Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
torqtjk

JJ at lowes finally

torqtjk
10 years ago

Lowes in San Dimas finally got their plumeria shipment in. I picked up a Divine with six tips and three inflos. They also had a few Cal Sunset, premium white and rainbow, maybe another variety or two. If your around the area stop by soon cuz im sure there gonna move fast at that low price.

Matt

Comments (41)

• mimalf
    10 years ago

Is this a 5-gallon? How much was it?

Superb plumeria! Congrats!

• torqtjk
    Original Author
    10 years ago

$30 after tax. bigger than 1gal but I don't think its two

• pcput
    10 years ago

Look at those inflos, Matt! Nice find! Peg

• DelWH
    10 years ago

The HD in San Dimas also has that size, about 8 or so plants. Just premium Yellow/White, and premium White/Yellow. Just went by there this afternoon. No inflos however.

BTW, that size is labeled "2.5 quarts".

This post was edited by DelWH on Wed, Jun 5, 13 at 1:12

• torqtjk
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I saw the ones at HD, wasn't very impressed with them. had to hold out for Lowes shipment. Glad I did!

• DelWH
    10 years ago

One of them was actually dead, with no leaves on any of the 3 tips. I went to gently squeeze one of the tips and it was like mush. I was surprised they still had it out on the table.

• toomanydogs
    10 years ago

Lowes in Fontana had a new shipment yesterday. I picked up a Dragon's Tears and a Premium Pink/White, both with inflos. I hadn't been interested in the Pink/White from the pictures but the smell was captivating and I had to get it. They had a few more Divine, Thumbalina and more Pink/White.

• daogirl - SoCal Zone 9
    10 years ago

Lowes in Upland got a new shipment in ... I picked up a Divine with 6 tips and 4 inflos! There were a couple good looking CA Sunsets, a bunch of Saharas, some Premium Yellow and Premium Rainbow, and a Dragon Tears. There were also a couple smaller Divines with no inflos.

Here's my new plumie enjoying the ride home! (Divine is my co-pilot?? LOL.)

• Dar Sunset Zone 18
    10 years ago

OMG Daogirl, you are making want to go back. I was about to stop by that Lowes today too, but went to Walmart instead for some stuff. ::

Any ideas what the premium rainbows could be?

• DelWH
    10 years ago

Someone a year or so ago mentioned what they thought the Premium Rainbow was but I don't recall the answer.

OK found it. From jandey last year:

The "premium rainbow" looks a lot like what some call "Thai Super Round", a variety I think is J115. Check out the link.

This is the message thread. There is a pic of the rainbow there:
    http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/plumeria/msg052308569670.html

This post was edited by DelWH on Fri, Jun 7, 13 at 1:28

• beachplant
    10 years ago

e-mailed yesterday about my order, got an e-mail back, should get an invoice. If you placed an order he is just gettting to the backlog and matching prices still in effect.
    Tally HO!

• Dar Sunset Zone 18
    10 years ago

Thanks Del! The Thai Super Round is one I've always had an eye on. Love the shape on that one.

• daogirl - SoCal Zone 9
    10 years ago

Musaboru -

You should also swing by Mt Fuji - they only have 1 gal plants, but almost all had inflos. I'm pretty sure there was a premium rainbow there, too, plus some others I hadn't seen at Lowes. I picked up a 1gal divine there last weekend after you suggested it!

• Pharaoh4
    10 years ago

Daogirl,
    Did you notice if any of the Sahara plumies had inflos??? Also, in your last post, did you mean that they also had the variety Mt. Fuji at the Lowes in Upland???

Thanks,
    Tony

• Pharaoh4
    10 years ago

Nevermind about the Mt. Fuji question, I realize this had nothing to do with the variety. I'm still curious about the Sahara though.

Thanks!

• rox146
    10 years ago

just scored Melody at the Oxnard Lowes and another Thumbalina at the Ventura one....roxanne

• daogirl - SoCal Zone 9
    10 years ago

Hi Tony,

I don't remember seeing any blooming inflos on the Saharas, but I also wasn't really paying attention to them since they weren't what I was looking for. I do remember that they were all 1 gallon plants. There were a bunch, though, so might be worth a look?

• No-Clue
    10 years ago

Funny I was at Lowe's today looking for some flowering vines to give my yard a splash of color and my baby girl saw the Plumerias. She pulled me over and there they were... JJ's plumies. Most had inflos. But since I wasn't looking to add anything I didn't even look closely. They looked pretty good though.

• daogirl - SoCal Zone 9
    10 years ago

I just so happened to find myself at Lowes in Rancho Cucamonga today, and they had also gotten a new shipment, although not much was left. I still managed to score a 1gal Thumbelina!

Musaboru - there was a Premium Rainbow with an inflo, although the flower wasn't quite open yet. It might be by tomorrow. I'm also not sure if the Premium Rainbows are the same every time, since I remember someone saying they saw one that looked like Cal Sunset.

I also saw a couple of yellow-whites that had writing on the trunks, and a Premium Red marked "EC", which I assume means El Corazon?

• dthrooop
    10 years ago

Oh dear, with all the postings for So Cal, I might have to work my way down the street to the Simi Valley Lowe's and see what I can find. I have a cutting order in at Piece Of Paradise and have been attempting to go over the hill to LA and pick something up at Island Plumeria....so many trees, so little time! I don't think the wifey knows what's coming!

