Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
no_clue

Jungle Jack's Open House July 2012

No-Clue
11 years ago

Anybody planning to go this year? I go to JJ's so often I wonder if this is an event I shouldn't miss??

Also why is everyone having the PSA Sale and we don't?

Comments (15)

• Kimo
    11 years ago

NC,
    John at Jungle Jacks usually has a bunch of new stuff he brings back from Thailand April/May. So basically varieties he may have sold out of and new cultivars are rooted and available at the open house. So basically that is the reason for his annual open house. Sometimes John sales out of stuff during the open house, first come first serve basically. Hope that answered your question.

We have Plumeria Society Sales here usually in April and Sept.
    The So Calif Plumeria Society will have its rooted plant sale Sept which is the same thing as the PSA sale.

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Oh no!! You mean I now MUST go to the Open House AND rooted plant sale in Sept?!

Well are you going??

• Kimo
    11 years ago

NC,
    I am actually now getting ready to pack up my Mac and head for the airport and will be gone during the JJs Open house. Even if I were not on vacation I pretty much am full up and havent been to a JJs open house since 2007. I know John well enough that I talk to him before he goes to Thialand to find out what he is bringing backs and get pics of it then I tell him to let me know when he has the cutting and plant and pre purchase it so I avoid the open house.

I think everyone should attend at least one open house at JJ as you meet a lot of forum members there and its fun to see all the plants organized.
    Cheers

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Ok got it! Well due to my limitations I'm wondering if the Open House might be too much for me to handle... but we shall see.

Have a safe and wonderful trip! :) Thank you for all your help!

• slave2thefur
    11 years ago

John will have some new plants, including a lavender 'Fuji Mist', and 'Mini Red'. I'll be there, if anyone wants to say hi. SoCal's own Bud Guillot will be there at noon, and will sign his plumeria book if you're interested. He's the best!

• plumie888
    11 years ago

Slave2theFur, I am planning on going and want to say "hi" to you. How will I recognize you if we are there at the same time?

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Gosh so tempting... But I cannot buy! I have to move next month and as is I don't know where to put my 30+ plumies!

I have a few people offering to keep them for me... but I'm an emotional wreck thinking about parting with them!

I know if I go I will want to buy since I have zero self control when it comes to Plumeria! I didn't realized I have such an addictive personality until now.

• plumie_girl
    11 years ago

Can anyone tell me which location the Open House is at? Their tweet only says that it is July 7th 9-3 and there is nothing on their website.
    Thanks,
    Jan

• tdogdad
    11 years ago

Previously they were at the oceanside location at 1865 California Street. I assume this one is there too. Anyone know for sure. Bill

• tdogdad
    11 years ago

Bud tells me it is at the Vista Location which is 1145 gopher canyon road and if I remember it is the third on the right after you get on gopher canyon road. I will be coming with Bud at about 1pm so we look forward to seeing some of you. Bill

• plumie_girl
    11 years ago

Thank you Bill for the information. Now it will be a double treat for me. We were planning to make it so I could meet Bud and now that I know you will be there it will be twice as nice! Jan

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Yep... it will be at Vista. Still undecided though.

Wonder how many we see there belong on this board. LOL

• slave2thefur
    11 years ago

It's at the Gopher Canyon location. He'll have cold water and beverages available, plus a welcoming gift. 9-3ish. Can't wait to meet up with everyone - I'll be wearing a big hat and my SCPS badge 'Diana D'.

• jandey1
    11 years ago

Bill, glad to know you're out and on the prowl again, lol. Please give Bud our regards and let him know the addiction he's helped to spread is alive and well even in the hinterlands of central Texas.

I'm very curious about the introduction of the Mini-Red--can you give us the scoop when you see it? Have a great time at the open house, all you lucky folks nearby!

• beachplant
    11 years ago

soooo jealous! Post tons of pics, I'm very curious also about the mini-red.
    Have too much fun everyone.
    Tally HO!