Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
honeybunny2_gw

Magic! Please read if you want a Raspberry Sundae

honeybunny2 Fox
10 years ago

If you want a Raspberry Sundae, the cost is $45 plus postage. It is a single tip, just about ready to bloom. John Carroll is the seller. He always helps Emerson at the PSA sales. These are his first plants he has 8 to sell. He rooted them and was planning on selling them at the Ft Bend PSA sale, this would be his first time selling his plants. Nancy told me about him, Bless Nancy, she has such a good heart. After I contacted him, he called Nancy, she has agreed to help him, figure postage and mail out the plants. Payment for plant and postage will be paid thru Emersons Paypal. This could not have happened without the help of Nancy. If the people that I was getting a plant for in Ft Bend want to go this route, and get their plant faster, that is ok with me. Just let me know, believe me there are people in Texas that want those plants. You will need to email me to get Johns phone number and email address, so you can contact him and make arrangements. Barbra

Comments (35)

• beachplant
    10 years ago

I`ll just pick mine up at the sale, gives me an excuse to drive off the island.
    Tally Ho!

• No-Clue
    10 years ago

Ohh... so tempting especially the part about "Just about ready to bloom". I'm so wanting one that's ready to bloom and soon! Do you know how big it is? Are all 8 ready to bloom or just the one?

Thank you Barbra!

• honeybunny2 Fox
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Lynn he did all 12 at the same time. I have 4 on hold and the 8 others are all the same size and he said will bloom by next month, so I think they are the same size, if you want to get one from him, that is ok with me. You will have it a month ahead of the other, but it will cost you $5 more, just let me know if you buy it thru him. I made a package deal buying 4 and got a better price. Barbra

• honeybunny2 Fox
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I am already sending Johns information out to folks. You Snooze you Loose. Barbra

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    10 years ago

Hope you got my email Barbra!

• honeybunny2 Fox
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I sent all of Johns information to your email. Barbra

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    10 years ago

It was in my spam folder.

Thanks, Barbra!

• No-Clue
    10 years ago

Barbra,

The email didn't work? It bounced back. :(

• honeybunny2 Fox
    Original Author
    10 years ago

If any of you guys are buying more than one, let me know so I can post that they are all gone. Four people are happy so far. Barbra

• No-Clue
    10 years ago

I'm so happy I should count as two people! LOL

• beachplant
    10 years ago

LOL no clue, that`s funny!
    Tally HO!

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    10 years ago

I'll be happiest once payment is sent! :)

• honeybunny2 Fox
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I checked Johns email address that I sent to everyone was incorrect there are not 3 L's, it 2 L's and a 1, sorry,. I checked this morning at the header, and it is ll1, not lll. Sorry, but it did look like 3 L's. Barbra

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    10 years ago

Barbra, I mailed you before checking here so disregard. :)

• No-Clue
    10 years ago

Cool thank you! I called him and he confirmed that it was indeed a 1 at the end. He's trying to figure out his PP situation so will email us later.

• honeybunny2 Fox
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I am so happy for all of you. Lynn the plant I was holding for you will now be going to Corpus Christi, you have made an older couple very happy. Barbra

• No-Clue
    10 years ago

Oh I'm so glad Barbra! I'm hoping John will get his PP situation corrected so we can send payment. When I get my plant in my arms I will be jumping for joy.

Of course no one understand why a plant can make me this giddy. Only you guys can. :)

• honeybunny2 Fox
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Lynn, Nancy is helping him do this, he doesn't know how to mail plants. He needs to go to the post office get the boxes then Nancy will help him figure the cost. He will only charge you the actual postage, so please just be patient. He works nights, he will get in touch with you when Nancy has the postage figured. Barbra

• No-Clue
    10 years ago

Got it. I will sit on my hands. LOL.

John is such a nice man... he kept calling me "Ma'am" which made me giggled. I am really loving you folks from TX! So sweet and so polite and totally different from OC. :(

• honeybunny2 Fox
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I am leaving to go to the coast in a few minutes, so if anyone emails me I will not be able to read it until Sunday, I think there are 3 plants left, out of 12. Barbra

• beachplant
    10 years ago

You should get a commission Barb!

Once I read an article in RN magazine about calling patients names like honey or dear and how we shouldn`t do that. Well, let me tell you, in Texas NOT calling people dear, honey, sugah, sweetie, or whatever is considered rude lol
    Tally HO!

• No-Clue
    10 years ago

Come to OC if you want to see rude. Don't get me wrong I love the weather here and all the fun things to do, but the kind of people who live here are totally different from what I am accustomed to growing up.

I just have to shake my head when I hear parents giving a boob job as a high school graduation gift. It's no wonder when we took our kids back home to WI for DH's reunion they had a ball! Everyone was so warm, welcoming and so down to earth! They will turn down Hawaii to go back to WI any day.

As for Barbra yes she should charge a finder's fee and we will all happily pay! Thank you Barbra. You make a lot of people happy! I hope you have a great time at the coast. Can't wait to hear what else is blooming!

