Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rox146

my garden to share

rox146
10 years ago

first walk thru the gate...lots from the first years of a habit forming...roxanne

Comments (32)

• rox146
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Next, the tiny deck crammed with lots of potted plumies...sorry, I only found out how to do 1 at a time...roxanne

• rox146
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Under the deck on each side of ramp is loaded...these are mostly ones I have had for 3 years or more...roxanne

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    10 years ago

That is a very interesting way to get a picture. I like it!!

Mike

• elucas101
    10 years ago

Wow Rox, your gardens are awesome!!! What a beautiful oasis you have there!

• rox146
    Original Author
    10 years ago

This season's new cuttings all with the raw egg and taking off on the hot deck. Foil has saved them this year...roxanne

• rox146
    Original Author
    10 years ago

new JJ additions thanks to Lowes and an order from him in April...roxanne

• rox146
    Original Author
    10 years ago

If you look closely...you can see on the left where thieves rip off limbs on the street side. So, the crummy ones are out front. Sad but true. roxanne

• rox146
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Even the smallest plumerias are planted in the court yard garden and now I fear I will have "volkswagons" . roxanne

• nativec
    10 years ago

Spectacular!

• rox146
    Original Author
    10 years ago

thanks...I am just learning how to post, only 1 at a time, but may do it each day to get the hang of it. this is over the deck edge toward the water...faces east..roxanne

• rox146
    Original Author
    10 years ago

This is the other side of the ramp...the big Bottle Brush tree makes too much shade and constantly drops stuff onto the down below ones. Need to learn how to put these on the roofs, but too much cold wind. roxanne

• rox146
    Original Author
    10 years ago

and a heliconia...roxanne

• No-Clue
    10 years ago

Beautiful! I love your garden!!

How many plumerias do you have now? And is it hard to water/fertilize them?

• Lnorigb
    10 years ago

Goodness! Love it.

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    10 years ago

Hi Rox!!!

I knew you could do it!!! ;-)

Great looking pics...

Love your whole setup.. Quite lovely!!!

Please post more... I sent you an email about multiple postings, maybe this will help a bit more?

Glad it's working... Now you are on your way!!!

Mahalo!!

Laura

• mimalf
    10 years ago

Oh, I looove it so much! Not only because of the plumerias, but also the entire layout and everything else you have there.

Thank you so much for sharing!

• spiroan
    10 years ago

Thanks for posting the pics of your garden. Enjoyed looking at them this morning! That pink bloom is really pretty.

• frogview00
    10 years ago

wait!.......wait!.......What is "raw egg"???????

Fabulous photos!

Jim

• rox146
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I am trying to put all the ones on the deck on wheels..my back gives out easy. Jim, google "raw egg rooting method"....this is how I have been rooting for 3 years now w/o loosing an info....works for me...roxanne

• joanr
    10 years ago

Rox,

Love, love, love all your blue potted plumerias. What an oasis you have created there. Makes you want to just sit back and enjoy the scenery. Your plumerias look very happy where they are. Thanks for sharing with us.

Joan

• rox146
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Joan, you can tell I like cobalt....roxanne

• rox146
    Original Author
    10 years ago

sorry about same photo...meant to grab this one...still shows the aim for all on wheels and more cobalt in the yard....roxanne

• rox146
    Original Author
    10 years ago

One can never have enough mermaids about. This fushia is one of the hardiest and easiest to make cuttings from...just stick them in the ground in Jan.-Feb. The trailing lobelia is the one that self seeds the easiest. roxanne

• jandey1
    10 years ago

Gorgeous, Rox! Your house is fabulous, and you've done a wonderful job of creating a whimsical garden. Love the cobalt pots, too.

• rox146
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Muchos Mahalos Jandey...now, if I can just get the post multiple photo thing... my tudor is coming back in a week... :-)

I love being in the garden and since retiring in '08...we down sized and I went from 250 roses to these on a very small lot....oh well, I can always dig out and give to a neighbor if something is not performing well for me...aloha, roxanne

• beachplant
    10 years ago

I love all the blues. Totally agree on the mermaids. We have them everywhere. Somewhere I saw a pic of mermaids made from old Barbie dolls, they were hanging in a garden. Got a free bag of old Barbies last week and am contemplating the next move to turning them to garden mermaids.
    Tally HO!

• rox146
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Love the creativity...roxanne

• dthrooop
    10 years ago

Very nice, Roxanne! Thank you so much for sharing. You've done a great job with the design too. That's a lot of cobalt but it's balanced nicely with the tile and other hues of blue sprinkled throughout.

So sorry about the thieves! If we're seeing Plumeria at CostCo now, maybe it will get to a point where everyone will have one and no one will have to steal. Some day, some day...

Cheers!
    Dan

• honeybunny2 Fox
    10 years ago

Tally, your a hoot. Roxanne,, your home and yard are amazing. Looks like you live in Hawaii, or Cosa Rica. Barbra

• rox146
    Original Author
    10 years ago

We love Hawaii....get islanditis after 10 days though. We live in Ventura...most things I like will grow here.

Thanks for the kind words on photos/yard....more coming... roxanne

• rox146
    Original Author
    10 years ago

My hibiscus are starting to go off. The commons are so much easier to take care of than the hybrids. Some sat the hibiscus is the host plant for white fly, I use Bayer Tree and Shrubb and no worries. roxanne

• rox146
    Original Author
    10 years ago

ever notice the plumeria on the sand dollar? roxanne