Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I have a bug problem.

Posted by amandcr Oklahoma (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 8, 10 at 19:41

I bought a grafted Cooktown Sunset Plumeria that I potted and I have sitting outside in my front garden. It has recently come down with something that's becoming a problem for more of my plants. It gets plenty of sun and lots of wind. It even managed to make it through golf ball sized hail relatively unharmed (It put a hole in one of the leaves). Some of it's leaves are growing strangely (might be leaf stress?). I first noticed white spots on the leaves and thought it was bird poop. Turns out it was sap from the leaves that had dried because when I gently rub it off it starts to bleed again. One of the new leaves has started to speckle yellow. Webs are visible on the leaves and claws so I thought it might be spider mites. I haven't seen any signs of bugs except some white (almost clear) ones that jump around the soil. I was thinking now that it could also be thrips. I thought I saw an orange one that could have been a thrips. There are some black spots on the leaves. I also have some plumeria seedlings that have the sap and black spots on the leaves and some of my Adenium seedlings have lost leaves. I've seen some spiders lurking around my plants so there must be some kind of bug. I've sprayed them down with the hose and treated them with Organocide. Is there anything else I should do? Am I treating this the correct way? I would appreciate any advise or comments. I don't want it to die!

Here are some pics to help:
Yellowing new leaf
Photobucket
Webs on claws
Photobucket
Back of leaf
Photobucket
Something chewed at the main vein of a leaf
Photobucket
White specs on the bark
Photobucket
Black specs on leaf
Photobucket
Whole plant
Photobucket
Poor Adenium
Photobucket
Treatment
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here