Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Plumeria

Posted by canelita-2 10 (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 13, 14 at 19:45

I need help!!! Someone gave me a plumeria cutting the year before last... Had one inflow that year ... Last year did not have any ... This year it has several inflows but the very first flower that opened had 3 brown spots on petals, one spot on each petal, it never quite opened and today I found it on the ground .. I have it in a large pot, water it after is test the soil to make sure it is about 2" dry at the top ... This is my very first experience with plumerias... I live in California ... The weather has been fairly nice ... What am I doing wrong???? :-(

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Plumeria

This is how it looked when it was attached to the inflow...

o
RE: Plumeria

congrats on getting a bloom! your flower looks like it got burnt, bumped, or damaged by a pest, the flowers are delicate when about to unfurl so this one may have been bumped, or damaged in another way...wait for the other flowers to open up on the inflo and post pics of them...they look a few days away but should be without the brown spots.

also, waiting til dry to water is good practice..keep it up!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here