Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nativec

A few blooming...

nativec
10 years ago

Hope the season is off to a great start for everyone!

The JG(June Gloom) is here..ugh! I don't know if anyone else in CA is still awaitiing leaves on their trees like I am but its so frustrating!

Two new blooms to share, both are blooming for the first time for me and were additions last year, so they aren't the best. Then again I'll take any bloom I can!

J-105 (splash)

No splash yet...maybe someday. See no leaves! The scent on this one is "flowery". Maybe the scent will change as it matures. My temp at the time was only high 80's with low humidity.

Dazzler

I purchased this one because of the unique twist on the petals. My guess is that it takes high heat to get the "curl" but I love it. The branching inflo is really pretty. This one has a classic plumeria scent to me. Maybe my smeller is broken..LOL

Lastly, the reason that plumeria protection is necessary!

Take care everyone!

Nicole

Comments (16)

• mimalf
    10 years ago

Some beauties you have there! And the doggy too! :)
    I know what you're saying with June gloom, hate it too!

• rox146
    10 years ago

first of my Grove Farm....roxanne

• rox146
    10 years ago

Wave Rage after the morning dew...roxanne

• elucas101
    10 years ago

OMG - the first glimpse of the doggie pic my brain was like, "black bear?!" He's so cute he looks like a bear standing there haha! Does he try to eat them or is he just a big clutz like my dogs?!

Lovely blooms Nicole and I like the J105 even with the low temps, it's very pretty! I was afraid my plumies were never going to get leaves this season!

• rox146
    10 years ago

then there is My Valentine starting to open...roxanne

• rox146
    10 years ago

and Samoan Fluff...roxanne

• rox146
    10 years ago

you can never have enough Celadine...roxanne

• rox146
    10 years ago

and more Celadine after the misty fog...roxanne

• nativec
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you everyone! It looks like I may have a bloom on the JL Supernova by the weekend. Yay!

Emily-Valentino "the Bear" doesn't have good intentions(can you believe he's only 10 months). He wants to take them. Already happened to a few that were waiting to be potted up. I looked up to see him running around the yard with my Butterfly Gold cutting!! Good thing he knows the drop command. The cutting survived.

I'm trying not to add to my collection but its so hard to resist. JJ Fuji Mist called my name. It arrived yesterday and has an inflo!! Yes! Yes! For those who haven't seen it here is the pic from JJ's website.

• DelWH
    10 years ago

Nicole, it doesn't seem to be the heat that causes the twist. Apparently they twist when they feel like it. I rooted one from Matt last fall, grew it under lights all winter. It bloomed indoors and as you can see, it twisted just fine. I have put it outside now and the new blooms look exactly like yours do, with no twist.

• nativec
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Del...

Has your inflo started branching out? I find that to be so beautiful. So even without the twist and the fact that its pink(not my fav color) it has redeemed itself. It appears to be a really vigorous grower. It looks like I'll get 4 new branches this year! What does yours smell like. I'm trying to do a check on my smeller...I think it's off...LOL

• jandey1
    10 years ago

Beautiful, Nicole! Lurv the J105, even without splash!

Rox, you got your photos posted at last! Yay!

My Dazzler is neither twisting nor making long petals. In fact it's kinda staying tulip-shaped. Hm. Definitely not a heat issue; it's hot and humid as you can imagine. Maybe it needs some maturity or less heat? 'Course it could also be a mislabel though most of the PSA sellers are very accurate.

Thanks for the pics, everyone! Always a great time of year to check in here.

• rox146
    10 years ago

Thanks Jandey...I have learned a lot from you....roxanne

• rox146
    10 years ago

Thanks Jandey...I have learned a lot from you....roxanne

• maark23 TX/8a
    10 years ago

Wow! I really like the color on your Grove Farm! They all look so good! :D

Mark

• DelWH
    10 years ago

Yes Nicole, my inflo has started branching. It pretty much has to since it needs room to keep the flowers from opening one on top of another, which mine did when the first blooms started. As far as smell, I'm not good at describing them but it seems to have a perfumey/fruity scent. Pretty strong also.

They are definitely pretty vigorous. I potted mine up last August and it grew under lights for about 8 months in this little water bottle.