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    10 years ago

Hi Barbra!!

You sure are a "sweetie!!!" LOL.. i am one to call people all sorts of things.. mostly, nice things!! ;-) We here in the south, usually are the ones to say "sir" and "ma'am" We were taught this at a very early age to show respect to our elders as well as others..,, I find myself saying this to people while working and some find it offensive up north. They think it is rude to call someone ma'am because it makes them feel old. Once i explain that im from the south and we do this as a gesture of warmth.. they are alright with it. My kids extend their hand to meet someone, they open the door for a lady.. it is just the southern way..

I also can see the difference in people in NY, In all cities actually.. i can find the goodness in all places, some have this shell around them and once you can break the shell, you can find the warm kind hearted ways in people..

Lynn.. i understand about the way they dish out $ to the kids.. i feel the same as you about doing this to the kids.. I believe one has to "earn" to appreciate what they have.. These people seem to do this because they feel guilty...

I also like to visit WI. I drove a huge Combine ( Case.. and John Deere) and had the farmers smiling as i sprayed Nitrogen on the fields.. they couldn't believe we found this fun!! My kids love visiting places like that too!

As far as the people in OC, Costa Mesa.. i have met some wonderful people there as well. Good hearted people who will do anything for you...These are great friends and i am so thankful to have met such wonderful people!!!

We can find rude in any place...in any city, North or South. East and West Coast. We just have to weed out those people.. ;)

We here on this forum understand what it means to find goodness and love to help everyone. That is why people who love flowers, plants are such kind , wonderful souls..

Thank you to all of you here.. You guys and gals are simply the best!! Ok.. ill stop. I just wanted to share what i think of you guys!! ;-)

Thank you Barbra for taking your time to help others find what they are looking for!! We also like to give hugs and kisses here in Virginia!! xoxox to YOU!!! lol..

Take care,

Laura

• heartsmart66
    9 years ago

I would love to get a Raspberry Sundae. I'm in Louisiana and would like to have one sent to me if possible. Thanks.

• Andrew Scott
    9 years ago

Hello heartsmart66.
    You may want to check out Florida Colors. They have a website, just google them. It would be a grafted tree, but they are very reasonable.

Good luck and let us know if you were able to get one or not.

Andrew

• texasplum
    9 years ago

anybody have a pic of the flower? I think I saw a few at Emersons but didn't know much about it. Thanks

Shane

• Kimo
    9 years ago

Shane,
    I know that Florida Colors have them and had some pics, may want to check there for pics. Tex also posted that he will be selling plants at the PSA Plant sale in case you cant find RS locally.

Here is a link that might be useful: Raspberry Sundae Pic

• texasplum
    9 years ago

Thank you for the link sir! Shes a beauty!

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    9 years ago

Yes, she's a beauty!

Mine has an inflo now and has thrown one bloom ahead of the rest. Now I just wait patiently.

Another thank you to barbra!

This post was edited by moonie_57 on Tue, May 27, 14 at 9:04

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    9 years ago

hello !!!

I bought mine from Florida colors a few weeks ago!!

It was grafted and it looks great. I have been wanting one for a while.

Ordered a Aurelia and a Musk Rainbow from him as well..

Here is a pic after I potted them up!!!

Thank you Barbra for trying last year for the Raspberry Sundae. I think he was just to busy.. Very nice gentleman tho... ;-)

Have a great season, everyone!!!

Laura

• gidgetsocal
    9 years ago

Aurelia.....ooooooooh, my!!! Congratulations! :-)

• rox146
    9 years ago

Wow Laura, you and I seem to have the same wish list.....roxanne

• gidgetsocal
    9 years ago

Roxanne, if you are looking for Musk Rainbow, I got one from Matt at Island Plumeria two summers ago. It was a single tip, but it bloomed last summer to give two tips, and I think I see it crowning today. Fast grower! Either that, or it's the Foliage Pro (thanks, Laura)! ;-)

• Kimo
    9 years ago

Gidgetsocal,
    I think its your Foliage Pro, as I have had my Musk Rainbow since 2006, and its grown but I would def not consider it a fast growers at all..lol. I use to spray my plumies with SNG, double strength 2x a week, would get tons of inflos and crazy growth from it. The plants would grow so fast that the branches were too soft and would droop/sag. I now only use 12 mon time released Nutricote and sometimes Miracle grow liquid hose end fertilizer. Personally I prefer my plants a bit slow growing as they do not take up as much space, plus since I do not live close to my patch the 45min plus drive is a bit much to feed my plumies couple times a week.
    So I agree with you that it is most likely your foliage pro.

Congrats though on the amazing growth. George Brown/Musk Rainbow is one of my top favs.

Cheers

• gidgetsocal
    9 years ago

Thanks, freak4plumeria! George Brown/Musk Rainbow is a favorite of mine, too. Beautiful color and the lovely scent of coconuts!

Smiles :-)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!