Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
no_clue

My little Raspberry Sundae :)

No-Clue
10 years ago

Introducing the newest member of the family. My cute little Raspberry Sundae arrived yesterday. Too cute for words.

{{gwi:1176030}}Poor thing was being shipped during the heat wave.

{{gwi:1176031}}She got a little inflo!

{{gwi:1176032}}Very small root ball since some snapped off during transit. But hoping she will rebound quickly.

{{gwi:1176033}}After soaking her for a few hours she perked right up. Photo of her from last night.

{{gwi:1176035}}Here she is this AM.

Comments (12)

• Kimo
    10 years ago

Lynn,
    YUM YUM, looks good enough to eat!!! :)
    Am I mistaken, but aren't you the one who posted about cutting back on your plumie numbers in your collection..lol
    Hmmmm... are you the Lindsay Lohan of plumies, need 12 step..lol
    You know I am just kidding..... It's gorgeous!! Where did you get it from?

Thanks for sharing.

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    10 years ago

LOL James. Shoot! Caught with my hand in the cookie jar! ;)

But, I will cut back as soon as I got the few I really want. I got this one from John in TX. Barbra found him remember?

RS is as pretty in person as she is in photos. She's going to be one of my all time favorite. I just know it.

• cointx
    10 years ago

No-Clue I have a question. You "soaked" her for a few hours. Is that literally what you did? You soaked her in water? If so how long will you wait/did you wait to pot her? Does it matter how much of the stem gets wet?

I appreciate any and all information. I'm a newbie still trying to learn.

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Cointx,

Yep, I soaked her in 1 gal of water mixed with 1/4 tsp of Vit B1 and a few drops of Superthrive. Then I took DD to K1 Speed for a good race then dinner before I came back to pot her up. I would say 5 hours. Usually I don't soak that long maybe 2 hours but that day I was out and it was hot so I figured what the heck.

Clearly she liked it because she perked right up and she still holding her blooms today despite the crazy heat/temps yesterday. I will have to pull my baby into the shade after 1pm today since it will reach 90s again! Hope that helps.

• honeybunny2 Fox
    10 years ago

Lynn, what a beautiful bloom. The roots will grow back in no time, use a little superthrive. I can't wait to get mine. Barbra

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    10 years ago

No thanks to you Barbra!! I am so in love with her. She's doing really well too even in the heat. I'm very happy I got my little RS! Now I can see why you want to get two.

Please post pics when you get yours!

• honeybunny2 Fox
    10 years ago

Lynn, I can't wait to get my new bigger RS. I have already planted the one that K and Jen got for me at the Clearlake PSA sale . I don't think I will see any blooms on it for a few years. I wonder how John got blooms so early on his plants? The RS I got from Barbara is about the same height, but no hint of a bloom. Is there some secret to get them to bloom? Barbra

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I wish I know the secret! I'm waiting like forever and a half for any of my plumeria to bloom. And I don't have many with inflos either... maybe 14 plants total at this point. I hope the others will decide to bloom later. Some are quite tall and still nothing! :(

• honeybunny2 Fox
    10 years ago

Lynn, I bought 14 grafted plants from Florida Colors in 1211, they all have inflos, some for the 1st time. I finally got to see Plumeria Don, and Kimi Moragne, bloom this week. The 3 plants I bought in 1210 are blooming non stop. In 1212 I bought 7 plants from Fl Colors and the only one that is blooming is California Sally, and boy is it a show off. The Dazzler that Jen got me for Christmas, is a bloomer, the color is almost like Raspberry Sunday, but the shape of the bloom is something to see. I just repotted it in one of my 5 gallon flared pots, it's now in the Island bed, so everyone can see it. Thank you, Jen Barbra

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Barbra,

I have yet to purchase from FC. I really should look and get something from them. Sound like you got some beauties! Thanks for sharing that.

• jandey1
    10 years ago

Barbra, my pleasure! I'm tickled that Dazzler is doing well for you! You deserve that and much more for always being such a class act and sharing so generously with everyone around you! I'm so happy to know you.

You're right about CA Sally, she is such a show-off with big round inflos and intense color. Mine is veiny like Raspberry Sundae, too, so I wonder if RS is a seedling of CS?

Lynn, your RS is too cute! It really is a special flower. Glad you're happy with it.

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    10 years ago

Lynn - your RS is beautiful! Love those flowers! I'm so glad to see you happy and that you've decided not to get rid of so many of your plumies.

Mine arrived Saturday. I was ecstatic and it seemed like the work day would never end so that I could get home and see it. DH signed for it and unpackaged. I was kinda jealous that he got to do it! :)

Unlike yours, mine does not have an inflo and if there is one hiding down there under the little leaves, I can't see it. But, that's ok, I have a little bit of patience. :)

Barbra - again, Thank You! Without your help, I would not now have my Raspberry Sundae, and I love her so much! :)