Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
spiroan

Buds on inflow falling off

spiroan
11 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I am new to growing plumerias. Last fall, I had a coworker give me about 20 plants. So, this spring has been a learning experience for sure. I had one of them form an inflow almost as soon as it woke up from dormancy. However, it was a really weak one from what I can tell. I got maybe 3 or 4 flowers from it. Several of the buds on it basically turned black and fell off, and a couple of the flowers were in the process of opening and fell off. So, my question is, "Is this something that I am doing wrong, or does this just happen sometimes?" This was clearly the first time this plant has bloomed, as it had no hint of branches until this year, but it seemed like an awfully weak inflow. I've got two other ones now with inflows. One looks like it could be a really good one. The other one looks weak like the first one. So, if I'm doing something wrong, maybe I can fix it before the new inflows bloom.

Oh, and I'm in the north DFW area (Little Elm to be exact), so I would love to hear from other plumeria growers in this area.

Comments (4)