Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Stress Related?

Posted by monet_g 6a (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 11, 10 at 13:42

Several weeks ago I received a plant from a reputable dealer (JJs). It's a "California Sunset" in leaf and came potted with some roots. It had an inflo, but it dropped off due to, I think, stress of shipment and new conditions. I noticed a straw colored patch (maybe a bruise from shipment) and investigated the branch by, among other things, squeezing it. It has A BIT of "give' and is not as hard as the rest of the plant or my other plants. Do you think this minimal softness is something to be concerned about or just stress related? I would like to treat it asap if it may be something more. What treatment would be suggested?
Thanks,
Gail

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Stress Related?

I figured it out... just needed an extra bit of water.
Thanks,

o

Bud drop is common after shipping bare-root or newly-rooted. It's disappointing, but nothing to be alarmed about.

o

First thing I do when I have a soft branch is to water it. If it is dehydrated, the branch will firm up fairly quickly. If it is rotting, there is either no change or it gets worse.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here