Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tdogdad

Two blooms

tdogdad
14 years ago

Here are My Valentine and Kimi Moragne opening.

Comments (22)

• nativec
    14 years ago

So lovely!!!

• plumcr8zy
    14 years ago

Bill,
    Beautiful!! Is the "My Valentine" related to the Pink Pansy? The petals are similar.
    Looking forward to seeing more,
    Rick

• bri_fl
    14 years ago

So pretty. I like the Kimi, the petals look very free form. Not perfectly shaped like the Valentine. thank you for sharing. And I agree that it looks similar to the pink pansy.

• Nikki
    14 years ago

Hi Bill, you've got some really lovely blooms....How does My Valentine smell? And the Kimi Moragne, is she the grainy Moragne? I Like all the Moragnes but I remember seeing the really beautiful grainy one....

P.S. It was great meeting you....How are your plants doing?

Nikki T.

• nativec
    14 years ago

tdogdad-Is the My Valentine the Aussie one? I have seen several pic's of it, just wanted to check. I love the petal type. Off topic but since you always give great input I'm going to ask anyway. I asked a question on a separate post about where to find Joey Rosselli's cuttings. Just wondering if you know. I purchased the Princess Victoria but I ran across another that I am losing my mind over. Maybe you have some suggestions? BTW-Some time ago you said you have already added 11 new plumies to your large collection. I'm restarting but I must say I may need professional help soon. I've added 27..oh my! All this before Jungle Jack's open house. I look forward to you posting more of your blooms this season!

-Nicole

• tdogdad
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Rick- The My Valentine is much larger than pink pansey. Both of these are at least an inch larger than pink pansey, and MV can get to 4". I do not know if they are related as they have a similar look. PP came from Jim Little and I think the MV came out of Thailand but I could be wrong.
    Nikki- I also enjoyed chatting plumies with you. My plants are looking great and the new Thais are adjusting to the outside. So far they look good. The Kimi is not the grainy as far as I know. It smells great with a sweet smell. It starts with a streaky white and pink but later goes to a mass of pink. Here is a past picture:

I guess I would say I never met a Moragne i didn't like. I have 12 varieties and 36 seedlings from the Moragnes.

• tdogdad
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Nicole- We are sick. I added six more of Jungle Jacks Thai plants which makes 18 new for 09. About Joey, he sometimes came on this forum in the past. I think he used to sell at Stokes but they stopped all plumerias. I only have the PV. If I hear anything on Joey, I will let you know. Bill

• dewaine_2008
    14 years ago

Beautiful pictures Bill. My Valentine is one of my favorites.

Dewaine

• kbauman
    14 years ago

Hi Bill.
    beautiful Kimi Morange..so pretty, looks like a good one. ..love the valentine too. Plants are coming sooooo.. Hope someday for Kathie and Morange 93 to grow someday too..

Karen B

• lovefrangis
    14 years ago

I believe you can contact Joey through the PA (Plumeria Addiction) forum. I know he has a section with his plants for sale (when they are) there.

• Kimo
    14 years ago

Bill,
    Great pics, so envious you have blooms already.

• nativec
    14 years ago

Bill, congrats on your 18...LOL I appreciate you keeping an ear out. Thank you for the information on Joey, Lovefrangis. So far little success but I'm persistent enough!

The flower I'm losing mind my over is in this older link. Some pictures Joey posted, Princess Adriana Ciara. I just love it!

Here is a link that might be useful: Princess Adriana Ciara

• lovefrangis
    14 years ago

Nicole, check your email. I sent you an email address for Joey.

• nativec
    14 years ago

Thank you Lovefrangis!

• nativec
    14 years ago

Bill speaking of weakness...as of today I've added 3 more in the past 24 hours. Lovefrangis was kind enough to pass on an email for Joey. Can you believe he had a left over of the exact one I wanted! So there is a possibility that I'll be adding just one more. LOL Oh, wait I forgot the open house at Jungle Jack's. So maybe just a few more :o) Then I'm stopping, really.

-Nicole

• tdogdad
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Nicole- how much land will you need for a hundred of these:

• Nikki
    14 years ago

Nicole, now you've got me wanting the Princess Claudia and Adriana!! Congrats on your new additions...As for My Valentine and Kimi, they have been on my list for awhile...my list is getting longer by the minute??
    I know you'll have a blast at John's open house, its like you're in a plumies paradise... :)
    Bill whats that tree in front of your house, looks great!!

• tdogdad
    Original Author
    14 years ago

It is my "psycho white" or white with red stripe on back (aka Gardina, Gardenia (not), Trumpet Gardenia (not)) It has a great smell (spicy) and is the longest bloomer I have often starting in May and still having a few dozen flowers in February. Ok for leis but not as good as Celadine. I am bottle rooting a four foot, twenty+ branch cutting. If it takes you can have it. E-mail me if you are interested but you will have to pick it up as it is a small bush already. Bill

• Nikki
    14 years ago

Lol, 4ft w/ 20+ tips, thats an instant tree!! Bill, Thanks for your generous offer.... So do you water root all your cuttings? I've about given up on rooting my cuttings, they are all shriveled even with me misting them twice a day and watering around the edges of the pots...Bill, please give this newbie some tips on how to water root,plz pretty plz...thnx..

Nikki

• tdogdad
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I do not usually water root, Nikki, I soak for a day or two and then dip in rooting compound and put into a cut off water bottle with the top cut off and holes in the bottom and filled with my soil mix. When roots show, I transfer to a pot. Last year I waited until the end of the season to transplant. While rooting I put 5 bottles in one five gallon black pot to hold them upright and keep them warm. So far this works well. Cutting he bottles open is a bit of a challenge and removing the soil but I split both sides the recycle the bottle.

• Nikki
    14 years ago

Bill, looks like you have a lot of success w/ bottle rooting, I failed miserably I used the 64 oz Gatorade bottles with the top half cut off and I drilled holes in the bottom, maybe the gatorade bottles are too thick and no air circulation....hmm maybe thats it!!! But anyway I have stopped using the bottles, now back to the 1 gallon pots. Those are really big fat cuttings you have there...Thanks for the rooting tips Bill, I'll try rooting w/ the water bottle now.

Nikki

• nativec
    14 years ago

Bill, Love that tree in the pic!! I have the space(well so far) its my winter temperatures that mess everything up for me. But...I have a plan!