11 years ago

Noclue, You did it !! Looking good. Peg

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    11 years ago

Beautiful!! Love all of them.

Mike

• Dar Sunset Zone 18
    11 years ago

Gorgeous flowers. How nice that most of them are in bloom.Enjoyed the pics... :O

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    11 years ago

Hi No Clue,

What a nice collection you have!!

Beautiful pictures...

Great job!!!

I know you are so proud!!!

Congratulations!!

Laura

• ProudMamaSD
    11 years ago

Wow, what a pleasure to view. They all look so happy!! Great score on the NOID, such a beauty.

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I am a proud mama! Can you tell?

Ok so far I have:

1. Celadine (two)
    2. Charlotte Ebert
    3. JJ Christina
    4. JJ Tipsy
    5. JJ CA Sunset
    6. JJ Divine
    7. JJ Thumbalina
    8. JJ Whirlwind
    9. JJ Inca Gold

1. JJ Elsie
    2. JJ Rhonda
    3. JJ Vienna Rose
    4. J105
    5. JJ Scentsational
    6. JJ Premium White
    7. JJ NOID
    8. Aztect Gold
    9. Lurline
    10. Waimea
    11. Kaneohe Sunburst
    12. Kaneohe Sunrise
    13. Dean Conklin

What I just bought this weekend

1. Kimo
    2. Bill Moragne
    3. Donald Angus
    4. Makaha Sunn
    5. JL Pink Pansy
    6. Daisy Wilcox

I think my next ones will be JL Metallica, Viola G, Vera Cruz Rose

I am still hunting for ET Lemon Drop, Jeannie Moragne, Magnum Opus, Teresa Wilder, Apricot, JJ Gina, and a red. I need a red!

So is that a good list for a Newbie?

• rjcantor
    11 years ago

Beautiful photos, thanks for letting us see them. How was the fragrance of Inca, Divine and Lurline?

• stormys_mom
    11 years ago

Wow very nice. Especially love the family photo.

Jackie

• Dave in NoVA • N. Virginia • zone 7A
    11 years ago

Just love all those close-ups! Great photo taking!

Now tell us where you live again?

• sflgplume
    11 years ago

Congrats on your beautiful blooms! They're gorgeous.

• jandey1
    11 years ago

Great job with the photos! Love them! Nice collection you have going there, too. How wonderful that most are in bloom--aah, the advantages of being in a major growing center.

Funny, I have almost the exact same number of rooted plants but we only overlap on three: Kimo, Makaha Sunn and J105. I did see a lot of 5-gallon Ginas at JJ's, so that shouldn't be a problem to find. There are lots of Texas growers who have ET Lemon Drop, so email me if you want names and numbers.

• funinthesunincl
    11 years ago

I wish you could see the HUGE ET's Lemon Drop that Emerson & Nancy Willis (Nan & the Plumeria Man...) had in their front yard!!!! Largest ET Lemon Drop I have ever seen here in Texas!!!! And it blooms profusely!!!!

P.S. Can I make a suggestion and you put your 'Gardening Zone' on your Profile? It helps ALOT when someone is trying to respond---I realize there may be privacy issues by some, but at least a zone would help!!!

Nice plumie pics!! ~Mary Jane

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Dave - I'm in So Cal.

Jandey, send me contacts for the ET Lemon Drop.

Fun- I don't know what zone So Cal is. And I don't know how to put it so you can see it?

I learned to post pictures this week... maybe next week I can learn to add Zone! :)

• funinthesunincl
    11 years ago

Just enter your zip code and you will have it! :)

Here is a link that might be useful: National Gardening Association

• funinthesunincl
    11 years ago

After determining your Garden Zone, follow the steps below to change it on your Profile:
    1. Click on your (My Page) link on one of your GW posts above.
    2. Click on Member Pages link (posted in white) on the bottom of your page. (On the green Village GardenWeb strip on the bottom...)
    3. Click on 'Edit Your Membership Details'
    4. Insert your Garden Zone # w/an abbreviation of your state or locale.

Good Luck---it is very easy!!!!!

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Ok thank you Fun. Let me add that.

• jandey1
    11 years ago

No Clue, I can't send you anything as your page doesn't have an email address on it, either.

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Ok I fixed it! Thank you Jandey!

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    11 years ago

What I posted above as Vienna Rose is actually Charlotte Ebert!

Here is the real Vienna Rose. Sorry for the mix up.

