Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
elucas101

I Got A Kimo Bloom!!!

elucas101
11 years ago

O.M.G....look what I got yesterday!!!!!!!!!! SWOON!!!

{{gwi:1166549}}

{{gwi:1174824}}

{{gwi:1174825}}

Here's a picture of the whole plumie, still rooting / leafing.

{{gwi:1174827}}

Comments (22)

• plucrazy
    11 years ago

I have a bunch of Kimo seedlings. Hope I get something close to those. Beautiful colors.
    Clara

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    11 years ago

Emily...

I just love the intense colors of your Kimo!!

Mmmmmmmmmm, Beautiful!!!

Reminds me of Paradise... : )

Congratulations!! I know you are so happy!!

Laura

• No-Clue
    11 years ago

Oh wow! I love the colors and the shape! How exciting. Another one to add to my wish list.

• Kimberly (6b Indiana)
    11 years ago

Congrats! I can't wait for mine to have an inflo. What's it smell like??

• pcput
    11 years ago

Emily, It's a real beauty !!! Congrats !!! Peg

• Dar Sunset Zone 18
    11 years ago

That color is so soothing! Gorgeous...

• tdogdad
    11 years ago

that is what heat and humidity do. Mine never looked that colorful. Nice flower.

• Tropic_7
    11 years ago

Emily,

Enjoy this Kimo Plumeria! They become very heavy bloomers!
    The hotter the summer the deeper the colors! They also seem to be more resistant to rust common in plumerias.
    Beautiful photos!

Stuart

• sflgplume
    11 years ago

Emily,

I just love those blooms. Enjoy them!

Greg

• rjcantor
    11 years ago

Great! I have 1 on the way. I second the question, what does it smell like? Beautiful photos, by the way!

• elucas101
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks so much for the nice comments everyone!!! I wasn't really expecting it to open but within a day it was fully blooming. The flower is probably 2.5" across - and would you believe I got so excited I forgot to even smell it!!! I will have to smell it and report back - I think I have another bloom waiting to open so I'll smell that one when it first opens up, too.

• stormys_mom
    11 years ago

Nice work Emily She is everything I love. I bought a rooted one from Matt. Waiting for an inflo. I am sooo jealous

Jackie

• Minderella
    11 years ago

I want a Kimo now. I have been looking for this one, I have bid on a couple but always lose to someone else. I guess the easiest way is to just buy it from someone. LOL, no luck with ebay.

• Kimberly (6b Indiana)
    11 years ago

Minderella, the way I won mine on ebay is, I bidded on one that didn't have an inflo because when it does, people bid like crazy for them.

• jandey1
    11 years ago

Nice, Emily! Always so exciting to see them open, especially when rooting.

• elucas101
    Original Author
    11 years ago

And now look at some of the Kimo blooms that have opened and faded - it's like having multiple plants in one!!! I love it!!!
    {{gwi:1166580}}

• nativec
    11 years ago

Congrats! What a beauty! Fabulous colors :)

Nicole

• Dave in NoVA • N. Virginia • zone 7A
    11 years ago

I love my Kimo. It's a good bloomer and is probably a medium grower. The blooms change color depending on the weather temps. The blooms are held up high on the inflos so they show up, and are not buried in the new leaves.

• joanr
    11 years ago

Emily,

That is an absolutely beautiful bloom. Congratulations. Isn't it exciting to go outside and see them bloom. They are like beacons that just draw you to them and you have to just stand there and admire them. And your Kimo is defintely to be admired. Great job!!!

Joan

• beachplant
    11 years ago

I picked up a nice size Kimo last week and now can't wait to see them blooms. I hope mine has such wonderful color!
    Love to hear they like heat and humidity lol!
    Tally HO!

• elucas101
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you so much for the nice comments everyone!

Nicole, the blooms seem to keep changing every time I look at them, but never disappoint!

Dave, I agree, it's given a lot already and I haven't even had it that long! The flowers on this inflo are small but powerful. I'd say no more than 2", is that about what your blooms are? Glad to hear it's a medium grower and I see why everyone loves this variety.

Joanr, it really is like a little beacon! I'm just engrossed in each and every bloom!

beachplant, you won't be disappointed, especially if you get good heat and humidity - it should really help get that range of colors for you!

They do also have a scent, but I'm really bad at describing scents!!! Maybe a little spicy???! I don't know!

• ProudMamaSD
    11 years ago

Kudos, Emily! Perfection.

I can't believe I gave mine to my mother in law!! Loving the photos, beautiful.

Sponsored
Native Plant Scapes
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
Your Friendly Native Plant Landscape Designers in Loudoun County