Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tdogdad

Thanks for all the care

tdogdad
11 years ago

Thanks for all the calls and notes regarding my minor heart surgery tomorrow. I am not one for medical events and your concerns eased my nerves. Hope to be happily resting amongst my (hope they will open) blooms next week. I can't think of a better way to repair than in the scent of tropical blossoms. And Laura- you are a gem. Bill

Comments (47)

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    11 years ago

Bill
    I wish you well and hope you have a speedy recovery.

Mike.

• pcput
    11 years ago

Bill, will say a prayer for a speedy recovery. Take care of yourself. Peg

• jandey1
    11 years ago

Bill, we'll be thinking of you in Austin and hoping for the best outcome!

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    11 years ago

Bill - sending positive thoughts from North Carolina for both a speedy recovery AND a yard full of blooms to heal by. Looking forward to seeing you back real soon. I've learned so much from you and our other experts here.

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    11 years ago

Bill,

I know all will be fine tomorrow...

Lots of prayers here for you and Sherry.

Everything will be fine. Please hurry and get well cuz i decided to re rent the trucks!! : )

Rest well tonight, Know that you have many friends here that care for you and wish you all the best!!

Think of hanging ten at at the pier... : )

Hope to hear from you soon!!!

Those blooms will be open and ready for your welcome when you come home...

Laura

• Kimo
    11 years ago

Bill
    Your such a healthy person that I know you will come through without any issues :) In a way your like a plumeria as they can take a lot and still thrive. My thoughts and prayers go with you.
    I am glad I had the opportunity to see you yesterday before your procedure.
    See you when I get back.

• nativec
    11 years ago

Many prayers are being sent from my little spot in CA. Thank you Bill for showing all of us how to "pay it forward" :)

Nicole

• No-Clue
    11 years ago

Bill although I don't know you well yet... I wish you the best tomorrow. Sending you healing vibes and prayers.

• rjcantor
    11 years ago

Praying for healing and quick recovery!

• daogirl - SoCal Zone 9
    11 years ago

Bill,

I only know you through your extremely helpful advice (and beautiful pictures!!) in this forum, but all the same, I hope you have a speedy recovery, and that you'll be back here in no time!

Sending good vibes from outside LA,
    Hollis

• stormys_mom
    11 years ago

Bill
    Prayers and nothing but good thoughts for your surgery!! Hoping for a speedy recovery so you can get back here soon!! We would be lost without you!!!! Think positive thoughts. Your a good honest man and God will take care of you :)
    We will miss you till you get back. Please have someone let us know how your doing.

Take good care
    Jackie

• honeybunny2 Fox
    11 years ago

Bill, I will be praying for you. Wishing you a speedy recovery. Hope to see you back on the forum soon, posting those beautifull pictures. Barbra

• joanr
    11 years ago

Bill,

Hope you have a swift recovery. We need you back on this forum giving us your veryyyy helpful advice and posting all those beautiful pictures. I keep my kleenex box handy to wipe all the drool away after looking at your pictures :)

I will definitely be saying some prayers for you!!!

Joan

• purdee54
    11 years ago

Bill, here's hoping everything was successful and for a speedy recovery.My prayers are with you.

• Andrew Scott
    11 years ago

HEy Bill,
    Man, I feel like an ass!! I apologize for not getting in touch with ya sooner! Had no clue you were not feeling well.

All I can say is I wish you the best. Your such an awesome guy and I(along with so many others here)owe much of my plumeria success to you.

Hoping you fell better. I will say a prayer for you, and I wish you nothing but the best for tomorrow!

I am sure you will have loads of awesome blooms to enjoy during your recovery. Time for you to enjoy the fruits....(wait, wait) I mean INFLOS OF YOUR LABOR!

Take care, and if you can....I think it would be great if you knew someone who could keep us all updated.

Andrew

• kevphol
    11 years ago

Prayers for you Bill! Minor surgery is surgery on someone else, but these things are pretty routine these days. I'm sure you will go through all well!

• TruNorth7
    11 years ago

Bill-
    I hope your surgery went well today. I'm thinking of up here in Nor Cal. I wish the very best for you and your family and hope you recover quickly.
    Thank you for all that you do for us here on the forum. I would be lost without you and all your wonderful advice.

Rachel

• cbadcali
    11 years ago

Gee Bill, I didn't know you had been having problems. Hope this finds you resting comfortably and planning where you can in fit a few more plumeria.

Take care. Mary

11 years ago

I hope you are resting well...

We are all thinking of you and hoping all went well today.

Thinking of you Bill!

Enjoy the time while recovering.. Once you are up and around you wont stop!!! : )

Thinking of you Sherry... let me know if you need anything. I know i am over here on the other coast, but i would help you anyway i can...

Laura

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    11 years ago

You have such a sweet way about you, Laura. :)

• brighty
    11 years ago

Hey Bill,

I hope you are feeling well after your surgery. I know your plumerias are missing you. I hope they have a surprise for you when you get home. :)

• sflgplume
    11 years ago

Best wishes for a speedy and painless recovery, Bill.

11 years ago

Hello Everyone,

I just heard from Sherry and she wanted me to let you all know that Bill is doing well and resting comfortably..

He and Sherry thank everyone for all of the well wishes!!

Surgery was a success!

Take care everyone!!

