Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: updates, june 2012

They look wonderful

o

Hi Pat,
I am pretty confident I can ID your last noid you have pictured. Looks exactly like my Dwarf Singapore Pink.

This was the 1st rooted plumeria I ever bought. I want to say it was 3 years ago. Very nice, compact tree. Mine has grown a ton and I counted 9 mature tips with more on the way!! Flowers are sweetly fragrant and what I love, is that I can put it under my 600 watt HPS over the winter, and enjoy blooms again!

Love the Papaya Nectar! Don't be too dissapointed with the flower color and fragrance. First flowers from a rooted cutting are usually not indicative of what you will see on a more mature tree.

Andrew

o

Hi Pat!!

So nice to see you again!!

Your trees look wonderful!!!

Love the Noid.... very healthy and lots of inflos too! YES!!

Hope all is well..

Take care,

Laura

o

hi all,

thanks for the id Andrew, i did a quick online search for dwarf singapore pink, and it sure looks like it. i got the cutting from my aunt, who got it from a friend. it is fragrant and very compact growing.

i'm pretty happy with the 'papaya nectar' i waited 2.5 years to see the first blooms. i do hope it gets a stronger fragrance and a little more color once they mature.

o

Great looking blooms.
What do you have wrapped around your plants?

Lonnie

o

Second Andrew's comment. That's a DSP. Its a fantastic plant to have. Very nice plants.

Is Papaya Nectar known for pushing six petal flowers?

o

Lonnie, toilet paper rolls. i've seen some of the other members do it to keep the trunks from getting sun burned.

kms2, i have no idea about this particular cultivar, i've tried searching online, but can't find anything on it. i bought a cutting about 2.5years ago on ebay from someone in Florida.

o

Good idea for here in Texas!
No shortage of sun!

le in DFW

o

another update,
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

seems like the 6 petal bloom was an anomaly. all the rest are 5 petals, but they have a darker pinkish color, and a slightly more noticable sweet fragrance. :)

o

Very nice. I'm going to try the egg method next time!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here