Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
help

Posted by jatallian none (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 28, 12 at 13:20

what is the orange powder looking stuff on the under side of the leaves and how do i get rid of it thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: help

• Posted by No-Clue So Cal Zone 10 (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 20, 12 at 13:14

Oh oh sounds like rust! Others here will know what to do. But I would isolate that one plant from all the others until then.

o

Yup, rust. It can be hard to control.

You cannot eliminate the rust that has already formed, but you can apply a fungicide to help keep it from spreading.

I am currently using a systemic fungicide that I got from my local garden center that you mix and spray in a pump-up sprayer. I am not sure if it is helping or not but at least it is not hurting. I think granules might possibly work better if you can find such a product. I am not clear on the benefits of spraying a systemic product. One would think most of the uptake would be via the root system and not foliage. I am using the same fungicide on my Singapore Obtusa which seems to flirt with black spot and black tip on occasion.

Also, most recommend removing any already infested leaves... put them in a bag and toss them.

The good thing is that I haven't heard of it killing a plant. However, a bad case can strip all the leaves.

o

it is a fact of life here. It doesn`t effect blooming that I have noticed. Spreads to so many different plants.
Tally HO!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here