Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
plumeria branching

Posted by fabianman2000 Ohio (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 12, 10 at 21:13

I have several plumerias with inflos on them, but it seems that each is only developing one branch at the new inflo site. any tricks to getting more branches than that?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: plumeria branching

Not that I know of. I have plants that will develop three new branches at the inflo site on one branch, and only one on another branch. Seems like the plant is in control on that score.

o

To some degree it depends on the plumeria variety. It also depends upon the overall vigor of the plant and growing conditions. Plants growing vigorously under ideal conditions will develop more branches upon flowering and can often flower on shorter branches. At least this has been my observation.

Unless you have an 'Aztec Gold'. LOL! That one just wants to be a moose.... at least for me!

o

As Dave said, variety matters. my best brancher is my Royal Hawaiian- too many to count. Heavy flowerers are heavy branchers.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

o

tdogdad, I've seen Royal Hawaiian listed as an AKA for Plastic Pink. Is that what you have? I'm curious because I have a Plastic Pink, but much smaller. It would be awesome if mine would branch as much as yours.

o

I have seen that too and I have both and my plastic pink is not as orange in the center as my RH and does not branch like it. I don't really know about this but the two flowers and plants are slightly different.

o

try some bloombooster fertilizer.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here