Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print

Psycho is blooming and looking awesome.. I love everything about this tree!

The scent, the hardiness of the tree, the profuse blooms.. The shape of the whole inflo and especially , where it came from!!!!

Truly, Psycho!!! ;-)

Laura

Comments (13)

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    9 years ago

Such a beauty, Laura! Is yours a non-stop bloomer like Bills? I should have taken Andrew up on his offer of a Psycho but then his back got so bad, the surgery and all, that I didn't want to put him though any trouble. Now I wish I had made him get his butt up off that surgery table and go to the PO! lol

j/k with all that but your Psycho is lovely. :)

• rox146
    9 years ago

Laura, remind me when you are here to show you 3 I have a friend gave me called Pink Pony that sure looks, acts, smells like Psycho....

• tikitropic
    9 years ago

Okay... it's time for me to come out of the closet ;)
    I've been lurking in the background of this forum for over a year now but this is my first post! I have learned a LOT here and I really appreciate all the time and effort all of you "regulars" put into this forum.

I have had a small handful of Plumeria (in pots) for at least 20 years and this one has always been there for me. At least I think it's the same as Laura's... check out my picture and let me know what you all think.

I don't remember ever hearing anyone calling it "Psycho" or "Pink Pony", but I have heard it called "Lady Wilcox".

Laura, did you by chance get yours from Bill? I think I live just around the corner from him and it seems a lot of people have that variety in this area.

Anyways... I cut off a branch from one of mine yesterday for my first grafting attempt. It's just sitting there on the side of the house if anybody wants it. If my graft "takes" I'll be hacking more branches off of it!

Doug

• kandhi
    9 years ago

Hi Laura, That is stunning beauty! can you describe the fragrance (fruity, floral)? My psycho is growing and I am waiting for it to bloom.. Keep sharing your pics..

• maark23 TX/8a
    9 years ago

Beautiful!!! Love seeing everyone's flowers!

Mark

• disneyhorse
    9 years ago

My "Gardena" is probably a cousin... I love this kind and it's impossible to kill. Here is one of its big inflos tonight...

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    9 years ago

Isn't Gardena and Psycho the same?

It's a beautiful photo!

I saw Upland's offers a Lady Wilcox but doesn't Doug's also look like a Psycho? And why would Doug stay in hiding with a name like TikiTropic? That's too cool to stay hidden! :)

All are very nice pics!

• disneyhorse
    9 years ago

I don't think Daisy Wilcox looks like any of these.

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hello Everyone!!

Mona.. It is a sweet fragrance.. I'm not that great at describing scents, but it is sweet, floral to me. To funny about Andrew. I could see him doing that for you!!! ;-)

Sounds great Roxanne!! I can't wait to see all of your beauties!!!

" lurker Tikitropic". Lol. Welcome to the forum!!! I did received my Antler from the nice gentleman in Costa Mesa.. ;-). I know it is called " Gardena" and it was nicknamed " Psycho" by Bill's wife because of it being such a long lasting bloomer and it never would slow down... " Psycho" has its name from his lovely wife. So it is Gardena as noted and we have just followed the " Psycho name here.

Good luck, Doug!! I'll post a pic of the underside of the bloom for you to see. I did post this on the FB forum and another gentleman said it was from Gardena and it has been around a long time.

Bill,also confirmed it was Gardena. Hope this helps!! I love your tree !! It's beautiful!!!

Kandhi !! Always so nice to see you.. All I can say is it is a fruity floral scent. Im Sorry that I can add more.. It's just hard for me to describe this one...

Mark!! Thank you!! Nice to see you as well!!!

Mona.. Yes, you are correct.. They are the same. ;-)
    I also like the name too!!

Disney.. I agree.

Have a great night everyone!!!

I'll post another pic of " Psycho" tomorrow. It continues to amaze me!!!

Laura

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    Original Author
    9 years ago

In my postings.. George Crochet mentioned he named it Gardena 20 years ago..( about ) fYI. It was from the area of Gardena California.

Thought you would like to,know... ;-)

Laura

• tikitropic
    9 years ago

Really?? It's called Gardenia?
    Thanks, Laura for bringing me up to speed!
    I'm kind of a nut about having my plants correctly named. Too bad I already made "PSYCHO" tags for all of them! ;)

It does bloom like crazy and it seems to thrive on neglect.
    Mine has the distinct stripes on the back side and the blossoms have a pink tinge to them for a day or two after opening... then turning mostly white from then on.

My wife thinks I'm "psycho" for all the cuttings I've been bringing home lately. She calls it my "stick garden".

I thought this was kind of interesting...(picture)
    Anybody want to fill me in on how to post multiple pics?

Thanks again for all your knowledge!

Doug

• jandey1
    9 years ago

Welcome, Doug!

Gardena/Psycho is not to be confused with Gardenia. They are different. I believe yours is neither but I could be wrong. The bloom shape and bud color look different.

Also, Lady Wilcox is probably very different from Daisy Wilcox.

In any case, they're lovely and blooming, which is what all of us want any time we can get it!

• tikitropic
    9 years ago

Thanks Jen, for the correction. I meant to spell Gardena but somehow it came out with an i in it! Gardenia is quite different.

Now that I look at the pictures again it appears that Bill's/Laura's flower may have a little more overlap in the petals than mine.

Oh well... I'll just call it "looks kinda like Gardena/Psycho" for now!

Doug

Sponsored