Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rjcantor

Brad's Buds - best roots!

rjcantor
11 years ago

I just got a package From Brad's B&B. These Plumies had a 9" wide root ball! Got Bali Whirl, Singapore, Pink Pansy, Vera Cruz Rose, Mele Pa Bowman & Magnum Opus. An Addict is born!

Best root balls I've seen.

Comments (10)

• Robert (zone 7a, Oklahoma)
    11 years ago

Awesome! I should be getting my 'Phet Pachara' from them next week. Good news to know.
    That will be my 7th tree. Looks like you're gonna be worse off than me with your addiction. ;)

-Robert

• No-Clue
    11 years ago

Rcantor.. ok who is Brad's B&B. I just lost one potential seller (Upland Nursery). I have decided to not go with them due to all their plants being Grafted, Pricey AND bad service! Their 2 gallons are $99... where as JJ's 5 gallons are half that price.

Anyway, I want another source to buy from... so I'm glad you had a good experience w/ Brad's! Thanks for sharing! :)

• Dar Sunset Zone 18
    11 years ago

Holy Moly! Six plumerias in one go.

I just ordered some seeds from Brad earlier today, got some dwarf Singapore seeds and Pupukea Crepe. Why the dwarf? Because I'm running out of space. ;)

• AZPlumieDude
    11 years ago

I got about 40 seeds from Brad's about 3 weeks ago and 35 of them are already about 2 inches high.

• Tropic_7
    11 years ago

Here's one of my all time favorites from Brads Bud's & Blooms. As you all know it's very difficult to root the deep reds and I purchased this one grafted. Brad did such a beautiful job with the graft and today the tree is much taller than I. I've continued to purchase from him and understand his passion for providing unique and quality cuttings and rooted plumeria. I'm always pleased with my purchases! Stuart

• rjcantor
    Original Author
    11 years ago

So Stuart, you're not going to tell us what that is? Not that it would look as good up here, of course, but it helps in admiration :)

No Clue,

Here is a link that might be useful: BBB or Brad's Buds (& Blooms)

• rjcantor
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Uh-oh, I'd better clarify - I see I've gotten people's expectations up. They didn't *all* have 9" root balls. 3 had 8-9 1/2" and the rest were between 7-8". And that's with the roots spread end to end in the soil so each root was about 4" long. But there were LOTS of roots. Over a dozen in every case. Some over 2 dozen. I should have taken photos but I didn't think of it. Every other rooted cutting I got had 1 or a few root stubs and that was it. These were monstrous root balls in comparison.

• Tropic_7
    11 years ago

My Goodness! Long day at work and getting old...er!
    The above photos are Daeng Sayem- Thai Red-- a Classic! This Thai imported beauty is one of the prettiest red plumerias I have ever seen. It produces gorgeous, deep red flowers with golden sprinkles in the center of the petals. The blooms appear in very large inflorescences. It also has a nice, yet unusual sweet scent that smells exactly like those rootbeer barrel candies we ate as kids! This is a slower grower, making it excellent for container culture.
    Thank you for bring this to my attention! Stuart

• No-Clue
    11 years ago

Thank you Rcantor!

Stuart you are killing me. Can't you see my Wish List is already too long? I shall not add another... BUT I don't have any red. Until I saw yours I didn't think I like red! Well well... where does one get this plant now? Sigh...

• jandey1
    11 years ago

Darn it, that IS a nice red! Of course, Brad's is all out of it now--good for me--but he'll undoubtedly have more later.

My experience with BBB is that they will list that a plant is "young", i.e., probably rooted this year, or "established", which is very helpful when you want to know exactly what you're getting. I email to ask more questions about tips and growth habit and find them helpful in supplying that info, too. Glad you're happy with your purchases, rcantor.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!