Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
funinthesunincl

Katie Moragne

funinthesunincl
11 years ago

Katie Moragne...continues to please the eye! As the season progresses, the colors just intensify!!

She's a Keeper.... ~Mary Jane :)

Comments (16)

• sflgplume
    11 years ago

Your Katie is amazing, Mary Jane! Brava!

• Dave in NoVA • N. Virginia • zone 7A
    11 years ago

I've always wanted this one. What are your temps and humidity like? Are colors always this intense? How about fragrance??

dave

• No-Clue
    11 years ago

She's a beauty! Yes what is the fragrance like? Where I am we don't have such intensity in color so that means the plant has to be highly fragrant or I can't get it. :)

• funinthesunincl
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Dave....here is what the blooms looked like a few weeks back. I know the pictures don't capture the full color/beauty, but I think you can see a difference. I live off the Texas gulf coast, south of Houston, full texas sun, the temps have been in the 90's, and the humidity has been consistently >60%. The colors are so intense, you can spot it in the garden right when you walk in!! ~MJ

• Dave in NoVA • N. Virginia • zone 7A
    11 years ago

MJ,

I have been coveting that one a long time. And now, I see I will have to add it to my 'must have' list. LOL!

The white edges on the undersides really contribute to the charm of this one -- as well as the deep colors.

I think we have enough heat and humidity here in June, July August to bring those colors out as well.

• stormys_mom
    11 years ago

Just beautiful Another one for my wish list!!

Jackie

• nativec
    11 years ago

Oh how lovely!!! I needed a bib to catch the drool...LOL Just added to my wish list!

Thank you for sharing!

Nicole

• funinthesunincl
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I would highly recommend KM....not only a beauty, but a real nice sweet scent. I love all the new plumeria, and there are so many beauties out there, but something is to be said for the oldie but goodies that have stood the test of time!! I see MPG has it listed.....

• nativec
    11 years ago

Oh how I wish you had not told me that MPG has it... LOL I am already past my max this season. Off I go to look.....LOL Poor impulse control :)

• Andrew Scott
    11 years ago

I ordered Katie M from F.C. last year as a replacement for Bill M. Hoping it will bloom this year! These are very nice pics of Katie M. Thanks for sharing!!!
    Andrew

• funinthesunincl
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for the compliments!!! Here's another pic of KM that was taken this morning...

• elucas101
    11 years ago

Oh SO GORGEOUS!!! Yours is even prettier than the MPG website photo!!!

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    11 years ago

She's beautiful, MJ! My Katie M is putting out leaves faster than I had anticipated. So is Kauka Wilder!

• Andrew Scott
    11 years ago

I had to bring back MJ's post here for obvious reasons..mine has it's first inflo on it this year. I still wish it would have bloomed during the summer, but I know if I put it in the basement, the inflo will just drop like all the others that had inflos this summer:(

Anyhow, I cannot wait to see these blooms! Any blooms this time of year, are truly a treat and definetly a most pleasant surprise! I am keeping my fingers crossed that this inflo will be blooming by end of January for my surgery.

Also, should have a blooming Celadine. If anyone knows where I can find some nice large cuttings of Celadine, please let me know. I have had terrible luck with Celadine, and I really love this variety. I know of people that wont grow it because they consider it to be so inferior in comparison to other varieties but to me you cannot beat it's fragrance!

Celadine was the 1st ever plumeria cutting to bloom for me, and I loved it. A friend here sent me some very large cuttings of Celadine. One was over 2ft long with 3 tips but the package must have been mishandled because the 1 tip was broken off. I did root that broken tip, and gave it to a family member. The 2ft piece never survived, so now I only have a 2 tip rooted cutting. I am going to see if Matt still has any of his jumbo Celadine for sale.

Take care everyone, and Happy Holidays!

Andrew

• funinthesunincl
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Can't wait to see Katie Moragne to bloom this year! The AWESOME colors are AMAZING!!!!

• jandey1
    9 years ago

Us, too! Can't wait to see more pics of this beauty!

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County