Laura

• Dave in NoVA • N. Virginia • zone 7A
    11 years ago

Bill, I haven't been monitoring the Plumeria Forum for a while. This is news. Please have a speedy recovery. Thanks again for all your generosity to so many fellow plumeria growers.

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    11 years ago

I'm so glad all went well! Take it easy, Bill!

Laura, thanks for giving us an update.

• rjcantor
    11 years ago

Good for Bill! Get better quickly!

• dpolson37
    11 years ago

Wow Bill, I just heard. Glad things are getting better. My Dad just went through some heart issues, but is doing much better now too.

Plumerias will get you through anything.

Big Wave Dave

• tdogdad
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I am back. Modern medicine is something else. One day they are inside your heart burning spots that are acting up and the next day you are home walking in your garden. I can't work or lift heavy things for a week but I can be fully active in the surf in two weeks. Of course, last night was no sleep at all but today I feel really good. Thanks to all my fellow addicts- may we all have grand inflos in life. Bill

• Andrew Scott
    11 years ago

It's truly awesome to see you back here Bill. I agree. Modern medicine is awesome! Had that first back surgery..had 2o+ staples in my abdomen and they released me the very next day to go home. I was up and moving that same day.

Thanks for letting us know your feeling ok....and thanks to you Laura for passing the message along!

Andrew

• irun5k
    11 years ago

Bill- great news. Glad to hear everything worked out OK. You're a great help to all of us on the forum.

• Kimo
    11 years ago

Bill,
    So Glad to hear how are doing! Well when I get back Ill take you and Sherry to Veggie Grill...VEGAN and DELISH and healthy for you.....

Cheers
    James

• pcput
    11 years ago

Good to see you back among us Bill. Relax and enjoy the fruits of your labor. You deserve it. Can't wait until your blooms get going as I know the beautiful pic will follow. Take care of yourself and follow the Dr. orders. Peg

• No-Clue
    11 years ago

Welcome back Bill!! Glad to see everything went well. :)

11 years ago

Hey Bill!!!

Welcome HOME!!!!!

Two Weeks eh? lol...

You will be back up and walking around your house tomorrow... Just remember to relax like the doc says and enjoy the "down" time... Bud was asking about you. Since you posted here i let him know... I know how close you are and he wanted to send you a card. Hope that was alright!!
    I knew you wouldnt mind... He was concerned...

Glad you are home and resting...

Take Care Bill!!!

Laura

• plumatherapy
    11 years ago

Bill congrats on a successful procedure! Is your email still the same? I just sent you mail and got an immediate response that I know is not from you.
    ellen24961@yahoo.com

• tdogdad
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Ellen- some vitamin company hijacked my account and is sending out ads. I sent you a reply to your e-mail.
    James- you are too funny. A vegan healthy meal coming from a guy who brought me 8 of the most high calorie, decadent cup cakes from King's bakery. You are prohibited from any further gestures of friendship over 1000 calories. LOL. Thanks- I greatly value your friendship ans so enjoy yakking plumie stories with you.

• Kimo
    11 years ago

Bill,
    Veggie Grill is under 1000 per meal and low fat and low or no cholesterol..lol. When I get back Ill bring your plumie and take y'all to Veggie Grill..lol

Actually the cupcakes came from your neighborhood called Queens Bakery.

Here is a link that might be useful: Queens Bakery Website....

• TruNorth7
    11 years ago

Welcome back Bill! So glad it went well!!!

Rachel

• tdogdad
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Ellen yes it is, I just went in and changed my password so I hope this ends all this piracy.

• Kimo
    11 years ago

Bill,
    Did you run an update and antivirus before you changed your password? Or are you using your Mac, if so do you have your firewall "ON"?

James :)

• iowajojo
    11 years ago

Just read this Bill. So glad you are up and about so quickly!
    I don't post anymore because I NEVER get any blooms, but I do read the posts. TAKE CARE BILL!

• jandey1
    11 years ago

BILL!! So glad to see you back and to hear you're doing well! Hope your heart wasn't tipped over the edge by pecan pralines...

Enjoy your down time--may your blooms light up for you!

• ANNAMARIA VECCHIO
    11 years ago

BILL...I haven't been here on GW for a while and just found out about your surgery, I'm very glad to see you back here,Us "plumie addicts" need you, I would be lost without your Help!!!
    Take good care of yourself,
    Annamaria

• joanr
    11 years ago

Bill, so glad to hear the surgery went well and you are back to talk plumeria with us. I know I for one would certainly miss your wisdom and help on this forum if you were gone too long:)

I guess those prayers helped!!!

11 years ago

I Just want you all to know that this forum (Plumeria Forum) has the most kind people and you all are the most pleasant people to be around.. i sometimes visit other forums, only to realize that this is "Home"

People can be so rude and not kind in some forums.. You all are the best and i just wanted to thank you for being truly good genuine people...

IT all started with you bill... Thank you for being the first one to be such a big help...i will always appreciate you...

Mahalo!!!

Laura

• honeybunny2 Fox
    11 years ago

Welcome back Bill! Glad everything went well, thank goodness for modern medicine. Barbra

• funinthesunincl
    11 years ago

Bill----so glad to hear you are 'tip toeing thru your plumies' again!!! Best wishes for a continued recovery!!!

James----you are too funny!!! How have you been???

~Mary Jane :)

Sponsored
SURROUNDS Landscape Architecture + Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
DC Area's High-End Custom Landscape Design/Build Firm 9x Best of Houzz