Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Was expecting Kona Hybrid and got a ?

Posted by dpolson37 7a VA (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 8, 12 at 21:56

My plumeria bloomed today and I was expecting a Kona Hybrid coloring. Imagine my surprise when it turned out all yellow. Then I looked closer and realized there were 6 leaves. Now I'm really confused at what I have blooming. It smells like Aztec Gold and seems to be growing like AG so I'm starting to think that is what I have. I've not seen any of my AG's produce 6 pedals, but I'm guessing it's possible.

Any thoughts?

From Garden 2012

Big Wave Dave

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Was expecting Kona Hybrid and got a ?

Could it be another yellow hybrid? I.E. Nebel's Gold? IT's really nice and looks very healthy. I can understand the dissapointment when you have a plumeria that you have waited for to bloom, just to find out it wasn't what you thought it was. Sorry that happened to you!

Andrew

o

Andrew,
Where did you get this so called Kona Hybrid?
I have AG that sometimes puts out six petals.
Aloha Kakou Hoaloha ~ may there be love between us friends!Aztec Gold Plumeria

o

Great phots Tropic 7. I'm betting this mystery of mine is a Aztec Gold. Either way, I love it and it smells wonderful.

Big Wave Dave

o

Here are some more photos of what I think is an Aztec Gold. I didn't see the pink bands in the first few blooms, but now looking at the back they are there.

So, what do you think? Is this an Aztec Gold?

From Garden 2012

From Garden 2012

From Garden 2012

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here