Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I Got A Kimo Bloom!!!

Posted by elucas101 8 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 18, 12 at 15:40

O.M.G....look what I got yesterday!!!!!!!!!! SWOON!!!

Pictures61812006

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here's a picture of the whole plumie, still rooting / leafing.
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I Got A Kimo Bloom!!!

I have a bunch of Kimo seedlings. Hope I get something close to those. Beautiful colors.
Clara

o

Emily...

I just love the intense colors of your Kimo!!

Mmmmmmmmmm, Beautiful!!!

Reminds me of Paradise... : )

Congratulations!! I know you are so happy!!

Laura

o

Oh wow! I love the colors and the shape! How exciting. Another one to add to my wish list.

o

• Posted by kim319 6A, So Indiana (My Page) on
    Mon, Jun 18, 12 at 16:39

Congrats! I can't wait for mine to have an inflo. What's it smell like??

o

Emily, It's a real beauty !!! Congrats !!! Peg

o

That color is so soothing! Gorgeous...

o

that is what heat and humidity do. Mine never looked that colorful. Nice flower.

o

• Posted by Tropic_7 9 West Bradenton Flo (My Page) on
    Mon, Jun 18, 12 at 21:27

Emily,

Enjoy this Kimo Plumeria! They become very heavy bloomers!
The hotter the summer the deeper the colors! They also seem to be more resistant to rust common in plumerias.
Beautiful photos!

Stuart

o

Emily,

I just love those blooms. Enjoy them!

Greg

o

Great! I have 1 on the way. I second the question, what does it smell like? Beautiful photos, by the way!

o

Thanks so much for the nice comments everyone!!! I wasn't really expecting it to open but within a day it was fully blooming. The flower is probably 2.5" across - and would you believe I got so excited I forgot to even smell it!!! I will have to smell it and report back - I think I have another bloom waiting to open so I'll smell that one when it first opens up, too.

o

Nice work Emily She is everything I love. I bought a rooted one from Matt. Waiting for an inflo. I am sooo jealous

Jackie

o

I want a Kimo now. I have been looking for this one, I have bid on a couple but always lose to someone else. I guess the easiest way is to just buy it from someone. LOL, no luck with ebay.

o

• Posted by kim319 6A, So Indiana (My Page) on
    Tue, Jun 19, 12 at 11:31

Minderella, the way I won mine on ebay is, I bidded on one that didn't have an inflo because when it does, people bid like crazy for them.

o

Nice, Emily! Always so exciting to see them open, especially when rooting.

o

And now look at some of the Kimo blooms that have opened and faded - it's like having multiple plants in one!!! I love it!!!
Photobucket

o

Congrats! What a beauty! Fabulous colors :)

Nicole

o

I love my Kimo. It's a good bloomer and is probably a medium grower. The blooms change color depending on the weather temps. The blooms are held up high on the inflos so they show up, and are not buried in the new leaves.

o

Emily,

That is an absolutely beautiful bloom. Congratulations. Isn't it exciting to go outside and see them bloom. They are like beacons that just draw you to them and you have to just stand there and admire them. And your Kimo is defintely to be admired. Great job!!!

Joan

o

I picked up a nice size Kimo last week and now can't wait to see them blooms. I hope mine has such wonderful color!
Love to hear they like heat and humidity lol!
Tally HO!

o

Thank you so much for the nice comments everyone!

Nicole, the blooms seem to keep changing every time I look at them, but never disappoint!

Dave, I agree, it's given a lot already and I haven't even had it that long! The flowers on this inflo are small but powerful. I'd say no more than 2", is that about what your blooms are? Glad to hear it's a medium grower and I see why everyone loves this variety.

Joanr, it really is like a little beacon! I'm just engrossed in each and every bloom!

beachplant, you won't be disappointed, especially if you get good heat and humidity - it should really help get that range of colors for you!

They do also have a scent, but I'm really bad at describing scents!!! Maybe a little spicy???! I don't know!

o

Kudos, Emily! Perfection.

I can't believe I gave mine to my mother in law!! Loving the photos, beautiful.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here