{{gwi:1177571}}

{{gwi:1177572}}

Charlotte Ebert

{{gwi:1177573}}

Another shot of my JJ's NOID

{{gwi:1177574}}

Rhonda

{{gwi:1177575}}

Aztec Gold

• Minderella
    11 years ago

I really like all of your bloom pics but Vienna Rose is beautiful

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I do too Minderella! It's very soft and very beautiful. Different from all my other plumies. :)

• nativec
    11 years ago

What fabulous pictures! I love them all!

Thank you for sharing them :)

Nicole

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    11 years ago

Your JJ NOID looks a lot like CA Sunset to me.

Mike

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Mike,

I have CA Sunset (has been blooming since mid April) and they are more yellow to orange... but never pinkish. I emailed the photos to Jon and he could not ID it either. Either which way it's definitely one of my all time favorite! The size of the flowers, the beautiful colors and the fragrance all unbelievable! I love it!

Here is what my CA Sunset look like... very different from the NOID.

{{gwi:1177576}}

• Kimo
    11 years ago

NC,
    Your JJ's Noid looks like Tiger from Thailand. Sonia aka Lolas mom was selling one like that as a NOID and Lopaka ID the flower. Here is a pic of Lopaks Tiger that he took and that was grown in So Fl.

Also posting link to Sonias thread and pics of her Tiger

Here is a link that might be useful: Tiger Plumeria

• jandey1
    11 years ago

Shoot, that was the JJ's noid I was hoping to see when I went down there! Yes, Freak, that's what I thought I'd seen it called: Tiger.

NC, did you say you got it for the fragrance?

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Jandey,

I sure did... when I was there 2 weeks ago... they weren't in full bloom yet... but pretty close. Each time I walked by I asked Jon what is that one? He just shook his head and said no idea. I had Cherokee Geisha picked out but the scent from this NOID was so exotic and heady that I was completely captivated. I HAD to take it home and left Geisha behind. Sooo glad I did. They have been blooming well, fragrance is wonderfully sweet, and absolutely beautiful to me!

Hey Freak what are you doing here... aren't you on vacation somewhere?? Addicted much? LOL. But I think you are right!! It has to be Tiger! Thank you my friend! Hope you are enjoying your time off. :)

• Kimo
    11 years ago

NC..
    I am on vacation in Barcelona right now and its 6 15pm, and YES I am an addict..lol Actually with jet leg and the fact I jacked up my lower back up when claiming my luggage I am on GW during my down time. Right now I am waiting for room service for my dinner and laying down to give my back a rest and posting..lol If I hadnt posted you would still be waiting for an ID on your Tiger... There is also a Tiger 2 plumie
    Cheers

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Oh no Freak I hope your back will recover soon! Room service in Barcelona sounds perfect!

And thank you for ID ing my NOID! You rock! :)

11 years ago

Hi No Clue,

LOVE your beautiful blooms...especially love the Noid from JJ's.. quite stunning!! You have a great collection so far!!! Just remember VW's !!! LOL...

James,

Im sorry to hear that you hurt your back...hope it starts to feel better soon. Love Barcelona!! Especially the Costa Brava Area up north.. Ahhh, I bet the temps are just about perfect now?

The pic of your Tiger is just beautiful...

Take care and don't work to hard!!

Relax and feel better!!

Take Care!!

Laura

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    11 years ago

LOL... Laura you are getting to know me well. Ok I must keep VW's in mind when I go back to JJ's this Saturday. I will only search for Viola and a Red flower one since I don't have any red. So unless he has new cultivars that I cannot leave behind... I only hope to come home with TWO this time. Let's see how disciplined I am.

Any idea where I can find Lani?? I don't have any rainbow one either. What's the fragrance on that one? Ever since I saw it I can't stop thinking about it. Same with Jandey's ET Lemon Drop. I must have those as well.

Laura... are all you plants from cuttings? They look very manageable (as in not too huge). I think I have 5-10 years before mine grow out of control and I'm out of space. :)

• Kimo
    11 years ago

NC..
    Tiger is one of my fav's and one that I do not have as the last 2 times I went to JJ's they did not have it. So congrats on it!! Let me know if you want to sell it..lol.

Laura,
    Hope your well. The weather is perfect here. Back is actually worse so basically in bed and pumping Advil and going to try to find an acupuncturist ((hope they speak English..lol). I am hoping that by Tuesday Ill be well so I can make it to Ibiza.
    Thanks again.

Cheers

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Good luck Freak... I hope you feel better soon! Do you want me to try to see if I can find another Tiger? I am going to JJ's again this weekend. I'll let you know if I find it. Now that I know what I'm looking for. Take good care! TTYL

11 years ago

Hi No Clue,

Lani is one beautiful tree and is hard to find...

My Lani came from a cutting and it is about 2 1/2 feet tall with two tips. It is one beauty..

