Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is anyone else having browser problems on this forum?

Posted by jandey Tx8 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 16, 12 at 8:59

For some reason, the last few months Garden Web has been seizing my browser up. The page will freeze, or the mouse won't respond, making other tabbed sites load slowly, too. I use Firefox and only have this issue with this website.

Is anyone else experiencing the same problem on here? Any ideas about what's going on, computer-savvy plumeria nuts? Thanks!

Jen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is anyone else having browser problems on this forum?

• Posted by kim319 6A, So Indiana (My Page) on
    Sat, Jun 16, 12 at 9:38

Well a couple weeks ago, when a topic would fully load, I'd get redirected from Garden Web to another site but I'd click the "stop" button before it would load the other site. It hasn't been doing it anymore as of lately now.

o

• Posted by mksmth oklahoma 7a (My Page) on
    Sat, Jun 16, 12 at 9:48

Be sure you are using the latest version of Firefox and add the add on called Adblock plus. Install it using the US definitions and you shouldn't have a problem.
Also you may want to run a spy and adware program.

Hope that helps
Mike.

o

I use internet explorer and have many issues. Mike, any fixes for me?

o

i use firefox and adblock plus, no problems. i think there's an adblock plus for ie also.

also clearing out your cache, history, and cookies once a month might help. general maintenance, such as disk cleanup, and defrag will help. like Mike said, use an antivirus and anti spyware. i use avira and malwarebytes. both are free and don't eat up your resources or slow your computer down like norton, mcafee, and the other big company programs.

o

Thanks, guys! I thought I had the latest version, but maybe not. Do use antivirus, etc, but don't frequently clear my cache so I'll check all that. Very frustrating to lock up when you need your daily plumie fix!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here