Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
no_clue

Have I lost it??

No-Clue
11 years ago

So my new Plumeria obsession is only 2 months old and already I have bought 23 plants and 8 cuttings! Even though I have no idea what I am doing, I have yet to kill a plant! And so far it looks like 6 out of the 8 cuttings are showing some leaves so that's a good sign right?

After two trips to Jungle Jack's my collection is as followed. Ok so I cheated and wanted instant gratification and bought only 5 and 7g plants. Almost all are blooming.

1. Elsie

2. Whirlwind

3. Premium White (no idea what that is)

4. Thumbalina

5. Divine

6. Inca Gold

7. Christina

8. CA Sunset

9. Rhonda

1. Vienna Rose
  2. J105
  3. Aztec Gold
  4. Scentsational
  5. Tipsy

Others:

1. Lurline
  2. Kaneohe Sunrise
  3. Kaneohe Sunburst
  4. Dean Conklin
  5. NOID
  6. Celadine
  7. Celadine
  8. Charlotte Ebert
  9. Waimea

Cuttings that are rooting

1. Love
  2. Zee
  3. Janada
  4. Guillot Sunset

And a few others that I don't remember the names.

My FAVORITE so far are J105, Scentsational, Rhonda, Charlotte Ebert, Inca Gold, Aztec Gold and Tipsy. Scentsational is AMAZING!! The flowers and fragrance is to die for. But J105 is STUNNING to look at! Charlotte Ebert scent is hypnotic.

Right now I want E.T. Lemondrop, Morange 93 and Metallica but I better study up on Al's Gritty Mix first so I don't mess up trying to root that Metallica! :)

Comments (6)

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    11 years ago

Great collection! Look on the trunk of the premium white. FW means fragrant white which is usually scentsational. KW means Kens white.

Mike

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Mike! I want more though... LOL.

Ok I just checked the trunk and it said "PW"... no idea what that means but when I compared the leaves of the NOID to my Scentsational they are not the same. So for now it's a mystery. No inflos on that yet either... but the plant is impressively large... so maybe I'll get luck and an inflo will form soon.

• Andrew Scott
    11 years ago

Hello No Clue,
    I LOVE VIENNA ROSE!!! I have a small 1 gal and am tempted to call Jungle Jacks after I get back from Florida to see if they have any in the 5 gal..I also have many of the same on your plumeria list but living in NY I couldn't justify the shipping costs of these larger plumerias.

Andrew

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    11 years ago

Andrew. When and where are you going. Im leaving for Tampa tommorow

Mike

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Andrew I love Vienna Rose too. The flowers are simply stunning. It was NOT on my wish list but once I saw it, I had to take it home! I came there thinking I will pick up Scentsational and Purple Jack... I came home w/ 6 plants instead! J105 surprised me as well so that had to come home w/ me also. This is getting out of control.

• Andrew Scott
    11 years ago

Hi Mike,
    Heading to the same area but hopefully will be traveling to Miami also...wont be leaving till the 29th..enjoy your vacation!

Andrew

Sponsored