Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
honeybunny2_gw

PSA Plant sale in Corpus Christi

honeybunny2 Fox
11 years ago

Just found out the details regarding the Plumeria Society Annual Plant Sale in Corpus Christi. It will be on July 21, 2012, from 10am to 1:30Pm at the Garden Senior Center, 5325 Greely, Corpus Christi, Tx. Alleen said that their sale is not as large as the one in Clear Lake. I have never been to a PSA Sale before, so I guess I will just find out when I get there. Barbra

Comments (16)

• rjcantor
    11 years ago

Enjoy it! Wear padding, steal a shopping cart and bring it with you. Have a plan what table you'll run to first and the order you'll hit the rest. Chloroform, short and long range precision guided weapons will come in handy as will webs shooting out of your wrists to grab distant objects.

Good luck

• funinthesunincl
    11 years ago

Barbra...I don't know where in Texas you live, but do you know about the PSA Show/Sale in Katy? The PSA Clear Lake Show/Sale a couple of weeks ago was spectacular!!! I live

• honeybunny2 Fox
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I wish I could go to the Houston area, I know that is where the best selection is. I'm just too old to drive that far. I am excited about being able to go to the Corpus Sale. I will take my portable cart, that I used hauling 5 gallon buckets of coffee grounds from Starbucks. Barbra

• honeybunny2 Fox
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Both John Balcar, and Frank Eicholz will have a 2 hour talk about growing plumeria at the Botanical Gardens in Corpus Christi on July 14th. If your in the Corpus Area, you might want to attend. Barbra

• printmaster1 (DFW TX)
    11 years ago

The July 14th PSA sale is in Rosenberg this year.

Not sure what the arena will be like.
    I hope to make the 4-5 hours drive for this sale.
    I missed the June 9th sale.
    Lonnie in DFW

• honeybunny2 Fox
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Well I just checked and the only thing that has information about it is the Corpus Christi Caller Times. It will be from 10am to 2pm. No available plants list, or tables listed on the web. I hope they have something when we get there. Its going to be a madhouse. I am going with my friend Janice. I showed her how to root a cutting she brought from Hawaii, now she's hooked. Her cuttings must be on steriods, it's already blooming. She just called today, said she needed a break from the grandchildren, and will drive down with me. I am going to look for Raspberry Sundae, Wildfire, or Heirloom. Janice just wants a nice easy to grow yellow. K are you still planing on going? Barbra

• honeybunny2 Fox
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I just called the phone number listed in the newpaper, to call for additional infomation. The number had been changed. I called that number, and no answer. I am leaving to go to the coast, have to get these dogs out of the house. Problem is I no not have internet access at the coast, so I will not be able to post what I find out. K, if you are going, call me Friday I will fill you in. I am going to call Frank and John today, after I get to the coast. I have my car packed, pillows, and mapquest directions in my car. I am ready to drive down. K, the PSA sale is easy to get too, just take the Shoreline / Ocean Dr exit off I-37, its close to the water, right before you would cross the big bridge with the Lexinton under it. Barbra

• No-Clue
    11 years ago

Have a great time Barbra! I hope you find everything you're searching for especially Raspberry Sundae!

Be safe! Can't wait to hear all about it! :)

• beachplant
    11 years ago

Have fun & let us know what great ones you score. I need a job I`m off weekends.
    Tally HO!

• PRO
    the_first_kms2
    11 years ago

No Clue;
    Early word is saying Raspberry Sundae is HIGHLY unlikely.
    K.

• No-Clue
    11 years ago

Oh bummer K! Well at least I have the Wildfire. So I am very grateful to Barbra. If you go have a great time!

• honeybunny2 Fox
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Well I just got back home. I called John on Thursday since he is the only one that had a list of available plants. Raspberry Sunday, was not on the list, neither was Heirloom, or Wildfire. There was a Jeannie Moragne. I went to buy it, when I got there it was a grafted plant, for $60. I walked away from it, you can get it for $20 at FC. I did get two noid thai rooted plants that Allene had at the sale. I would have bought them all, but another lady, had the same idea I did. Allene spends as much as $300 for some of her Thai plants. She has an entire Thai plant collection. They had dozens of 5 ft plumeria seedlings for $10 each, problem was they were not blooming. My friend Janice, had the best time talking to all the sellers, since they were not busy, she loved the attention. Janice bought a hugh Aztec Gold for $30, and some of Allenes Thai noid rooted plants. Frank told us that we should be able to ID the Thai plants once they bloom. What a deal! Barbra

• beachplant
    11 years ago

What a deal!
    Tally HO!

• No-Clue
    11 years ago

Sound like a lot of fun! Hopefully your NOID will turn out beautiful like mine from JJs! Glad to see you're home safe and sound.

• honeybunny2 Fox
    Original Author
    11 years ago

No- Clue, its great to be home. I worked 9 hours yesterday, feeding, watering, and trimming my plants. I got a lot done since I do not have a computer down there. There were only 4 sellers at the Corpus sale, 17 at the Rosenberg sale, K said there were alot more sellers at the Clear Lake PSA sale. John said next year they would have alot more newer plants to offer, since their plants were still too young to take cuttings from this year. I still had a blast talking to everyone. Barbra

• Andrew Scott
    11 years ago

Hi Barbra,
    Sounds like you still had a great time! I did respond to your post yesterday but for some reason it isn't here now..wow those Thai noids were a steal! I hope there really nice flowers!!

Andrew

Sponsored
Industry Leading Swimming Pool Builders in Licking County, OH