Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
trunorth7

Another JJ order...

TruNorth7
11 years ago

As some of you know, the California Sunset I got from Jungle Jack's 3 weeks ago is doing poorly. I think the roots broke off during shipping. I emailed John and am going to get a replacement, which got me thinking... maybe I should add another plant or two since I'm going to be paying for shipping anyhow ;)

I'm debating between Firestorm, Gina, Sangria, and Salsa. I only have one red ("Cancun Dreams" according to the HD tag) and think I should balance out the preponderance of pinks and whites with a kick of color...

Anyone have experience with Delightful? Is the scent worth me adding yet another pink/white?

I promised Sweetheart that I would be getting NO MORE PLUMERIA this year. but Fed Ex will be bringing a box anyways. Maybe he won't notice?

And, I made that promise under duress because I was angry with the CA Sunset... ;)

Thanks all!

Rachel

Comments (9)

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    11 years ago

I have delightful. It smells nice not overly strong but you don't have to stick your nose in deep either. I got seeds from it this year and most have germinated so I've got about 12 more plumeria virtually overnight

Mike

• TruNorth7
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Mike!
    It sure would be fun to have one that sets seed... What's the growth habit like on Delightful? How reliably does it bloom and branch?

btw: How's your Jenny doing? Did the wrinkles go away?

Rachel

11 years ago

Well I got it last year as a single tip with an inflo and It only grew 1 branch. It has probably doubled in overall size though. The leaves are a deep green unlike some of the other JJ's that I have. Not sure if that's a trait or just how its being fed. No inflo yet either :( Ill get a pic of it tommorow.

Jenny is not doing too good but not any worse. I did remove the inflo to hopefully help with the root growth. The hardest part is knowing when I should water especially since I do know there aren't many roots if any at all.

Mike

11 years ago

Rachel

Here is a pic of my Delightful.

I really like the leaves and how compact they are. I just hope it blooms this year.

Mike

• plumygirl
    11 years ago

Personally I would go with Firestorm and/or Gina

• elucas101
    11 years ago

Gina...(SWOON)!!!

• jandey1
    11 years ago

GINA! GINA! GINA! She's a stunner! Or so I've heard...

• Andrew Scott
    11 years ago

I bought Gina last year. I cannot remember now if she was rooted or not but she looks good. I don't know if I can expect blooms this year or not but if it blooms, I will post pics of it.

I also will have 'Delightfull' here sometime in July. A friend is holding a 2 tip rooted cutting of it for me.

Andrew

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    11 years ago

Rachel,

GINA! and Delightful!!!

Go ahead... There is enough room in the box for few more.. If you open the box snd you only have one, you will kick yourself.. LOL Get both!! : )

Laura