Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Source for Venezuelan Snowball

Posted by robert1971 7a (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 12, 12 at 12:14

Does anyone know of a source for Venezuelan Snowball? I've looked and looked online but so far haven't found any for sale.
My JJ's Premium White (which turned out to be Ken's White) has a light floral scent and I'm really wanting a white plumeria with a strong scent.
Venezuelan Snowball's strong honeysuckle scent description has gotten me intrigued (plus I think the bloom structure is beautiful).
In the meanwhile I've ordered a Dwarf Deciduous White from Florida Colors. It's supposed to have a strong citrus scent.

Thank you,
Robert

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Source for Venezuelan Snowball

• Posted by mksmth oklahoma 7a (My Page) on
    Tue, Jun 12, 12 at 16:16

Hey robert. Next year my JJ's scentsational might be big enough to take a cutting from so I will try and remember to get you one.

dont know where to find the Snowball

the "White Knight" at Maui Gardens sounds nice, "The scent is similar to a gardenia."

mike

o

Thanks, Mike!

I actually just ordered a rooted cutting of a white Thai NOID from Lola's Gardens on eBay which to my eyes looks like it could be 'Scentsational' (the petals curl up and look a little floppy and the leaves are wide and have distinctive tips).
The seller says it's highly fragrant. :)

My plumeria obession is quickly getting out of hand. Laugh.

Also thank you for the 'White Knight' heads up!

-Robert

o

• Posted by mksmth oklahoma 7a (My Page) on
    Tue, Jun 12, 12 at 16:48

I think both of our obsessions are getting out of hand, Im blaming Kenny, Laura, Jandey, heck pretty much everyone here, hahaha. I went by Southwood again today just to see if maybe they had marked down what is left. Fortunately they havent. They have a blooming Jenny and a Hearts desire calling your name

Mike

o

Laugh. Just what I needed, another enabler! And here I was thinking Kemistry was a bad influence. ;)
Fortunately I have plants on their way to try and hold my interest. Plus my 'Daniel Weeks' ginger (Hedychium) is finally starting to produce flower spikes. Woo hoo!
I know I'll need to divide them soon.
You're welcome to a chunk if you want to try yet another fragrant tropical plant. :)

-Robert

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here