Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
andrew_scott77

Super excited!

Andrew Scott
9 years ago

Four years ago, I bought a 1 gal, two tipped JJ Orange. When I bought it it had a blooming inflo, but because it took over a week and a half to get to me, the inflos dropped. I was so disappointed!

During the last few years, it has not produced any inflos. This summer, I noticed how fat the tips had become. Today I was checking on all my trees, and noticed that none have produced any inflos yet. Usually by now, JJ Super Round, Psycho, and my DSP have inflos.

When I got to my JJ Orange, I did notice a very young INFLO!! I cannot even express the excitement I am feeling, especially knowing that our summer is just starting!

I will update this once it finally blooms. I cannot wait!!

Andrew

Comments (9)

• pcput
    9 years ago

Yeaaaa! Andrew!
    Now if you can just figure out how to post pics so we can enjoy too. :)
    Peg

• Andrew Scott
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I can post the pictures, I just don't have a good camera anymore. I had an excellent camera but sadly it was stolen by a friend before I had the chance to get any blooming plumeria pictures. Since then, I have not replaced it but hopefully will get a new one after this summer.

Thanks Peg! I hope your having a good plumie season!

Andrew

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    9 years ago

Andrew - I'm so sorry that someone stole your camera and you won't be able to show us any pics of how beautiful JJ Orange is going to be. You will enjoy it all the same, though! So happy for you!

• texasplum
    9 years ago

congrats and cant wait to see some pics! How has it grown the past couple years?

• Pharaoh4
    9 years ago

Way to go! Nothing beats the excitement of discovering an inflo!

Tony

• Andrew Scott
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks peg. I will find a way somehow!

Hi Texas! This tree didn't grow very fast at all the first few years. I honestly think I potted it up too soon. It went from a 1 gal pot to a 5 gal pot. Looking back on it, I would never do that again. Thankfully the soil was porous enough, so the tree never rotted. It seems like in the past year or so, it really beefed up! I was really surprised to see how thick and beefy the two tips have become. I have heard though that this variety can produce HUGE inflos, so it does make sense that tips have become so thick.

Thanks Tony! I am beyond excited!! This time to me is one of the toughest. Just knowing that the inflo will need time to mature, and also waiting for those first buds to mature and ripen! I will be checking this tree 24/7!!! LOL!

Andrew

• spiroan
    9 years ago

Exciting stuff, Andrew! Hoping to see pics when it blooms.

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    9 years ago

Whoooooo hoooo!!!!

Congratulations!!

I know you are beyond excited!!! This one is a beauty and I KNOW you are ready to jump ten feet high!! Lol...

Please try and take a picture. Friend took your camera? Not a friend anymore... Scheesh!! That's awful...

Thanks for the happy birthday wishes! That was very nice, Andrew!!

I can't wait to see and hear about your other trees too!!

It's time.. We all have been waiting so patiently.. Come on Inflos!!! ;-)

Laura

• Andrew Scott
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you everyone! I have only been growing my plumeria for 4-5 years. I was warned how addicting this hobby could become, and seeing this inflo popping on my JJ Orange makes all the TLC I have given them worth while.

Hi Laura!! I had to say Happy Birthday to you. You have truly been an amazing friend to me and I appreciate more than you know!

I will be going outdoors here in a few minutes. My flower beds desperately need my attention. I did check for more inflos earlier but I will give them another look and see if more are on there way.

Our temps here have been crazy hot, and I am assuming that this, along with the high humidity is helping to produce the inflos on my trees.

I will definitely take pictures when my Orange opens. You know this is what got me so excited about plumeria!

Take care my friend, and again thanks everyone for your words of encouragement!

Andrew