Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
irun5k_gw

June 1st blooms

irun5k
9 years ago

Hi all, it was a little bit of a slow start to the year but once spring got going so did the Plumeria.

Inca Gold, the first time it has re-bloomed since 2011. Not sure why I kept it given that record but now I'm glad I did:

Thumbalina:

Divine, which for me has been exact opposite of what it is supposed to be. Mine is lanky, it blooms OK but rarely branches. Weird.

Miami Rose (suspected.) What a monster. The infos are the size of volleyballs though :)

As Bill always says, you can grow these anywhere that you've got room to part a VW Bug. Well, here is my '69, and the bad news is that I don't think there is enough room anywhere in the yard to park the thing. My only saving grace might be that in a couple years the Miami Rose will have cleared the top of the house :)

Hope everyone is having a nice spring and getting ready for summer!

Comments (9)

• barb13_gw
    9 years ago

Very beautiful. Love the ones that you have blooming. Barb

• rox146
    9 years ago

beautiful...all of them. roxanne

• frogview00
    9 years ago

story on another garden web forum: A woman told her husband she was going to have the driveway dug up to make room for a new garden, as she had used every inch of the yard elsewhere. He said, if she did, he would leave her. She told him, she will miss him . LOL

• gidgetsocal
    9 years ago

Love the beautiful blooms and the clean Bug!! Makes me miss my '69 Squareback! Quite a few plumeria could fit in there! Miami Rose sure is tall. I'll bet you can smell her from the second story window. So pretty!

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    9 years ago

Ww. Those are all great! Im in the same boat. My JJ scentsational is finally blooming after 3 years.

Mike

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    9 years ago

Hi Brian!!!

Gorgeous pictures!!!!

I also love your Beetle.. That was the car that I first learned how to drive a stick shift.. Great memories !

I love all of your blooms and I am Sure that Miami Rose will still be a handful!
    Didn't you cut her back last year or the year before? I remember it being really large then...

Thanks for the great pictures.. Lovely, as always!!!

Laura

• irun5k
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks everyone,

frogview, my wife told me not to dig up any more grass when I explained my plan over the weekend about planting some fruit trees to act as a buffer from the neighbor's house.

Mike I have not grown these JJ Thai cultivars long enough to know but my thought at this point is they behave differently when they are young. My Thumbalina grew two feet before blooming but now it is blooming on a couple of inches growth.

Laura, I learned to drive on a Beetle too- it is funny because they aren't hard to drive, but at the same time I have always thought you could drive anything if you started on a Beetle. You do learn to get in step with the car's character, maybe that is the secret?

I just now got around to cutting part of the Miami Rose back. It has bloomed 3, maybe 4 times on one tip and never branched! Must have been like a 10 foot tip. What a beast is all I can say... must be a relative of bamboo.

• pcput
    9 years ago

Love the blooms! They look great! I feel your pain, my 6+ foot pudica bloomed last year and has 2 tips now. I thought it was suppose to be a bush???
    Peg

• jandey1
    9 years ago

Gorgeous blooms and yard! Wow, I'm surprised at how long it took for your JJs to bloom but you're right: that Inca Gold was worth the wait!

There are great photos on FB of Florida Colors' gardens where there's just a winding strip of grass through the big mulched plumeria beds. Looks like heaven to me, and less to mow, LOL!

Sponsored
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living