Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kevphol

My Dream Backyard - Key West Pics

kevphol
11 years ago

Just got back from a trip to Key West last week. Also got to visit Luc and Carol at Florida Colors in Homestead again!

My kids under a beautiful large plumie tree!

Key West Red

Botanical garden plumie

Botanical garden plumie

Botanical garden - Stenopetala from Cuba with amazing fragrance

Awesome multicolor at Mallory Square

Full pic of multicolor (and kids again!)

Florida Colors (umm, kids again)

Florida Colors

Florida Colors

Florida Colors

Florida Colors

Florida Colors

Florida Colors

Comments (10)

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    11 years ago

What a wonderful vacation!!!

It looks like your kids enjoyed themselves too!

Aww.... i can certainly understand the desire to live there!!

The colors and all of the different varieties would make my head spin!!! Loved the pics of Florida COlors. What an operation they have!

Welcome home and thank you for the great pics!!!

Nice to see you again!!

Take care,

Laura

• printmaster1 (DFW TX)
    11 years ago

Kev,

Great pics & looks like a great vacation!!
    I live south of Ft. Worth and work in Grand Prairie.
    We need to get together and talk plummies!!!
    Lonnie

• No-Clue
    11 years ago

wow I had no idea the Plumeria trees can grow that big/tall! What a feast for the eyes! I bet the fragrance must have been amazing with that many trees and flowers.

• joanr
    11 years ago

Those are some great pictures and gorgeous plumerias. We are traveling to Key West in August and I hope we can see some of these trees!!!

What Botanical Garden did you go to. We plan to visit the one in Naples. Is that the one you went to?

Joan

• ProudMamaSD
    11 years ago

Your kids are great sports, lol! Greast photos, it is always fun to know what the places we all order from actually look like!

Wendy

• plumeriafl
    11 years ago

Great pics, thanks for sharing!
    It looks like the plumeria in your first picture is Singapore (obtusa). And the multicolor from Mallory Square looks to be Jeannie Moragne.

• jandey1
    11 years ago

Kev, where ya been? Those are terrific shots! Thanks for taking the time to post them. Your kids are lovely, and good sports.

• pcput
    11 years ago

Beautiful Pics. And look at your girl looking like a native Hawaiian. Your going to have to watch that one, she's a real looker. And your son, once he figures out the girls like these flowers they'll be chasing him around to get them. Nice to share your love of the plumerias with the kids and your great pics with us. Looks like you all had a good time. Peg

• kevphol
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks all for the comments! It was a very enjoyable trip and beautiful tropical lanscaping is all over Key West.

Joan, I have attached a link about various Key West gardens. The one the pics are from is called Joe Allen Garden Center on Higgs Beach, and is the home of the Key West Garden Club. Many other great gardens are in Key West too though.

Kevin

Here is a link that might be useful: Key West Gardens

• beachplant
    11 years ago

The Key West Botanical garden was awesome! No plumeria but natives, palms, a great pond and a ton of iguanas-the removal process is not working. I was the only one there the day I went. Very friendly staff and their catalog for $5 is a reference book you can't beat.

Tally HO!