Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
andrew_scott77

Abnormal temps and it's effects on my plumeria.

Andrew Scott
11 years ago

This year in general has been so strange as far as the weather goes. Spring came early here in western NY, and we were breaking record high temps in May! April was still unusually warm, and this past week has been pretty unusally hot.

We never see temps that are this hot. Today we almost hit 90 with 80% humidity.

I have not been feeling so hot, and with that being said, I haven't been outside tending to all my plants, and yes, even my plumerias.

Yesterday I checked 2 of my plumeria that I got from Jungle Jacks, and the bark actually almost felt "spongy". It concerned me to say the least, so I moved them indoors in a dark cool room just for the night.

Today there back to normal...WHEW..I was VERY CONCERNED(to say the least.)but they seem to have turned around.

Next Friday night I will be heading for the airport, I don't have anyone to really tend to them. I don't really want to ask anyone. Last time, I had people that actually over watered and killed several plants.

My plumeria will be fine for 10 days but I wonder if I should move them. I have some that sit on concrete but these plumeria are pushing inflos now. I really think that the added heat has helped most of them, but I wanted to ask some of you here who typically deal with these high temps every year.

Thanks!

Andrew

Comments (2)