Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rox146

wildfire

rox146
10 years ago

This is my second year for Wildfire blooms...last year only one tip bloomed. This year, every tip is blooming. Wished I had 4 more of these. Great holding power and smell shape...it has it all....roxanne

Comments (24)

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    10 years ago

Good one!

• honeybunny2 Fox
    10 years ago

Roxanne, I called every seller in Texas trying to buy another one. I bought mine from Emerson last year in July, its blooming non stop. Love the color. Barbra

• rox146
    Original Author
    10 years ago

yes, it is one of the greats!

• maark23 TX/8a
    10 years ago

I am going to put this one on my list!

Mark

• rox146
    Original Author
    10 years ago

and very long bloom season, at least in my area...roxanne

• No-Clue
    10 years ago

Roxanne,

She's a beauty! I have two, one grafted and the other not. My grafted bloomed briefly last year but was more pink than red. :(. This year it's just now waking up. The non grafted is still not awake yet. I almost gave her away but Barbra convinced me otherwise. So I hope one or both will bloom this summer. Hey a girl can dream right?

Anyway, where are you located? I am wondering if my location just won't produce red flowers.

• daogirl - SoCal Zone 9
    10 years ago

Beautiful!! This is #1 on my want list right now - I love it!

• rox146
    Original Author
    10 years ago

No Clue....I am in Ventura. I have maybe 8 reds...moving them to find just the right light/temp. they want is the trick for me. One of the best reds I have is Kevin's Red. It was given (2) to me by my 82 year old friend who got me going on these. He brought back 40 cuttings from Hawaii over 30 years ago and put them in the ground at Faria (surf spot up the coast) and they are now all 12 feet high.

The next red I want is Deuvashelle Red (sp?) I just got Pop's red from Island Plumeria...blooms for next year on it. roxanne

• No-Clue
    10 years ago

Thank you Roxanne! I get confused when I don't see location by your ID... so for some reasons I thought you were in TX. :)

Do you have pics of Kevin's Red? To this day I still don't have a blooming red! And it's not exactly easy to find around here either.

Thank you for posting all your beautiful pictures for us to drool over. I love them all!

• No-Clue
    10 years ago

Roxanne,

I just realized that if you're in Ventura and can Wildfire to bloom that dark then maybe there is hope for me afterall!

Ok now I'm excited again. I was despondent thinking that with my climate I will never see a red plumeria! Thanks again for sharing that. Your photos gave me back my hope. :)

• plumygirl
    10 years ago

Roxanne, your Wildfire photo is terrific! You really caught the colour.

• rox146
    Original Author
    10 years ago

thanks...hope to post a photo of all my reds if they will all bloom at the same time to see difference in shape/smell/texture. roxanne

• No-Clue
    10 years ago

Roxanne,

Is your Kevin's Red blooming yet? Can you share a photo? Thank you!

• printmaster1 (DFW TX)
    10 years ago

I was in Huntington Beach, CA last year on vacation and found a guy on craig's list. He had large Wildfire trees in his side yard!!! I did some home with a rooted cutting too!

Lonnie

• rox146
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Kevin' Red will bloom in a month or so...what I like besides it's smell is the fact it does not fade..not as thick of petals as Wildfire but still a good one. I am just happy that this year is the most inflos I have ever had.... roxanne

• plucrazy
    10 years ago

I have a Key West Red that looks just like the Deuvashelle red. It roots very easily and has been blooming for number of years. My mother tree is about five feet tall but large across. Smells good too. Clara

• printmaster1 (DFW TX)
    10 years ago

Here is a pic of his side yard with Wildfire!

Lonnie

• daogirl - SoCal Zone 9
    10 years ago

Whoa, Lonnie. That's an awesome tree! I'm in Huntington Beach all the time - I'll have to start paying more attention when I'm driving around! LOL.

• PRO
    the_first_kms2
    10 years ago

Very nice Rox.

• jandey1
    10 years ago

Beautiful, Rox!

And Lonnie, that is an impressive collection of Wildfires! He must live somewhere it doesn't freeze at all. Did he say how old his were?

Mine is now going on three and this is the first season it actually looks like it's growing. It was barely rooted when I got it and it's taken a long while to establish itself.

• printmaster1 (DFW TX)
    10 years ago

You can see the six foot tall fence in the background. This Wildfire tree had to be at least 12 foot tall.
    He is a member of the SCPS in Orange County.
    An older gentleman and extremely knowledgeable.

Jen I don't remember if he stated the tree's age or not.

Lonnie

• beachplant
    10 years ago

Wow! That is one gorgeous tree!
    Tally Ho!

• rox146
    Original Author
    10 years ago

bump...photo of Kevin's red coming tomorrow

• rox146
    Original Author
    10 years ago

here is a photo of Kevin's Red I promised...actually deeper than it looks and great holding power and smell. roxanne

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz