Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jandey1

Sunday Pics

jandey1
10 years ago

Here is a demonstration of Ohcomeonalready:

First, spotting the tiny "crown" that signals an inflo pushing out:

Yeah, that's it on the right, on a tiny 2" tip. That's TLD for you!

Then, the glacial pace of development eventually yields this:

A glorious, fat inflo!

Thankfully, this next stage comes a little quicker:

Now I'm just waiting on this, like last summer:

Someone asked for a pic of the whole Big Yellow Beast, so here she is:

And with some friends, clearly demonstrating the extent of my madness:

And some random pics of how it starts:

Maverick teasing me with her weird first few buds, my VERY first this year (purchased inflos don't count):

Looking promising today:

So far the buds smell spicy sweet, like red amaryllis--wonderful! She's called Maverick because she throws a lot of 6-petaled flowers, but this one has a 6-petaled bud as well as two 4-petaled buds.

Have a great Sunday in the garden, everyone!

Comments (21)

• tdogdad
    10 years ago

Your garden and your babies look great. Have a wonderful day.

• rox146
    10 years ago

Jandey...outstanding...wished I could figure out how to get photos onto my IMAC/PHOTOBUCKET/CAPTION etc. roxanne

• Lnorigb
    10 years ago

So pretty.

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    10 years ago

Looking great Jen. TLD is gonna put on a show for you!!

Mike

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    10 years ago

Hi Jen!!

Two of my favorites!! "Thornton Maverick and ETLD". Can it get better than that? I'm so excited for you... You will love Maverick... :-)

I think your yard looks like a Plumeria Botanical Garden!!! LOVE IT!!!

Please keep us posted with the blooms, mine are on the way... But my ETLD is about two weeks behind yours!!! I can't wait!!!

Take care,

Laura

• LynneNY
    10 years ago

Thoroughly enjoyed your tutorial pictures, as I am a newbie and so excitedly waiting on my first inflo. Great pictures of healthy plants!

• amerique2
    10 years ago

Looks like plumeria heaven! Thanks for showing me what a beginning inflo looks like. I keep watching mine but think what I'm seeing are new leaves. What a beautiful yellow. Can't wait to see more of Maverick and the rest!

• pcput
    10 years ago

Looks like your doing a great job, Jen :)
    Peg

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    10 years ago

Jen - my sweetest dreams are of your TLD. Thanks for posting the pics! It still amazes me that so many of you can go someplace and simple buy such large plants. :)

I bet that Maverick is going to be a beauty! More pics yet?

Peg - have you posted about what you came back from Florida with? :)

• PRO
    the_first_kms2
    10 years ago

Love it. I haven't looked at a developing inflo the same since the "ohcomeonalready"

• elucas101
    10 years ago

Nice pics Jen!!! Love the Big Yellow Beast, she certainly looks quite happy there with all of her friends! Very nice!

• houstontexas123
    10 years ago

looks great

what variety is the big yellow beast?

• sunseeker53
    10 years ago

Wow, your garden looks great, Jen! Congrats on the blooms for Mavarick too! Mine is pushing new leaves but I don't see an inflo yet, still hoping that somehow a tiny one will show up LOL!

• jandey1
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you, everyone! I finally feel like a real plumerian, with my very first "grown" inflos (vs. bought ones, lol) and am now obsessing even more than usual about these plants.

Lynneny, this pic is just for you, a really, really, really new inflo:

Mona, I'll put more pics into a new thread, but I rushed home from work and finally caught the opening of the big Maverick bud at dusk:

Houston, the Big Yellow Beast is Thornton's Lemon Drop, my most voluminous tree.

Sun, I didn't even know you had Maverick--where did you find her?

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    10 years ago

Gorgeous, Jen!

• No-Clue
    10 years ago

A year later I am still drooling over your big showy beast! Just gorgeous!

I love your garden as well. Very nice indeed.

• pcput
    10 years ago

Jen - Your TLD will be gorgeous in no time. Congrats on Maverick, lucky you. I'm still waiting :(

Mona - did post one pic of it's inflo ( 3 tips now) and will post more when I've got blooms.

• printmaster1 (DFW TX)
    10 years ago

Jen,
    Nice pics!!!!
    Lonnie

• jandey1
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Lynn, thank you. Your garden is going to look amazing next spring when everything gets settled in! Then in a couple of years when your plumies all bloom it will really put on a show. Please post more pics when you get them all planted!

Peg, you're like me last summer, still waiting and wondering if I'd ever see blooms. Your plumies will surprise you and go crazy next summer!

Thanks, Lonnie! I must be crazy to be going to search for even more of them next weekend, lol.

• Robert (zone 7a, Oklahoma)
    10 years ago

Jen,

You're getting more plumies! How will your kids have enough room to play in the backyard with all those pots? Laugh.

Love the pics. Keep 'em coming! :)

-Robert

• sunseeker53
    10 years ago

Love to see the inflos and blooms on your plants, Jen! They look so nice and healthy! You're reaping the rewards for your hard work! Your Maverick is awesome! I got mine from Emerson. At some point last year I decided to just reduce my want list (that means, if somebody has the item, go for it and cross it off the list! No more waiting!). Glad to say that my want list is very short now :-)
    Now, if only these darn things would bloom!!!

Sponsored
Franklin County's Preferred Architectural Firm | Best of Houzz Winner