Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tahitian sunset

Posted by kandhi z7VA (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 22, 11 at 12:04

Does anyone have this plumeria? Can you describe its growth habit(conpact,medium,large tree). Are the flowers fragrant and is it worth buying?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tahitian sunset

I purchased a Tahtian Sunset from Florida Colors about four years ago. Its a tall grower....lanky. As a matter of fact I had to prune it this season because it had grown too tall to reach and enjoy the flowers. The fragrance is 'gardenia like' in smell. I was and still am happy with my purchase.

o

tahitian sunset grafted plant that I bought from 'florida colors' seems to have settled but the graft area does not look completly fused.The tape or rubberband that came around the graft fell off. I have attached pics below, is this normal or will it break off near the graft?

o

That's pretty much what all my fresh grafts look like. Just keep any rowdy kids or dogs away from it and it should be fine; the inner layers grow amazingly quickly.

o

Hey Khandi,

If it makes you feel better, then place another rubber band around the area to give it some protectionn and some strenght. This will make u feel better... and make the plant more stable!!!

Good Luc..your lucky to have this beauty!!!

Laura in VB

Havent forgotton!!! : )

still rooting!!!

o

Hi Laura, not a bad idea, I tied a rubberband around it carefully, hope the graft heals faster. how are your plumeria's coming with the spotting issue?

o

Hi Kandhi,

They seemed to have settled down, thankfully!!! I really thing i had an issue with a mold fungus ar some critters but cant seem to spot them.

I thing i did damage from the spray and them with our temps reahing 100 * really hurt thrm..i still see some damaage, but it has to have settled dowm..one tree that i have in the corner, i didnt touch wiith the spray and it looks great!! Live and llearn..lol

I thought i was doing ok to spray at night..but then with this intense heat, i reaaly did it!! Today we had 102*
and the heat index was 112...Brutal heat!!! I had to take all of my cuttings and place them from the direct heat. They were going to fry if i didnt!!!

I just recieved a grafted cutting from Florida colors...so i potted it up and staked it as well.

I would do the same as you and retie a rubber band jsut like they did to make you and the tee feel better.

Just [put ti somewhere out of the way in case it gets knocked over..

good luck eith this beauty!!

Congratulations...

I eneded up finding a Makaha Sunn.. i had it grafted at Florida COlors, they did a great job!! What a great group of people there!!!

Take care everyone...

My Mary Moragne opened today and my J-107will be tomorro or the bext..ill wait to post them together....

Jen, im thinking of you everytime i look at the inflo...its tking its sweet time to open!!

Laura in VB

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here