Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kandhi_gw

Tahitian sunset

kandhi
12 years ago

Does anyone have this plumeria? Can you describe its growth habit(conpact,medium,large tree). Are the flowers fragrant and is it worth buying?

Comments (6)

• purdee54
    12 years ago

I purchased a Tahtian Sunset from Florida Colors about four years ago. Its a tall grower....lanky. As a matter of fact I had to prune it this season because it had grown too tall to reach and enjoy the flowers. The fragrance is 'gardenia like' in smell. I was and still am happy with my purchase.

• kandhi
    Original Author
    12 years ago

tahitian sunset grafted plant that I bought from 'florida colors' seems to have settled but the graft area does not look completly fused.The tape or rubberband that came around the graft fell off. I have attached pics below, is this normal or will it break off near the graft?

• jandey1
    12 years ago

That's pretty much what all my fresh grafts look like. Just keep any rowdy kids or dogs away from it and it should be fine; the inner layers grow amazingly quickly.

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    12 years ago

Hey Khandi,

If it makes you feel better, then place another rubber band around the area to give it some protectionn and some strenght. This will make u feel better... and make the plant more stable!!!

Good Luc..your lucky to have this beauty!!!

Laura in VB

Havent forgotton!!! : )

still rooting!!!

• kandhi
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi Laura, not a bad idea, I tied a rubberband around it carefully, hope the graft heals faster. how are your plumeria's coming with the spotting issue?

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    12 years ago

Hi Kandhi,

They seemed to have settled down, thankfully!!! I really thing i had an issue with a mold fungus ar some critters but cant seem to spot them.

I thing i did damage from the spray and them with our temps reahing 100 * really hurt thrm..i still see some damaage, but it has to have settled dowm..one tree that i have in the corner, i didnt touch wiith the spray and it looks great!! Live and llearn..lol

I thought i was doing ok to spray at night..but then with this intense heat, i reaaly did it!! Today we had 102*
    and the heat index was 112...Brutal heat!!! I had to take all of my cuttings and place them from the direct heat. They were going to fry if i didnt!!!

I just recieved a grafted cutting from Florida colors...so i potted it up and staked it as well.

I would do the same as you and retie a rubber band jsut like they did to make you and the tee feel better.

Just [put ti somewhere out of the way in case it gets knocked over..

good luck eith this beauty!!

Congratulations...

I eneded up finding a Makaha Sunn.. i had it grafted at Florida COlors, they did a great job!! What a great group of people there!!!

Take care everyone...

My Mary Moragne opened today and my J-107will be tomorro or the bext..ill wait to post them together....

Jen, im thinking of you everytime i look at the inflo...its tking its sweet time to open!!

Laura in VB

Sponsored