All of my trees that are in my pics that are in the back area of my fence around the hottub are about 8 feet tall. You also have to remember they have not fully leafed out for the summer and will grow about another 7 inches or so..

LOL.. my trees have really grown and most were from cuttings from good friends. I did buy some from a lady in Southern California that were barerooted and were nice size ..maybe 2 feet when i received them. Most are from cuttings...That is why we get so excited when we wait for two years to finally see inflos. It is wonderful to buy from Ebay and have a barerooted tree arrive with an instant inflo... I have bought several this year.. : ) More than i usually do, but i will say that when you take a cutting and root it yourself, watch it grow into a mature tree and in several years when you finally spot the image of something that might be an inflo... The excitement that one feels is so gratifying. We can all get instant inflos, but when you grow them yourself and take them under you wings...there isnt a better feeling of being so proud to know that " I did that!!"

These trees are so much fun and im so glad to see how excited everyone is...truly is a great feeling !!!

I was just talking to a friend about what i am going to do with my big trees again come winter.. some of the main stems are so huge that i have to remember that "they are trees" LOL...

I will post some pics of my trees for you when i get home. then you can see the difference how much they have grown in just a few weeks.. Truly amazing!!!

Good luck on your search for the trees.. I hope you find the ones that you are looking for!!!

James,

I certainly hope you can find some relief... sounds like you are in alot of pain. Sooo sorry. Hopefully, you can find someone to help you . You know how much i love Ibiza!! stayed there for two weeks and had a great time.

Formentera is another wonderful island south of Ibiza.. If you feel better and have time.. I would suggest a ferry ride and go and have lunch at the overlook at the southern end of the island. Im talking breathtaking...

Feel better... Please let us know how you are doing...

Take care,

Laura

• jandey1
    11 years ago

NC, did you get my email about Texas Lemon Drop sources? I would also be interested to know if JJ's has a Tiger when you go! Please email me either way.

James, I hope your back gets to feeling better! Sucks to be in an exotic place but confined to one room. I'd imagine acupuncturists are all over Europe; good luck getting some relief.

Lani was available through QVC very recently, but there were mixed reviews on the quality of the cuttings. Better to wait until next spring, maybe. Ugh, after my past heartbreaks with cuttings I think I should just stick to rooted plants ALWAYS. Here's my poor burnt cutting (don't know why just the center collapsed):

Laura, you crack me up telling others, "Remember VWs!" I'm already getting a little panicked about winter storage. Guess my car will have to live outside all winter while I take up half the garage, lol.

We're having another plumeria meetup here in Central Texas. Can't tell you all how wonderful it is to be able to share plants and chat with other enthusiasts face-to-face!

NC, here are some updated TLD pics:

Too big to fit into the frame:

It's so hot that the flowers have stopped opening completely, and are paler now than in this photo:

Jen

• rjcantor
    11 years ago

Great photos, NC!

Back pain on vacation is horrible. Get better NOW!

• pcput
    11 years ago

Well said Laura !!! It's hard to remember when buying these cuttings and plants that they are TREES and in a few years we'll be breaking our backs trying to get them in and out of the house not to mention the room they take up. Like Bill so nicely put it "the size of Volkswagen". I know I'll be in trouble. Your so right on that feeling when we grow our plants to those first blooms and reblooms. That knowing all our hard work and TLC has rewarded us with the inflos. For those of us who don't live in the ideal climate just getting through that first winter is rewarding. That "I did it" feeling is great. I hope that some of my plants reward me this year with blooms. It would be nice to see what the NOIDs turn out to be. Peg

• funinthesunincl
    11 years ago

Just in cast you have never seen Nancy & Emerson Willis's (Nan & The Plumeria Man in JL's book...) winter storage in their yard. They live a couple of miles from me in LaPorte. They fit ALOT of plumies in small places!!! :)

Also, take a look on his Homepage w/the links to the left to see the rest of the plumeria in his yard during the rest of the year and other great pics! ~Mary Jane

Here is a link that might be useful: Emersonsplumerias.com

• pcput
    11 years ago

OH MY Mary Jane !!! Thanks, that makes me feel soooooooooo much better. I love the ones hanging from the rafters. I guess I can get some more now. Peg

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Mary Jane, I forgot to check my email! LOL... been busy w/ Al's gritty mix. I'm expecting 5 plants and 1 cutting today from Fuzzy and Matt in Hawaii. Going to put them in Al's gritty mix. Pray I'm doing the right thing for I paid a fortune for that Makaha Sunn!

Sorry to hear about your cutting. I'm scared to try too... but hey I accidentally bought one so I will have to give it a go. :)

• Minderella
    11 years ago

NC, Where did you get your Vienna Rose?

