Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dpolson37

Northern Virginia growers - Turface supplier is found

dpolson37
11 years ago

Hooray! Maybe this has been mentioned before, but a good source is worth mentioning again. Today I bought the All Sport version of Turface from John Deere Landscapes(703) 971-1805 6310 Gravel Ave Alexandria, VA 22310. They had a pallet and a half of the stuff.
{{gwi:1178059}}From Garden 2012

Comments (5)

• Dave in NoVA • N. Virginia • zone 7A
    11 years ago

I do recall calling on the phone once and they said they had it.

But now, where to get good pine fines???? I don't really have time to screen them -- much less build a screen to screen them! Ideas?

Did you build a screen?

• kandhi
    11 years ago

I know that this is not the right forum to post this but I am looking to trade this locally. I posted on Mid Atlantic exchange forum and it did not work for me. I do have a MVP turface bag that I am planning to exchange for some plumeria cuttings. If only I can find someone interested in taking this locally and do not mind driving to Ashburn to pick it up as it is very heavy.
    Dave, MVP turface can also be found at Wolftrap Nursery in Vienna, Va. you can find pinebark fines at Merrifield Garden Ctr for 4.792 Cuft. Expensive but very good quality. I use this to make my 5-1-1 mix. Gritty mix I tried once but it is too heavy for me to use this for plumeria's. After checking with Al and Laura in VB I researched for ingredient locally for gritty mix, I bought both grani-grit growers kind and MVP turface but never was able to make that soil. I have weak hands too.. so don't want to mess up with anything, plumeria's do good in 5-1-1 soil also though gritty mix is far superior for them. If anyone interested to exchanging plumeria cuttings for gran-i-grit and turface let me know.

• User
    11 years ago

Dave,
    Go to your local garden center or big box garden center and ask for soil conditioner.
    It is sold under that name. Perfect for what you need, and you don't have to screen it.

• odyssey3
    11 years ago

I bought some All Sport turface from the Alexandria John Deere in May, went back today because I needed more, only to find they are sold out until next year!! :(

Is MVP ok to use too? I can't quite remember. I might try Wolftrap...

• DelWH
    11 years ago

MVP should be OK.

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm