Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
no_clue

Where can I get E.T. Lemondrop rooted Plant??

No-Clue
11 years ago

After seeing the photos recently I MUST have this! Any idea where I can get my hands on a plant? Cuttings would be my last option for I prefer instant gratification!

Thank you!

Comments (7)

• mystwitch
    11 years ago

Contact Florida Colors Nursery you should be able to have one shipped to you! www.floridacolors.com

• jandey1
    11 years ago

No-Clue, if for some reason FC is out of Lemon Drop--and just double-check to be sure it's Thornton's Lemon Drop--email me and I'll give you some other names of sellers of rooted TLD.

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you Mystwitch!

Jandey... FC has the GRAFTED plant 15-20 inches for $20. But I want the one someone posted the other day! I want big plant w/ inflos. :) But I'm begining to think that unless I find a local person who has this it would be pretty hard to ship a 5 or 7gal plant!

I'm in So Cal... so I'll give Upland Nursery a call. I bought Charlotte Ebert from them but that's also grafted and was very pricey! I squat down to check the trunks and under side of all the leaves daily to make sure they are healthy and I personally find the grafted portion to be an eye sore. How do I email you for more sellers? Thank you!!

• daogirl - SoCal Zone 9
    11 years ago

I asked Upland Nursery about an ET Lemon Drop last summer, and they had just sold their last one, so it is something that they carry (don't know if it was a grafted plant). They did tell me at the time, though, that it's an expensive plant (I think the smallish one that they had just sold went for well over $100).

I ended up getting the grafted one from FC for $20 -- no inflos yet, but it's really healthy.

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Daogirl...I see that you are in So Cal too! Where do you buy all you plumies?

I spoke to Marlee and you are correct their grafted plants are $99! I asked when they are having a sale and she said not sure yet since most of their plants have not bloomed yet.

Is your Lemon Drop from FC E.T Lemon Drop? Carol said she thinks it is. I guess for $20 if I can't find a fully established one I will consider it.

• daogirl - SoCal Zone 9
    11 years ago

Yes, my lemon drop is a E.T. Lemon Drop (it's labeled that way, at least). It is definitely a young plant, whereas I think you'd get a bigger/more mature plant from Upland Nursery (for more $$!!). In a weird way it's good to hear that their plants aren't really blooming yet ... since neither are mine!

I live in the Inland Empire -- I have bought several plumeria from Upland during their big sale in July/August, some from Armstrong Nursery, and one or two from Home Depot/Lowes. I just bought a Dwarf Singapore Pink from Mt. Fuji Nursery in Upland (the city) a few days ago. I'm going to be heading down to San Diego to surf soon, so I'm hoping to make a pit-stop at Jungle Jack's on one of those days (never been there before)!

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Daogirl,

Marlee is estimating that they are 2 weeks behind... so she said by the end of June her plants will start blooming. IF Marlee's E.T. Lemon Drop for $99 was not GRAFTED I would get it in a heartbeat. But for now I'm still trying to get one not grafted first. I might have to change my mind if I can't find one!

As far as visiting JJ's, the first time I was there I actually started laughing out loud. I couldn't believe my eyes! Sooo many plumies to pick from. I hope you have more discipline than I... or you're going to be in real big trouble! I have yet to leave that place w/ less than 6 plants at a time! :)