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Minderella,

I got mine at JJ's two weeks ago. I just fell in love with the unique color. So soft and sweet! I'm going back tomorrow... do you want me to see if I can find another one?

Where did you get your Lani??

11 years ago

Beautiful Pics Jen!!!

Love your ETLD!!! She is so beautiful!!!

Maryjane... Thank you for the link...very interesting!!! Love to see how others winter over their trees and just have a good look at their system..Thank you for sharing!!!

Hope you are well?

Take care,

Laura

Laura

• Minderella
    11 years ago

NC, I got mine at JP, No you don't need to look for Vienna Rose.

Mindy

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Mindy so you had a good experience w/ JP then? I am getting weary buying online now. I'm paying a lot of money but I'm not getting what I paid for.

From Fuzzy, I received

A plant w/ one broken tip
    A plant which I paid dearly for the inflo that also broke!
    2 plants w/ broken root balls!

So at this rate I am lean toward just getting them locally or flying to Hawaii myself. :(

• funinthesunincl
    11 years ago

Laura.....You are welcome! I thought of Emerson's website when Jen posted pictures of her beautiful ET Lemon Drop. Emerson & Nancy have a HUGE ETLD tree in their front yard, and I laugh when Emerson calls out his wench to lift his huge ETLD tree upside down up to the rafters for storage in one of those posted pictures of his winter storage! Amazing!!! I am well, thank you! Enjoying my plumies & getting ready for a vacation in Costa Rica! :)

No-Clue....in regards to Fuzzy's plumies---over the years I have received MANY trees from him with no problem. All VERY WELL packed for shipping. He & his wife are two of the best packers/shippers around! If you received a plant with broken tips, inflos, etc. it was because of the shipping process--not them. If you took insurance out, make a claim.....but please don't blast Fuzzy. They are good plumeria people and take their plumeria business very seriously.

Hey James----I hope you are doing better!!! I was looking for that photo of you in the Speedo & gold chains at the beach from years on back....LOLOL Let's see, you had a special nickname........ :)

I hope everyone is enjoying their plumies!!! ~Mary Jane

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Mary Jane... I sorry if I came across as blasting them. But I spent A LOT of money on their rooted plants and so far I have issues w/ 4 out of 6 plants... so the bottom line is I paid a lot of money and did not received goods as promised.

With that said I'm sure they are wonderful people but so am I. Is it fair for me to paid such a price to only received damaged goods? With the broken inflo and tip I just chalked it up to bad luck that happened during transit. I didn't mention it here nor did I leave them bad feedbacks. Not only that but I continued to purchase from them.

But this time to be honest I was a little off putting when he knowingly sent it anyway with out the root ball. This is the second time he did that. I didn't pay for a cutting I paid for a ROOTED plant!! I did not bid up to such a high price for damaged goods.

Still I never asked for a refund, a discount or replacement... all I did was stated the fact and said I was weary. I don't think I'm being unreasonable. But I am upset and terribly disappointed! :( I hope I can still voice my experience here without offending his loyal customers!

• funinthesunincl
    11 years ago

No offense...but NC, think about it, you are voicing some pretty harsh comments, without even talking to them and giving them a chance to do something about what went wrong---IF it was something within their control. Just put yourself in the Seller/Grower's place---wouldn't you want a chance to make it right with your customer? Just saying......it's not right to 'pile on' these negatives in a public forum without giving them a chance. A good business transaction needs to be mutually satisfying.... Always be completely honest with a Seller.
    ~Mary Jane

• jandey1
    11 years ago

Mary Jane, those are terrific photos of the Willis's place! Inspiring for those of us who want to try bare-root storage on our mature trees. Thanks for the link.

N-C, I agree that you didn't really get what you were paying for and that's frustrating. Unfortunately broken tips and inflos are not that uncommon with shipping but hopefully Fuzzy makes changes if you let him know that the packaging was not sufficient. Your plant with broken roots should spring back and put out more roots tho I know none of us wants a setback like that when we've paid for a rooted plant.

Laura, thanks for the compliments! Lemon Drop is still putting out blooms despite the heat. I've noticed it wants a lot of water, too, or its branches go a bit soft. It's overcast and cooler today (high of only 90!) so everybody's getting a nice break from the pounding heat.

Jen

• Minderella
    11 years ago

I got 2 cuttings in person at a garden fest in Nov. down here in Florida. I put them in pots over the winter,, they didn't get leaves till March or april. My yellow one never rooted and then it was rotten.
    I did receive a pale pink from ebay auction, and I have 4 seedlings that have their first true leaves.

PS. JP doesnt have alot of variety.
    Mindy

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz