Happy Belated Birthday!" Hey, it is always nice to extend a special occasion into a several day affair, right?? lol. Always a pleasure to see your posts here, and I owe a lot to you and the rest of the gardenweb community for getting me interested in gardening, tropicals and of course Plumeria. This is not just a place where people post random thoughts, but rather a place to learn and share, and you're obviously a big part of it.

I was slaving away up in your neck of the woods last week, actually. I can confirm that it is just at hot and humid in Virginia Beach as it is in Tampa :) Not quite as wet though...some of my plants are beginning to protest!

take care,
    Brian

10 years ago

Hi Brian!!

I almost missed this until a friend mentioned for me to check this thread!!! You are so nice to give such kind compliments.. Just don't know what to say except Mahalo my friend!!! I have learned from you as well.. we all learn from each other and i agree, this is a great forum!!!

Talk about hot and Humid.. today it felt like a tropical rainforest. I could hardly breath, but im sure the trees are in heaven!!!

Please send me an email next time you are here in VB. it would be wonderful to meet you and for you to come over and see the trees!!!

We always love to share experiences.. Peg lives close to me too!

Take care and thank you again. It means so much.!!

Laura

• starofleviathan
    10 years ago

Agh! Why am I always one of the last people to find this stuff out! SO SORRY Laura! Allow me to join the chorus of love:

I think this one sums it up perfectly:

~ Angharand

10 years ago

Angharand...

You' re one sweet lady!!!

i always appreciate the kindness in your heart. You have a kind soul and i am truly greatful for knowing you...

Thank you soooooooooo much!!!

Mahalo, my friend!!! ;-)

xoxoxo

Laura

• nativec
    10 years ago

Geez I'm an awful plumeria friend :(. I can't even say belated Happy Birthday because I missed it by so much!

Well I think you're special every day! Ha!

XO
    Nicole

• tapla (mid-Michigan, USDA z5b-6a)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here's a cute joke you can play on a friend. I'll use Laura as an example. Her birthday is on the 25th, so I send her a BELATED birthday card, but I send it in time for her to receive it at least 2 days before her birthday. On the outside of the card, I write DO NOT OPEN UNTIL JUN 27color>, 2 days AFTER her birthday. Imagine your reaction .....

Al

• nativec
    10 years ago

LOL good one Al :)

• powderpuff
    10 years ago

I'm late to the party, haven't had much spare time lately. Happy belated birthday to a super sweet lady!

10 years ago

How could I not see this...

Nicole... You are the best!!! I think we are so much a like. LOL!

We love the same things.. You are so much fun!! mahalo my friend! !!

Hi AL!!! That is to funny.. I will have to remember this and do this to my brothers.. They will love it!"" Thanks for the great idea!!! Glad it didn't happen to me!!! Lol. ;-)

Thanks Powder.. Always a pleasure to see you!!! Hope all is well.

Take care everyone!!!

Laura

• plumejunkie
    10 years ago

Happy Birthday Laura, thanks for the karma! ;)

10 years ago

Thank you, PlumeJunkie!!!

So kind...

Laura

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!