Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
njz7

Help! One Blackened new leaf drop on Pink Pansy

njz7
9 years ago

Hello, need some advice, please help me!

A week or two ago after some persistent rainy weather, I saw two very small partially blackened leaves on pink pansy. I removed them and sprayed the plant, soil and pot interior with premixed fungicide, (dayconil, spelling?)

All seemed ok until now, I found a blackened two inch new growth leaf in the
Pot. I removed it, sprayed again and sprinkled some captan on the soil and growth tip out of desperation.

I have had issues with black tip both last year and this year.
Last year I lost plants to black tip, one almost immediately after purchase, (Dwarf Singapore Pink).

This year, I had to cut black tip off three different plumeria plants as it just continued to spread down the trunk; those three plumeria have stabilized and are now just beginning to send new growth tips out.

Pink pansy was OK until a week or two ago, when I found the two tiny blackened leaves; I thought it was under control until I just found a freshly dropped partially blackened two inch leaf. The rest of the plant looks OK.

Any advice, suggestions or comments as to the best way to treat, type of fungicide to use, how to correct or prevent black tip or any other advice, suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Ron

This post was edited by NJZ7 on Sat, Jun 28, 14 at 14:58

Comment (1)