Cheers!
    Dan

• astrl
    10 years ago

I was totally shocked to see some JJ's at our Lowe's this morning. In case anyone in the local area is interested, it is the Lowe's on Malabar Rd. in Palm Bay, FL.

astrl

• pcput
    10 years ago

You guys are finding such good ones in CA.
    astri - How's the FL selection? What did you pick up?
    I don't know how anyone could look and NOT buy. I don't have that kind of will power :) Peg

• No-Clue
    10 years ago

Hi Dan,

Oh oh so the addiction is in full force! Don't go to Island Plumeria or you will buy everything! Don't say I didn't warn you. Mathew has some beautiful trees. I only stopped at 6 b/c that was all I could fit. :)

You should consider coming to JJ's Open house in July. By then hopefully a lot of his plants will be blooming. We had fun last year.

• astrl
    10 years ago

Peg - It's hard to believe, but I didn't buy any. I already have more than I can handle. :)

They had one Divine, 2 California Sally's, 2 Thai (Splash?) and 2 others (white, I think).

I was trying to look them up using my smart phone but the site is difficult to navigate on there.

astrl

• pcput
    10 years ago

Thanks astri, I'll probably be back in FL in a few weeks so maybe they'll still have some. I admire your will power! Peg

• Lnorigb
    10 years ago

I think my local Lowes is doling out JJ's. Upon my arrival there were no plumerias anywhere, from any breeder, as we were leaving they had wheeled out four plants. All for $27.99 still. I really really don't need another baby but the premium red has four healthy tips! So it cam home with me. Of the 4 two were wrinkled and mushy to the touch from base to tips... I skipped over those. Can they be rescued from that state? I know its been answered before but can someone drop a link in here pointing the way please?

• dthrooop
    10 years ago

No-Clue,

Yes, I guess it hits about this time every year :-) . I put one in the ground for the first time last year and the inflo's are 1-2 weeks from blooming, sooooo Fathers Day is a week away, and I'm looking to have another success story or two. We'll see if it comes via cutting or local shopping. Either way, I'll be happy new another plumie!

When is JJ's open house this year and is it a one weekend event?

Cheers!
    Dan

• rox146
    10 years ago

The Ventura and Oxnard stores have a few left in both the 1 gallon ($16.99) and the ALMOST 2 gallon ($26.99). I scored a MINI WHITE and a KEN'S WHITE today and am going tomorrow when they hope to get more by noonish.

roxanne

• daogirl - SoCal Zone 9
    10 years ago

uh oh ... more?! That probably means we'll be getting more out here, too. I wonder how many can magically appear on our back porch before the DH says something. LOL

• rox146
    10 years ago

not sure...trying to figure out how to smuggle mine in... roxanne

• rox146
    10 years ago

Ventura got 20 more in....mostly Divine, Sahara, Thumbalina and Mini White.....I did get 1 Dragon Tears , 1 pixie dust, 1 Angel Touch and a Pink Premium that has the initials LP something on it. Wonder if shipment will continue all summer? roxanne

• daogirl - SoCal Zone 9
    10 years ago

Tony, if you're still reading this thread, the Lowes in upland has a Sahara with a new small inflo. They don't have a new shipment in yet, though.

• daogirl - SoCal Zone 9
    10 years ago

Roxanne - how are you finding out the plumeria shipment schedule at Lowes?

• rox146
    10 years ago

Call and talk to the nursery manager...I happen to KINDOF know this guy now working there from another nursery. He feels bad he just has to take what they ship thru the vendor and cannot request certain ones. It still beats the shipping prices. Funny part is, as I checked the Oxnard store last Friday, the same picked over ones were there and here came a whole other shipment in fresh off the truck...I picked from those of course. And, why would you not deliver to the 2 stores on the same day? 15 min. apart from each other...? Good Luck, roxanne

• honeybunny2 Fox
    10 years ago

I went to Lowes today, to check to see if we have any JJ plumera. Same as last year, 1 gallon single plant is $12.99, 2 gallon 2 plant pot is $16.99, no name just a peach picture, on the pot is says Mansfield Tx. Barbra

• Dar Sunset Zone 18
    10 years ago

Daogirl, I did go to Mt Fuji and they had the Premium Rainbow but I wasn't sure if I should get it because I was afraid it might turn out to be CA Sunset (I already have like 2 Penang Peach!). But I did get to smell Jenny and phew, it has a buttery popcorn smell but I detect the smell of a wet dingy rag in there too. Does anyone think that too?

This post was edited by musaboru on Wed, Jun 12, 13 at 1:58

• DelWH
    10 years ago

There was a Jenny at the Pico Rivera store yesterday with an inflo. I passed as I wasn't keen on the scent either.

• rox146
    10 years ago

HHHMMM...that makes me wonder because when I ordered in April from John at JJ he said Jenny was a great one. Sometimes different noses smell different things.

I would have bought the one at our Lowes BUT it was total squish from top to bottom. roxanne

• Pharaoh4
    10 years ago

Daogirl.
    Thanks! I went to the store 3 days ago and Sahara was all they had left. I did see the multi-brach with an inflo that looked like half the buds fell off. I ended up passing on it and just got a really healthy one gallon because I figured I would be more impressed with a fresh inflo when it decides to flower. The roots look great!

Tony

• rox146
    10 years ago

Total damage done in the last 2 weeks...12 total...yeay! roxanne

• plucrazy
    10 years ago

The Lowes in Sanford, Fl just got their plumerias. I have been checking weekly so I wouldn't miss them. I went in to get some bug spray for my plummys, and there they were. JJ's plumerias, I bought Thai Jade, Calif. sunset, and Inca Gold. All had multiple tips and inflos on most all tips. $19.99 each. So anyone in Central Fl should check out their Lowes stores. Soon Walmart will have them and probably Home Depot too. Clara

Sponsored
Longhouse Architects
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Loudoun County's Prominent Architecture Firm Creating Cohesive Designs